PDA

View Full Version : Any plans to deal with insane Revenge builds?

Glofupler
03-02-2017, 08:43 PM
I've noticed revenge is just a bit over powered. Players typically build into revenge the entire time. Does anyone know if there are any plans to nerf it/remove it from some game modes?

Jersmall
03-02-2017, 09:01 PM
I've noticed revenge is just a bit over powered. Players typically build into revenge the entire time. Does anyone know if there are any plans to nerf it/remove it from some game modes?

that is what I was wondering, once you hit level 7+ items they all give a crazy amount of revenge. people just block till the meters full uses, it up repeat.

it really makes it pointless to attack people who revenge 2-3 times in 1 vs 1 turning this game more into an arcade fighter then medieval fighting.

Kharneth88
03-02-2017, 09:05 PM
Why nerf something that is so terribly easy to counter?

Glofupler
03-02-2017, 09:09 PM
Why nerf something that is so terribly easy to counter?

You can spam revenge, you know that right? Players just defend until they have revenge, then engage.

ZEONesp
03-02-2017, 09:22 PM
You can spam revenge, you know that right? Players just defend until they have revenge, then engage.

Dont gank 2/3 vs 1 or dont feed him.
Use more stunts, gb and bashes.
And if you cant avoid to feed him, stay away until vengeance is over.

I dont ser major problemas dealing with IT, in fact I like it because give you a chance for a honorable death while being ganked by 2 or 3.

Munktor
03-02-2017, 09:30 PM

Simply put, if you're struggling with people using revenge builds, you're probably not on their same level...which is understandable, some people have FAR more time to play,

I'm only Rep 1, and i've noticed most people I get matched with in Dominion vs players are going revenge builds.

Y'know what I do? Back up and drop a catapult on them.

Then I lolz.

The revenge build guys are the same ones that parry fish and play defensive meta. Use offensive feats on them.

You know that feats do NOT get affected by damage reduction from gear right?

Everyone has the same opportunities in this game. People complaining about imbalance from a gear/xp/steel perspective are just cry-babies that want to be max level/max gear with little to no effort and are super salty/jelly that others got their first.

Play against AI until you're strong enough to compete evenly if it's that big of a deal to you.

bzorkic81
03-02-2017, 09:35 PM

I dont ser major problemas dealing with IT, in fact I like it because give you a chance for a honorable death while being ganked by 2 or 3.

This is just silly. You build revenge in 1v1's too you know. I have a rep 6 char at 108 gear and a rep 1 char. Guess which one let's me get revenge super easy and 2 shot people?

So when I'm fighting some poor undergeared sap 1v1, I'm usually guaranteed the win.

Plus it shouldn't be a DISADVANTAGE to outrotate your enemy and help 2v1. Revenge is a tool to give you a CHANSE in those situations, but not the advantage.

The concept is fine, it just pops too easy and too often. Devs are aware, they said as much in a stream.

bzorkic81
03-02-2017, 09:37 PM
Simply put, if you're struggling with people using revenge builds, you're probably not on their same level...which is understandable, some people have FAR more time to play,

I'm only Rep 1, and i've noticed most people I get matched with in Dominion vs players are going revenge builds.

Y'know what I do? Back up and drop a catapult on them.

Then I lolz.

The revenge build guys are the same ones that parry fish and play defensive meta. Use offensive feats on them.

You know that feats do NOT get affected by damage reduction from gear right?

Everyone has the same opportunities in this game. People complaining about imbalance from a gear/xp/steel perspective are just cry-babies that want to be max level/max gear with little to no effort and are super salty/jelly that others got their first.

Play against AI until you're strong enough to compete evenly if it's that big of a deal to you.

Lol, by the time you got enough renown for offensive lvl 3 or 4 feats, my team is up 900 to 300 cause we've owned you up to that point. And we got our feats faster than you because we've been dominating.

Then boom, game over man, game over.

Kharneth88
03-02-2017, 09:37 PM

I have fought all manner of revenge build characters. There are very, very few things in this game that are new to me at this point. People cannot spam revenge mode if you don't give it to them. Stop feeding them.

Vordred
03-02-2017, 09:39 PM
they said in the live stream that they are aware of the gear problem, especially Revenge, they do plan to fix it, though they are going to tweak the stats first. so unfortunately revenge will still build in a 1on1. but hopefully by adjusting the stats it wont be as bad, they said adjusting the stats does not work they will look for other solutions.

Munktor
Lol, by the time you got enough renown for offensive lvl 3 or 4 feats, my team is up 900 to 300 cause we've owned you up to that point. And we got our feats faster than you because we've been dominating.

Then boom, game over man, game over.

Play on ps4? I'd love to show you how renown (for feats) has zero to do with gear score.

bzorkic81
And yes, I have full revenge and debuff build until the devs fix the glitch. I'll cheese it up till then. And throw you off that ledge too! :)

bzorkic81
03-02-2017, 09:40 PM
Play on ps4? I'd love to show you how renown (for feats) has zero to do with gear score.

PC.

