PDA

View Full Version : War Assets - Strongholds (Dev/CC answer required)

SixthOfDusk
03-02-2017, 06:34 PM
When I first started playing For Honor in the closed alpha I was hyped about the Faction War idea, there was so many things that could come from this mechanic but after the first round has passed on release and nothing has happened I'm pretty disappointed. I was under the impression that if we pushed to an enemies stronghold something would happen, an Epic map only available when a stronghold is being Sieged, unique for each faction, maybe a chance to wipe that faction from the map for that round if they are not able to defend their Stronghold, Rare loot for the members of the winning faction?(Of course the defending faction would gain a greater defensive boost) But that doesn't seem to be the case and it is really underwhelming, what is the point in the Faction War then, simply to control the most territories which are constantly shifting over 6 hour periods, for 15 days when only the last day really matters? You can do better than that Ubisoft and I hope you guys have plans to add more features and options for the Faction War in the future..

Edit: After a long search I haven't been able to find any information about Strongholds, but they must have a purpose now or in the future, surely? I'd be grateful if I could get an official response from someone at Ubisoft.

SF_JHawk373
03-02-2017, 06:59 PM
I'm not even sure deploying war assets truly mean anything. It seem if you push a faction down to 10 territories they gain 80% war assets at the start of the round which makes it impossible to push in further. I'm interested to see some sort of graph on how assets are calculated and distributed at the start of a round and through the entire turn.

Wolf-Heathen
03-02-2017, 07:25 PM
Currently strongholds do nothing. You cannot invade a territory occupied my an enemy stronghold. Maybe wait 6-12 months then we might have something. This game was rushed out the door in a bare bones state(content wise) and with a myriad of bugs simply to appease the shareholders and give Ubisoft a strong first fiscal quarter,