PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about voice acting... because for honor has a few problems on this front

YOGZULA
03-02-2017, 11:22 AM
The native voice lines spoken during special moves are cool and flavorful, albeit very repetitive to the point where they lose a bit of their flavor. I would love some variation with the voice lines attached to moves.

The bigger problem IMO is the english voice acting that is triggered upon getting revived. It is horrible and completely breaks character. It baffles me they were even added. Feels like they were on some kind of 'to-do list' but proper, native voice actors couldn't be found so they just had some really generic sounding white people do a voice line for each character.

Axe them from the game entirely. I wouldn't even ask you to replace them. It would be cool if you did, but just get rid of these horrible english ones first. Sometimes less is more. This is one of those times.

Illyrian_King
03-02-2017, 11:48 AM
Oh yeah ... just funny to hear the Conq yelling "Überflieger" about 10 times in a minute ^^

MeArney
03-02-2017, 11:57 AM
Lawbringer is probably my favorite "Long-Arm" sounds like "Norsun perse", which in finnish translates to "an Elephants ***"

YOGZULA
03-03-2017, 12:57 AM
If the characters HAVE to speak in english for whatever reason, at least have the same voice actors do it. It's so polarizing when the voices sound nothing alike.

Warp_11
03-03-2017, 03:16 AM
Lawbringer is probably my favorite "Long-Arm" sounds like "Norsun perse", which in finnish translates to "an Elephants ***"

it kinda makes sense: when they finished it, the move was so bad that nobody could call it 'elephant's snout' but because character designer liked animals, they went with ****.