PDA

View Full Version : Question about 1 mechanic...is it working as intended?

sykout25
03-03-2017, 06:40 PM
Take a quick look - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7WI1N8KVek

Am I doing something wrong or is a short sword attack supposed to stop this "unbreakable, unblockable" charge?

Thanks for any input.

ProfessorCookie
03-03-2017, 06:43 PM
From what I know, it's working as intended. If hitting early enough, you can interrupt charges/shield slams/headbutts.

Basically dodge or hit quick/early enough is the way to counter stuff like that. At least in my experience

sykout25
03-03-2017, 06:46 PM
I guess I was under the impression it was like the other orange highlighted moves - like when the raider attacks with his zone attack and melee doesn't interrupt him, So I assumed it was the same for my shield bash.

isthil89
03-03-2017, 08:11 PM
its unblockable not unbreakable lol what a fool u can stop unblockables with a hit

Kamen42
03-03-2017, 08:21 PM
I believe this works as intended.

Basically you have two types of "un-something" moves. Unblockable and Uninteruptible.
Unblockables - these are the orange ones - they can't be blocked, some of them can be parried, generally they can be stopped by an attack.
Uninteruptible - these look like a white "force field" covering the character (you can see one in the same video, after the warlord charges he does a heavy uninteruptible attack). These can not be stopped by an incoming attack but generally can be blocked.

I believe some attacks are both unblockable AND uninteruptible at the same time. Conqueror charge is not one of them.

ParadigmFringe
03-03-2017, 09:09 PM
I guess I was under the impression it was like the other orange highlighted moves - like when the raider attacks with his zone attack and melee doesn't interrupt him, So I assumed it was the same for my shield bash. some characters can hyper-armor through a single hit. the warlord's overhead heavy or overhead LEAPING heavy. the berserker has at least one hyper-armor move. the lawbringer shove has hyper armor on it. i think the raider has it on his unblockable.

conqueror (my main since the second alpha) has no hyper armor on anything.

Hogmin
03-03-2017, 09:16 PM
some characters can hyper-armor through a single hit. the warlord's overhead heavy or overhead LEAPING heavy. the berserker has at least one hyper-armor move. the lawbringer shove has hyper armor on it. i think the raider has it on his unblockable.

Actually, every Warlord heavy has Hyper-Armour

To answer OP: Yes, this is intended.

malazansapper
03-04-2017, 12:18 AM
some characters can hyper-armor through a single hit. the warlord's overhead heavy or overhead LEAPING heavy. the berserker has at least one hyper-armor move. the lawbringer shove has hyper armor on it. i think the raider has it on his unblockable.

this is a "character specific" perk. it is called "uninterruptible heavy attacks". all heavy attacks by a hero with this perk are uninterruptible. the tutorial calls it "trading blows". i assume it is a mechanic for slower less maneuverable heroes to compete with much faster ones.

Munktor
03-04-2017, 01:27 AM
its unblockable not unbreakable lol what a fool u can stop unblockables with a hit

That's why he asked if he was misunderstanding something...

He was ASKING for clarification, not telling people how things work.