PDA

View Full Version : I'm done.

Mothsinger
03-02-2017, 05:36 PM
I really tried to defend and praise this game as much as I could, pointing out everything that's nice all the time, thinking about changes which could improve the game.

But since it seems, the majority of developers for this game are simply too incompetent, I'm done now.

This ******* patch has worsened the state of the game immensly. Dominion has become unplayable on certain maps, lowering my fps to 30-35 without anything happening. The disconnect errors haven't been addressed in any way, and since the game froze on me for the third time today right after the match, denying me any kind of progress or reward, simply beeing A WASTE OF TIME, I had enough.

It's as everyone says it is. The core of the game is great. The technical side is pure data trash. It feels worse than closed beta again.

I'm wondering if it will take as long as for The Division, around a year, to fix the most broken stuff.

If UBI actually decides to do that. I mean, you patched out the online-player-counter in the social tab, to not be as embarrased for losing 50% of your playerbase after two weeks.

Sad.

itsPlanB
03-02-2017, 05:42 PM
I'd like to say I will miss you, but alas I don't know you. That said, you came here to tell us you were done in an effort for someone to talk you into not "jumping off the bridge" and unfortunately, if you're not patient enough to actually see how the game progresses and you're not willing to stick it out, it probably is time for you to just move on to a different game.

Bye Felicia.

I really tried to defend and praise this game as much as I could, pointing out everything that's nice all the time, thinking about changes which could improve the game.

But since it seems, the majority of developers for this game are simply too incompetent, I'm done now.

This ******* patch has worsened the state of the game immensly. Dominion has become unplayable on certain maps, lowering my fps to 30-35 without anything happening. The disconnect errors haven't been addressed in any way, and since the game froze on me for the third time today right after the match, denying me any kind of progress or reward, simply beeing A WASTE OF TIME, I had enough.

It's as everyone says it is. The core of the game is great. The technical side is pure data trash. It feels worse than closed beta again.

I'm wondering if it will take as long as for The Division, around a year, to fix the most broken stuff.

If UBI actually decides to do that. I mean, you patched out the online-player-counter in the social tab, to not be as embarrased for losing 50% of your playerbase after two weeks.

Sad.

Zemus-
03-02-2017, 05:58 PM
I'd like to say I will miss you, but alas I don't know you. That said, you came here to tell us you were done in an effort for someone to talk you into not "jumping off the bridge" and unfortunately, if you're not patient enough to actually see how the game progresses and you're not willing to stick it out, it probably is time for you to just move on to a different game.

Bye Felicia.
I hate these replies. I think his points are entirely valid. Any other AAA Publisher would have fixes the netcode causing lag and matchmaking issues in the first few days of release. Its been over 2 weeks. This is worse than even how Indie devs treat their MP games

RatedChaotic
03-02-2017, 06:06 PM
I hate these replies. I think his points are entirely valid. Any other AAA Publisher would have fixes the netcode causing lag and matchmaking issues in the first few days of release. Its been over 2 weeks. This is worse than even how Indie devs treat their MP games

Lately I havent seen any AAA publisher fix their issues in a timely manner. They usually fix their micro transaction stores first and game breaking bugs last. Most likely what Ubi is doing now...fixing the problem with their store first.

DVONvX
03-02-2017, 06:07 PM
psh...at least you get to play the game. I keep getting a connection failed message. I've been able to play the game about 3 times since release, and that's with trying to log in multiple times every day.

XORaptor0
03-02-2017, 06:46 PM
Everything you said is so true. I'm just about ready to quit and come back when everything is fixed - if it ever gets fixed.

Munktor
03-02-2017, 07:03 PM
Any other AAA Publisher would have fixes the netcode causing lag and matchmaking issues in the first few days of release. Its been over 2 weeks. This is worse than even how Indie devs treat their MP games

You must not game very much if you really think that.

It isn't something as simple as most people make it out to be either.

