PDA

View Full Version : Battle over Europe only 2 single play missions!

kfurni
03-01-2004, 01:11 PM
I know this is not that important but I do play single missions as much as campaigns and it is stated in the expansion, that there are 3 single player missions, 1 German and 2 USAF.

I only have 2, 1 German FW and 1 P51 mission. I should imagine that the extra mission that is missing was for the P47.

Anyone else had this problem or am I looking in the wrong place.

Apart from this hickup, this is not a bad expansion.

Regards kfurni

kfurni
03-01-2004, 01:11 PM
I know this is not that important but I do play single missions as much as campaigns and it is stated in the expansion, that there are 3 single player missions, 1 German and 2 USAF.

I only have 2, 1 German FW and 1 P51 mission. I should imagine that the extra mission that is missing was for the P47.

Anyone else had this problem or am I looking in the wrong place.

Apart from this hickup, this is not a bad expansion.

Regards kfurni

GT182
03-01-2004, 01:31 PM
We don't have it yet over here in the US.... so any other likes or dislikes so far. Give us a preview on what it's like. PLEASE!

"GT182" / "vonSpinmeister"
www.bombs-away.net (http://www.bombs-away.net)
"Fly to Survive, Survive to Fly"

BaldieJr
03-01-2004, 01:33 PM
Yeah, how about a review or some screens or somethin?

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
/---( _ // _(/ _ / __ ,""""]
+----/ ____)(_(_(/_(_(__(__(/____/__/ (__--------,' /---+
| / ( / ,' NR / |
|(_/ ..-""``"'-._ (_/ __,' 42 _/ |
+-.-"" "-..,____________/7,.--"" __]-----+

</pre>

rpkiller
03-01-2004, 02:50 PM
There's a pretty comprehensive review at netwings - rates it slightly higher than I would as the camppaigns from the German side (the only side i've played so far) are pretty limited in scope. Nice skins & good to have some missions for the Normandy & Ardennes maps, though the only campaigns are German or American. I think I read somewhere that a free patch with British campaigns would be released after AEP, though I'm not sure. Without this its still ok, especially if you're an enthusiast, but you don't get much meat for your money. However, I'd still buy it again just to support Luthier et al.

rpkiller
03-01-2004, 02:53 PM
p.s. there are tons of campaign missions, just not many single missions (3; the elusive third being a UK night intruder mission). This is indeed a shame as I too enjoy single missions from time to time.

rp

UK_Apollo
03-01-2004, 03:19 PM
I have three single player missions:
1) Operation Bodenplatte in an FW 190A-8
2) Ardennes Dogfight in a P-51
3) Night Intruder in a Hurricane IIc

Played that third mission today - truly awesome experience dodging those searchlights while searching for the Ju88's by moonlight!

You might need the update from the JustFlight site which adds some files for the RAF Night Intruder mission:
ftp://212.13.198.211/jf/secure_updates/boe/boeupdate-nightskins.exe

My impressions of BoE are generally good so far. If you ignore the spelling mistakes/gramatical errors, or better yet correct the text files, the briefings for the dynamic campaigns are varied and interesting. The dynamic online campaign is worth the purchase price alone - very easy (single click if you wish) to set-up dynamic Co-ops with good balance and lots of ground/air activity. The paint skins are of high quality, but for an Englishman it's the good use of the Normandy/Ardennes maps and the dynamic campaign improvements which make this a recommended purchase.

Ap

Oscar_352nd
03-01-2004, 06:00 PM
I'm in US - got mine today. Its loading now.

http://webpages.charter.net/rogerlavender/images/400sig.GIF

steve_v
03-01-2004, 06:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rpkiller:
However, I'd still buy it again just to support Luthier et al.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Exactly why I've ordered one myself.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/241057.jpg