My gear score helps me kill you. And camp my point when you're dead. And kill the minions when you're dead. And therefore get way more renown.

Do you guys play this game?

Ranshire
03-02-2017, 09:44 PM
This is just silly. You build revenge in 1v1's too you know. I have a rep 6 char at 108 gear and a rep 1 char. Guess which one let's me get revenge super easy and 2 shot people?

So when I'm fighting some poor undergeared sap 1v1, I'm usually guaranteed the win.

Plus it shouldn't be a DISADVANTAGE to outrotate your enemy and help 2v1. Revenge is a tool to give you a CHANSE in those situations, but not the advantage.

The concept is fine, it just pops too easy and too often. Devs are aware, they said as much in a stream.

Uhm.... isn't a 'CHANCE' an advantage? If I'm in a 1v4 I'm already at a huge disadvantage, and if I played well enough to stay alive to hit revenge mode and pop it I should be able to lay the smack down and get in a kill or three be for biting the big bullet, or maybe even plant all 4 of those turkeys and win the clutch. Countering revenge mode is just another practiced skill people will get better at... or not... and continue to cry about it...

Munktor
03-02-2017, 09:45 PM
PC.

My gear score helps me kill you. And camp my point when you're dead. And kill the minions when you're dead. And therefore get way more renown.

Do you guys play this game?

Then I guess I just get matched up with the worst 108 gear score players in the game. Because they're not impossible for me to deal with like so many here seem to believe.

Your entire stance is predicated on you killing me, becuase you're used to players that just run into the meat grinder. Fair enough, I know a lot of peeps play that way. I don't. I know when i'm up against high level people. Most high level people fight VERY Passively (due to defensive meta).

Hope you maxed sprint speed =)

BTW, for clarity sake I do think revenge gain is bad design and revenge should only be affected from a duration/damage/defense perspective. Revenge gain itself should be static.

The mechanic itself and gear advantages aren't a problem imo. Just revenge gain builds are a bit cheesy. But i've already identified ways to deal with that and know others could to. Just making forum posts and whining to UBI to "fix it nao" is easier than thinking for most.

If I don't swing at you, how will you gain revenge?
*think about it black guy meme picture*

Valfrekr
03-02-2017, 09:48 PM

This^!
I keep reading and hearing how something is OP, or a build is OP, or a class is OP. If you look very carefully, there are checks and balances in place for every build/class.
There's a revenge build. Okay, but by focusing on revenge, you come up short elsewhere. Revenge is handy when being ganked via 3v1. Even with the revenge build, a good player could simply dodge out of the way and wait for the effect to end.
What I've been observing is a group of players who cheat their way into a high rep (via AFK exploit), then complain about class imbalance and stat builds when they get their asses handed to them by players who have taken the time to learn how to play their characters.

I'm not accusing everyone of this behavior. I think that instead of folks coming here, complaining how unbalanced a gear build is or a particular class, they should spend time learning how to control their character, and countering heroes they seem to have an issue with.

bzorkic81
03-02-2017, 09:49 PM
Uhm.... isn't a 'CHANCE' an advantage? If I'm in a 1v4 I'm already at a huge disadvantage, and if I played well enough to stay alive to hit revenge mode and pop it I should be able to lay the smack down and get in a kill or three be for biting the big bullet, or maybe even plant all 4 of those turkeys and win the clutch. Countering revenge mode is just another practiced skill people will get better at... or not... and continue to cry about it...

Lol, counter? You roll back, wait out short uninteruptible period and then block, parry and gb/cbg as usual. PlusI pop revenge as often as anyone else. I can handle it just fine.

But its spammy and promotes not fighting for a brief period. If you guys are into skillless boring play, more power to you. Imo, if you and your team were so bad that you're in a 1v4, time to die baddie, but that's just me. I'm geared out and covered either way.

Grayvent
03-02-2017, 09:50 PM
The way I deal with Revenge :
1. Don't gank - Unless you are "100% sure" you can kill him/her before Revenge mode kicks in. P.S. Usually anything more than 2 external hit will trigger Revenge if maxed gear
2. Run! - I know it's not very honorable to run away from battle, but it's either you survive to fight another round or you die an honorable death (causing your team to lose)
3. Distant - If you can't run then keep a distance. This is to avoid being thrown to the ground, if they do, Revenge can finish you off with 2 heavy even at full health, sp watch out!
4. Parry - While keeping your distance, try your best to parry incoming attacks. Every parry you performed, the animation eats into their Revenge mode duration.
5. Flash Grenade - a viable option but its not available all the time. A successful hit with flash grenade will slow down even someone in Revenge mode.

Shinimas
03-02-2017, 10:01 PM

You gain revenge after like 5 blocks even in 1v1. How can people even pretend it's not totally bonkers?

Munktor
03-02-2017, 10:15 PM
You gain revenge after like 5 blocks even in 1v1. How can people even pretend it's not totally bonkers?

You do NOT gain revenge in 5 blocks in a normal 1v1 without gear being a factor.

This is complete misinformation.

Show me a video of you gaining revenge after 5 blocks in a normal 1v1.