Plus, the game works SWIMMINGLY for many people. this implies that it isn't something 100% on their end, only partially. It's the current issue of the generation of gaming we're in with multi-platform development. You can't really optimize for all platforms, only certain. It's clear based on feedback from numerous sources and reviews that the game is performing best on PS4 right now. PS4 also has the highest userbase. This likely means optimization occurred primarily for the console market (specifically PS4). Throughout their alpha and beta tests they probably accumulated a LOT of data suggesting where the largest portion of their playerbase would come from.

Lots of "I.T. professionals" seem to spring up on this board to discuss the merits of p2p vs dedicated servers not even realizing that the genre and type of game (as it applies to inputs from players) is vastly different contextually. In simpler terms, there is a reason why fighting games in general are designed p2p. Simply put, they perform best in that netcode environment. Whereas other titles that utilize larger lobbies than a simple 1v1 often have a more consistent (if not higher ping) situation on dedicated servers. Ala most shooter titles are better on dedicated servers (despite it's actually higher ping/latency).

Where this falls apart for Ubisoft is this game is a mix of both for certain modes. They thought they had a brilliant idea with their re-defined p2p structure that would help address all networkwing performance issues. It clearly doesn't on PC, likely due to the varied configurations of players performing differently (dynamically) within said environment.

Long story short, the fix isn't simple and straight forward.

Put this game on dedicated servers and in simple 1v1 and 2v2 matches you WILL see higher input delay as your packets are being sent to a server and then relayed back to the users instead of user to user.

I don't know why i'm bothering to type all of this as i'm certain the reply will be something along the lines of "whatever bro stfu".

Munktor
03-02-2017, 07:05 PM

Sad.

Let me guess, PC player?

ZuuBee
03-02-2017, 07:12 PM
Iv been hyped up about this game for like almost a year... i find it really sad that they release a game but dont intend on fixing the big issues like seriously ubisoft, F,ucking get your asses to work and fix this sh,it. it just shows that all you care about is money.

Munktor
03-02-2017, 07:19 PM
it just shows that all you care about is money.

Really?

You know it's a business right?

Plus, they have this forum for you entitled brats to rage on. They also already gave out free packages for some of the network issues they've had. The game works perfectly on PS4 btw and the majority of issues seem to be on PC. Y'know, the most difficult platform to optimize for that has been dying for the last decade due to such as more and more developers focus on the industry driving consoles? lol

Anywho, they clearly try to incorporate user feedback while providing a place for people to voice their concerns. Every title i've ever played from them (which is MANY) has had issues that were ironed out over time. 2 weeks isn't a huge amount of time in the world of development.

People like to come onto forums and just ***** and moan. Grow up.

Mothsinger
03-02-2017, 07:26 PM
Let me guess, PC player?

Indeed, PC Player. And don't worry, I won't tell you to stfu, your points are valid and correct.
But as you said yourself, the "new" P2P sytem Ubi did, simply doesn't work as intended. There is a nice network analysis on YT, which shows that the base ping of this game is around 100ms. Take your own ping in addition and you have your latency, which might be around 150ms for average connections. Also, there must be always a session host, despite the latency is split up under all players.

And when you ask people how the 1v1 and 2v2 matches perform, most of them will confirm that it's fine. But having a connection split up under whooping 8 players + hundreds of minions sometimes...? No wonder it's not working, at least for these gamemodes there should be servers.

I also know that the game (and many other games really) perform better on consoles, especially the PS4. A lot of people argue now, "Well get a PS4 then!" This is not how this works. This should not be how it works.

FramboisMan
03-02-2017, 07:37 PM
Indeed, PC Player. And don't worry, I won't tell you to stfu, your points are valid and correct.
But as you said yourself, the "new" P2P sytem Ubi did, simply doesn't work as intended. There is a nice network analysis on YT, which shows that the base ping of this game is around 100ms. Take your own ping in addition and you have your latency, which might be around 150ms for average connections. Also, there must be always a session host, despite the latency is split up under all players.

