PDA

View Full Version : Bleeds should NOT kill.

Tatsumaru.
03-02-2017, 04:06 PM
I like the bleed mechanic, it adds an interesting twist to the game. However, bleeds should NOT cause death. Bleeds should drop you to 1hp but the player should have to facilitate actually killing you. Applying DOTs then fleeing to a safe distance to watch you die doesn't really scream competitive game play.

i.e. I played a match with a Warlord, Conqueror, and two Nobushi's. The shields simply stun locked opponents while the Nobushi's maintained a sprint for the duration of the map and applied "drive-by" bleeds. I commend the coordination involved and this is an extreme example but to put it simply the Player should have to facilitate the killing blow, the bleeds should not cause death.

Mr_Mantastic
03-02-2017, 04:17 PM
Didn't the already facilitate killing you by, I don't know, managing to hit you a dozen times?

Alchemist-21-
03-02-2017, 04:17 PM
The bleed move WAS the killing blow. This isn't pokemon and the move isn't called False Swipe.

xan1112
03-02-2017, 04:44 PM
So, first I'll say that I find bleed a very frustrating thing at times. It somehow feels like a taunt, knowing that the HP is ticking away and there being nothing you can do to stop it. However, the thing you have to realise is that bleed damage is a NERF / weakness for the class that causes it.

Take peacekeeper as an example. If her bleed moves did straight damage instead of bleed, she'd be a LOT stronger because any time one of those moves did damage > your remaining HP, you'd be dead. As it is, you have a few seconds, sometimes more, to chase and possibly catch / kill her before you die. It's a small chance often agreed, but it is there.

Another way to think if it, compare to say league of legends. There are items / masteries there which deliberately modify a portion of incoming damage and make it apply over time instead of on hit! This is a good thing, giving you a chance to be healed or kill your enemy before you die. Now, I know healing etc. are not so prevelant in For Honor, but the principle is the same. AFter getting a fatal bleed stacked you have the oppertunity to:

* Run over a hp pickup
* Kill your enemy, or another enemy
* Keep your enemy engaged while an ally kills them
* Use a healing feat
* Fire a damageing feat to kill

etc.

Another another way to look at it, I could see them creating a new hero in For Honor who has a passive similar to the SHugoki which automatically converts some damage taken into bleed. That would be pretty strong in some situations? Imagine if you soaked up an unblockable heavy for like 1/2 your hp, usually an instant kill, and then had all that time to bleed out to act in?

Negrdamu5
03-02-2017, 05:14 PM
Bleeding can kill in real life. Why should this world be any different?

CarnivalLaw
03-02-2017, 05:30 PM
Agree 100%.

Kalitas007
03-02-2017, 10:31 PM
guys keep in mind that bleed almost only has inpact on modes without gearstats since with maxed debuff resistance ur immune to bleed!

Azrakel2
03-02-2017, 10:50 PM
ima spill my two cents on this regaurdless. First and formost ill address the the issue of bleed effects is nt so big in game modes such as dominion and death match. As pointed out above yah can go to the zone u control heal up. Or pick up a health boost. Bleed effects are mainly a problem within 1v1. However I will point out if u look at for example world of Warcraft. A rogues Hemorage does only 25% bleed damage over time. Within for honor bleed effects are completely unbalanced. This is an issue that ive made posts on since release day. The class that currently has the worst bleed effects is the Nobushi. However Peace Keeper bleed effects ive seen do quite the damage as well. What do bleed effects do exactly. Your looking at dots that can do up to from 25% damage over time to 100% damage over time.

Bleed effects should not be this punishing within the game. if anything bleed effects perhaps should do. small trace amounts of damage. this entails the player to actualy fight rather then apply bleed effects to the point your health bleeds out. It also brings the game to a Player skill vs player skill form of combat. The exact amount of damage it should is mb from 1/4th a bar of health to mb 1/6th a bar of health. this will stop the needless spam of Bleed effects. My secondary suggestion for bleed effects. they need to be made to a point where. if the effect has already been applied it can not be applied again unless the currenbt bleed effect has ended.

Mr_Mantastic
03-03-2017, 06:52 PM
Clearly I should repeat this, but those bleeds don't appear just magically. They're the damage you get because you were attacked and you didn't block, dodge, parry or anything. They're just slower. If anything they're a liability. I've been able to kill my opponents while being bled out plenty of times, making it possible to win in duels or brawls. Bleeding to death is no more unfair than being beaten to death because both depend on attacks getting through.

CarnivalLaw
03-03-2017, 06:58 PM
Agreed.

Too many cheap mechanics in this game.

Revenge should be removed, completely.

Mr_Gallows
03-03-2017, 08:04 PM
Yes I agree. Bleed should not be able to take you below one bar. Easy fix.

RenfieldX
03-03-2017, 08:24 PM
I hate to break it to you, but if they killed you with bleed then they would have killed you if they removed the bleed effect. You do realize that, if they removed bleed, they'd have to up the damage for their stikes to compensate, right?

It's no different than that raider killing you in 3 heavy hits. The only difference is that with the Nobushi you actually have a chance to save yourself before you die (rally back and execute for health regen, pop a heal if it's a mode with feats or power ups), which you don't with enemies that deal all the damage up front. You take the damage when you're hit, so block/parry/dodge. Many Nobushi are extremely predictable in their attack patterns, and their heavy attacks are among the easiest to parry in the game. Heavy attack/Hidden Stance into kick, into light poke, into Sidewinder stance (dodge left/right heavy).

XxHunterHxX
03-03-2017, 08:42 PM
Agreed.

Git Gud...feels bad man

AkenoKobayashi
03-04-2017, 12:18 AM
Agreed.

So people continue to be meat grinded by team attacks? Oh wait, I usually die right as my Revenge bar gets full as it is. Never mind.

But in all seriousness, Revenge should be a 4v4 only thing. Not in a 2v2 or 1v1. My Conqueror main buddy managed to survive a 3v1 using revenge and Heal on Block, killing two of the three twice before succumbing to his demise. However, a Revenged out Peacekeeper is ridiculous when they knock you down from the activation, and stab you twice to kill you.