PDA

View Full Version : how are people interupting unblockable shield bash?

S8Canadian
03-03-2017, 06:46 PM
I've seen a fair bit of unblockables seemingly stopped flat without parry.

In particule the raiders tackle, and conq shield bash. Those are unblockable but I've seen someone just stand there and me get hit. Are they countered via simple light attack or heavy attack or something?

Knight.Bishop
03-03-2017, 06:51 PM
It depends which frame you hit them in whether it will stop their shield bash. I recommend dodging or dodge rolling

Zordrage
03-03-2017, 06:54 PM
ALL of the unblockable combos and attacks and abilities can be stopped if you hit them during it just saying.

S8Canadian
03-03-2017, 06:56 PM
Ok, so all you have to do to stop a raider or conq when they do a running unblockable charge at you it is strong hit them or light hit them?

Ashkendar
03-03-2017, 07:28 PM
Unblockables work in the same way normal attack do, with the exception that they'll flatout hit you through your guard. This means: any hit will stagger you (except when you have a shugoki shield or some other means to make you unstaggerable, like revenge for example), you can still be parried (in the case where your unblockable is a weapon attack like the raider's), the hit can still be dodged and you can still deflect it with classes that have deflect.

S8Canadian
03-03-2017, 08:20 PM
Unblockables work in the same way normal attack do, with the exception that they'll flatout hit you through your guard. This means: any hit will stagger you (except when you have a shugoki shield or some other means to make you unstaggerable, like revenge for example), you can still be parried (in the case where your unblockable is a weapon attack like the raider's), the hit can still be dodged and you can still deflect it with classes that have deflect.

OK, so which type are the raiders shoulder tackle from running.
and which type is the conq shield bash from running? (are the conq other shield bashes also the same).

I know how to deal with unblockable attacks. I can parry them. I wasn't aware you could just light attack and interrupt them. I'm really not concerned with the raiders zone unblockable or any other unblockable attack that gives you a direction indicator. It's those two types I asked about. The should tackle and the shield bash.

ParadigmFringe
03-03-2017, 09:10 PM
ALL of the unblockable combos and attacks and abilities can be stopped if you hit them during it just saying. incorrect. some moves have hyper-armor.

Munktor
03-03-2017, 09:24 PM
incorrect. some moves have hyper-armor.

I was going to post this. Lawbringers shove for example is an unblockable that if you hit him during will NOT stagger him.

S8Canadian
03-03-2017, 09:53 PM
ok - so am I missing something here. Has anyone answered my 2 questions?

Conq shield bash is coming at you. You simply hit him with a light or heavy and that stops him? That is what your saying yes?

Same question Raider running tackle.

ParadigmFringe
03-03-2017, 10:56 PM
ok - so am I missing something here. Has anyone answered my 2 questions?

Conq shield bash is coming at you. You simply hit him with a light or heavy and that stops him? That is what your saying yes?

Same question Raider running tackle. reading comprehension... learn it.

S8Canadian
03-04-2017, 02:05 AM
reading comprehension... learn it.

Thanks. So I believe the short is "Yes". It would be nice if someone had just said yes. and given a simple explanation. I'll have to get someone help me test it. I have tried or mistakenly hit people in various states when the orange animation is active and I've never noticed it stop them. There was a semi good post, but there was also disagreement on it by you I believe. So I wanted to know about my two examples. I imagined there was simply MORE to it. Your post is just a troll post. No need of it. You are basically just insulting me. Anyway thanks folks for the replies.