And when you ask people how the 1v1 and 2v2 matches perform, most of them will confirm that it's fine. But having a connection split up under whooping 8 players + hundreds of minions sometimes...? No wonder it's not working, at least for these gamemodes there should be servers.

I also know that the game (and many other games really) perform better on consoles, especially the PS4. A lot of people argue now, "Well get a PS4 then!" This is not how this works. This should not be how it works.

If all the games I loved could be played on the same system, wouldn't that be something. Since Diablo2, besides mobas, I veer clear of PC online multiplayer's.

I thought you left 2 hours ago.

Munktor
03-02-2017, 07:45 PM

I hear ya, i'm not saying it SHOULD work that way. I'm illustrating how the developer is struggling to optimize for all platforms, but has in essence succeeded with one.

There is a chance that doing a drastic change to better optimize for PC actually impairs PS4. Now take the 30kish people on PC versus the 80kish people on PS4. You think it would be a good business move to quickly move to fix PC knowing it could impair PS4? Or should they take their time and look into solutions that work best for all 3 while not alienating MOER of their userbase.

Hell, what if it starts becoming very problematic on 2 of the 3 platforms? It'd be game over, literally.

Dedicated servers for the large modes would likely make sense, but I worry it'd increase input delay unless they utilize some kind of latency normalization like most games on dedicated servers do to keep varied ping players from having widely different experiences. Dedicated servers don't fix everything and in some cases open up new challenges for the network environment overall.

End of the day, i've been gaming for 20+ years on both PC and Console (table-top as well, if that matters) and as far as game companies go...well, they all have their little quirks. Ubisoft in my opinion ALWAYS has bad launches that smooth out over time. They usually revolve around network stability and multiplayer modes lol. Sucks, but it's the truth. Furthermore, every time they try and go multi-platform to expand potential revenue generation, but end up having the smoothest experience on the console.

So am I telling you, "Go buy a PS4" ?? No. But if you're following the trends and watching the patterns...well, you should if you're going to continue picking up multi-platform titles. Why? I can guarantee that most of them will not have PC as the focus, as PC currently holds the smallest market-share of the gaming industry (fact).

bzorkic81
03-02-2017, 07:54 PM
Really?

You know it's a business right?

Plus, they have this forum for you entitled brats to rage on. They also already gave out free packages for some of the network issues they've had. The game works perfectly on PS4 btw and the majority of issues seem to be on PC. Y'know, the most difficult platform to optimize for that has been dying for the last decade due to such as more and more developers focus on the industry driving consoles? lol

Anywho, they clearly try to incorporate user feedback while providing a place for people to voice their concerns. Every title i've ever played from them (which is MANY) has had issues that were ironed out over time. 2 weeks isn't a huge amount of time in the world of development.

People like to come onto forums and just ***** and moan. Grow up.

I just came I here to lol at your point that pc gaming is dying and hard to optimize. That's silly. And your whole argument is emotionally charged and comes off bratty.

I'm also a pc player but I've been having only the very occasional issue and enjoying the game so far. So it's not like I'm disagreeing with you because I'm on pc, only because you say very subjective things, that are likely wrong, but with such confidence. You should consider a life in politics.

FramboisMan
03-02-2017, 08:04 PM
I just came I here to lol at your point that pc gaming is dying and hard to optimize. That's silly. And your whole argument is emotionally charged and comes off bratty.

I'm also a pc player but I've been having only the very occasional issue and enjoying the game so far. So it's not like I'm disagreeing with you because I'm on pc, only because you say very subjective things, that are likely wrong, but with such confidence. You should consider a life in politics.

The salt is real.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/951/043/fee.jpg

Mothsinger
03-02-2017, 08:04 PM

No, he is very correct actually. Playing a PC game nowadays has become close to rolling a dice, especially with AAA titles.

