PDA

View Full Version : Spam and turtles

fariic
03-03-2017, 08:28 PM
It's beyond frustrating anymore. Every game now is people who either turtle and do nothing unless they can get their free hit, or it's people cheesing a few classes for spam.

Feinting doesn't work with Kensei, the parry for the heavy comes well after the time you need to cancel for the feint, and they made it so that blocked or parried light hits will give free counters; so I spend a lot of time stuck in place while the other guy gets a free hit on me.

GB is useless, everyone seems to have perfect counters.

Almost all of my fights have devolved into spamming GB because they're parrying my light attacks as easily as they parry my heavy.

Anyone remember when the CoD released that had the kill streak that let you drop a nuke and end the match? The kids that would exploit that to take turns dropping it in matches? Yeah, that's what's going on in FH. All those people that piled into GTA5 and immediately started exploiting and glitching to get free money and cars...that's all I'm seeing here.

Increase chip damage
Add stamina drain on hit for blocks.
Increase stamina drain on charges and headbutts.
Normalize block speeds between the control and the mouse.
Remove revenge gains in 1v1 fights, and start the gains at 2v1 with whatever the current 1v1 gain is.
Create a GB cancel for a feint; ideally as a double tap of the key to eliminate GB spamming.
Remove free counters on weak hit block/ parries
Remove stamina drain on blocked/ parried hits. (max debuff resist, and stamina gear, and I'm going from a full bar to none in one hit on some people)
Make AoE feats deal equal damage to everyone caught in it.
Reduce max damage and defense gains from gear.
Fix the team assignment after matchmaking so that one team isn't all geared players and the other all ungeared.

I don't need suggestions on how to deal with these people, I already know how; it doesn't make it anymore fun. I want a balance patch that actually balances and fixes issues with gameplay mechanics; not balance patches that are all UI bug fixes.

KotoKuraken
03-03-2017, 09:17 PM
>Stamina drain does not need to be increased on headbutts and bashes. They already take an obscene amount of stamina, but people will literally combo until they run out of stamina
>There is no need to increase the stamina drain for simply blocking. Sometimes, the only way combat an all out light like a Berserker is to constantly block block and block, and increasing stamina to blocks would make it even easier to kill a character that relies on blocking
>The developer himself said Revenge is still great for 1v1, because in the situation where one person is constantly attacking and the person losing health is constantly getting good blocks, it can make the game more interesting by changing your attack strategy for a few seconds

The other ideas seem alright. Defense is in a strong position currently, but we must also make sure all out aggression does not become the meta and make only the assassins the most viable class type

Hogmin
03-03-2017, 09:21 PM
The simple answer, in my opinion is to remove the free GB after parrying.

This way Parrying still works in terms of reducing damage/draining stamina but doesn't COMPLETELY shift the momentum in your favour unless you have some vortex's or something like that, and I'm sure those would be adjusted accordingly.

Feint cancel into GB already exists, and as it is isn't easily sbusable as what you're suggesting, where we'd just seem people feint->GB into straight GB

fariic
03-03-2017, 09:54 PM
The simple answer, in my opinion is to remove the free GB after parrying.

This way Parrying still works in terms of reducing damage/draining stamina but doesn't COMPLETELY shift the momentum in your favour unless you have some vortex's or something like that, and I'm sure those would be adjusted accordingly.

Feint cancel into GB already exists, and as it is isn't easily sbusable as what you're suggesting, where we'd just seem people feint->GB into straight GB

Not a feint into a GB, a GB into a feint. They've said their aware there is an issue with turtling and they're looking into ways to handle it. A GB feint would be a way to deal with it, because the counter is one of the reasons they are turtling. If you can counter every GB, then you just wait for a parry or block that allows for a free hit.

If I can feint the GB on someone that refuse to do anything but walk towards me until they can get a free hit, and the heavy feint doesn't work on them, there is no other means of drawing that guy out of his turtle; I have to take a hit to get the guy to actually do something.

fariic
03-03-2017, 10:01 PM
>Stamina drain does not need to be increased on headbutts and bashes. They already take an obscene amount of stamina, but people will literally combo until they run out of stamina
>There is no need to increase the stamina drain for simply blocking. Sometimes, the only way combat an all out light like a Berserker is to constantly block block and block, and increasing stamina to blocks would make it even easier to kill a character that relies on blocking
>The developer himself said Revenge is still great for 1v1, because in the situation where one person is constantly attacking and the person losing health is constantly getting good blocks, it can make the game more interesting by changing your attack strategy for a few seconds

The other ideas seem alright. Defense is in a strong position currently, but we must also make sure all out aggression does not become the meta and make only the assassins the most viable class type

I'm spending my matches fighting guys that I literally can only weak hit, dodge, weak hit, dodge, weak hit, dodge, because they spend the entire time charging or headbutting and they never run out of stamina. I can't combo into the second hit because immediately after the charge they go into a GB, and if I counter the GB we go right back to square one with them charging.

This is how most of my fights go, and it's getting incredibly boring.

Hogmin
03-03-2017, 11:40 PM
Not a feint into a GB, a GB into a feint. They've said their aware there is an issue with turtling and they're looking into ways to handle it. A GB feint would be a way to deal with it, because the counter is one of the reasons they are turtling. If you can counter every GB, then you just wait for a parry or block that allows for a free hit.

If I can feint the GB on someone that refuse to do anything but walk towards me until they can get a free hit, and the heavy feint doesn't work on them, there is no other means of drawing that guy out of his turtle; I have to take a hit to get the guy to actually do something.

Ahh I see, my bad. That's a much better.