Munktor
03-02-2017, 08:45 PM

It has been on a steady decline for some time now...this isn't emotion, it's objective fact at this point.

Ever wonder why PC playerbase was so much lower than both XB and PS for this title? Now look at all the multi-platform titles for the last 5 years. They all show the same trend.

You don't have to believe me, I honestly don't care. Can you provide a single example of a multi-platform release that had a higher PC population than console? Because I can show you numerous where the converse is true.

itsPlanB
03-02-2017, 08:50 PM
When you come into an arena to say you're leaving, regardless of your points, you've lost your audience. You're either part of the problem or part of the solution. If you're leaving you're not part of the solution.

Mothsinger
03-02-2017, 09:35 PM
When you come into an arena to say you're leaving, regardless of your points, you've lost your audience. You're either part of the problem or part of the solution. If you're leaving you're not part of the solution.

I have made plenty suggestions for solutions in this forum, don't worry. Problem is, Ubisoft only cares about one quarter of problems the game has. For example, I never seen a Ubisoft reply to the whole "Defense is king" argument that is going on. They don't reply to certain balancing issues, like that some classes can't change guard as fast as other classes attack. The changes made in the patch make only sense for the Valk, but did anyone ask for a Peacekeeper buff? I don't think so.

The frustration outweighs the waiting for solutions at some point.

Alamil
03-02-2017, 09:53 PM
Dude you know the fact on launch, we were 170k+ (at same time) player on pc? Probably the highest number between all platform and we lose so much player how canceled preorder in closed and open beta. Ubi delete player count on pc, there is a reason. At the moment, i think we are around 30k~ player and everyday someone left the boat (honestly i'll quit soon). Now, if you ask to me, yes them have to focus on console, becouse on pc the game have no future at this rate of player lose and not cause pc market isnt good. M2cent

JibletHunter
03-02-2017, 10:13 PM

Bye Felicia.

I actually think his complaint is valid. Every other day, there is a service interruption. All you did here is show that you are a bit of a fanboy and a massive jerk. Enjoy having no friends (except for UBISOFT).

Mance_Raider
03-02-2017, 10:18 PM
I am a PC gamer at heart and I do believe PC is superior but it is definitely inferior if you don't have a superior pc... I feel like a lot of people having problems probably don't have optimal hardware.

Arkhos1988
03-02-2017, 10:32 PM
Ok first, what progress, they just reverted the guardbreak to beta set up and added a few buffs, no real balancing and no reaql bugfixing, honestly show me that bridge so we can throw a few ubisoft-programmers off of it.

Bye Felicia.
AAA-game means most bugs are fixed the balancing is at least kind of ok, pls show me how this **** is nearly bugfree and balanced.
It's a full prizted game with a barely working multyplayer and a campaign that takes a lazy afternoon to finish.
If i think abou it, show me that bridge again so i can jump from it and be done with this **** myself.

Bob__Gnarly
03-02-2017, 11:53 PM

QFT.

The potential for a good game is there, unfortunately it's held back by Ubi's incompetence.

I am a PC gamer at heart and I do believe PC is superior but it is definitely inferior if you don't have a superior pc... I feel like a lot of people having problems probably don't have optimal hardware.

I have a beasty comp and great internet and I still suffer from a plethora of issues.

Munktor
03-03-2017, 12:21 AM
Ok first, what progress, they just reverted the guardbreak to beta set up and added a few buffs, no real balancing and no reaql bugfixing, honestly show me that bridge so we can throw a few ubisoft-programmers off of it.
AAA-game means most bugs are fixed the balancing is at least kind of ok, pls show me how this **** is nearly bugfree and balanced.
It's a full prizted game with a barely working multyplayer and a campaign that takes a lazy afternoon to finish.
If i think abou it, show me that bridge again so i can jump from it and be done with this **** myself.

AAA developer merely refers to the amount of budget and development team size. It has nothing to do with anything you mentioned.