PDA

View Full Version : New Faction !!???!!???

Dukester321
03-02-2017, 08:45 AM
I know I know there's a million and one bugs and issues you guys would like to see addressed before they even started thinking about adding more stuff to the game.

But I personally think this game is awesome and its clearly going to keep going strong for a long time. And with a long future we can only assume a new faction will be added later on as DLC.

So lets brain storm!! I've done it with a few friends and I think what we mostly agreed on was the Romans, only because of variety. But what do you guys think?

Romans?
Spartans?
Goths?
Aztec/Inca/Mayan/Cherokee?
Celtics?
Persians?
Egyptians?
Zulu?

So many options!! What do you think? Just for the sake of imagining, don't come in here saying there's too many issues still bc we know that.

Sky-Sweeper
03-02-2017, 08:49 AM
If you listen to the observables in the campaign they hint at a Roman-like empire and a clan of ninja, and those are also the first 2 characters we see on the season pass image. So it's safe to say they EXIST... but I don't they they will be implemented as full new factions. The roman centurion will be absorbed in the Knights faction, as it's said the knights came from a long-forgotten Empire of Centurions. And Ninja well... Samurai. it just makes sense.

DemarMerka
03-02-2017, 08:51 AM
I know I know there's a million and one bugs and issues you guys would like to see addressed before they even started thinking about adding more stuff to the game.

But I personally think this game is awesome and its clearly going to keep going strong for a long time. And with a long future we can only assume a new faction will be added later on as DLC.

So lets brain storm!! I've done it with a few friends and I think what we mostly agreed on was the Romans, only because of variety. But what do you guys think?

Romans?
Spartans?
Goths?
Aztec/Inca/Mayan?
Celtics?
Persians?
Egyptians?

So many options!! What do you think? Just for the sake of imagining, don't come in here saying there many issues still bc we know that.

The only faction I think that needs to be implemented is a little faction of Keyboard Warriors by way of Silicon Valley. I here those dudes be killing it with their networking skills.

Dukester321
03-02-2017, 08:54 AM
The only faction I think that needs to be implemented is a little faction of Keyboard Warriors by way of Silicon Valley. I here those dudes be killing it with their networking skills.

umm.. ok.... get out.

If you listen to the observables in the campaign they hint at a Roman-like empire and a clan of ninja, and those are also the first 2 characters we see on the season pass image. So it's safe to say they EXIST... but I don't they they will be implemented as full new factions. The roman centurion will be absorbed in the Knights faction, as it's said the knights came from a long-forgotten Empire of Centurions. And Ninja well... Samurai. it just makes sense.

oh wow.. ok that's pretty cool.. so I guess we had the right idea. But come on there's totally room for a new faction in the future. Doesn't have to make sense neither. I mean Vikings vs Samurais.... they can easily add a Native American faction in there, they were purely melee combatants.

MagicElmo
03-02-2017, 08:57 AM
I would actually suggest new heroes that don't really fit any faction that well, to simply be grouped as mercenaries.
And not be assigned to a faction at all.

The Centurion/Gladiator for sure qualifies as a mercenary.
The Ninja can easily be added to the Samurai faction.

I think a system like that would allow Ubisoft for more unique heroes as long as they fit the theme well.

EDIT:
Sorry but I'm in the no camp for new faction.
Just too much work for Ubisoft at noch real gain for anyone.
Rather would like see them spend their time in improving the faction war mechanics.

As for Native American warrior, sure let's have one as a mercenary.
It's a good example why I suggested the mercenary grouping.
An Aztec Warrior that could be geared towards Jaguar or Eagle warrior depending on the gear would be another example.
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a bigger variety as long as they don't go crazy and start adding fantasy warriors like elves and stuff.

Sky-Sweeper
03-02-2017, 09:04 AM
umm.. ok.... get out.

oh wow.. ok that's pretty cool.. so I guess we had the right idea. But come on there's totally room for a new faction in the future. Doesn't have to make sense neither. I mean Vikings vs Samurais.... they can easily add a Native American faction in there, they were purely melee combatants.

Id rather they save new factions for a full on sequel rather than DLC. I mean it's Ubisoft... come on. There's gonna be a sequel.

PanzerShrekonin
03-02-2017, 09:05 AM
I'd actually be extremely excited for the Centurion.

Used to play this Ps2 game called Gladius... oh how I miss it...

Dukester321
03-02-2017, 09:11 AM
I would actually suggest new heroes that don't really fit any faction that well, to simply be grouped as mercenaries.
And not be assigned to a faction at all.

The Centurion/Gladiator for sure qualifies as a mercenary.
The Ninja can easily be added to the Samurai faction.

I think a system like that would allow Ubisoft for more unique heroes as long as they fit the theme well.

So a mercenary faction, that could be cool. It would have to be a faction though otherwise, how would they be added to the territory battle system.

Id rather they save new factions for a full on sequel rather than DLC. I mean it's Ubisoft... come on. There's gonna be a sequel.

Yea but come on.. they can add a new faction as DLC. For Honor 2 could have even more. There's literally hundreds of options. I named like 10 there myself. We don't have to settle for less man. The good FH developers can come up with a sweet new group to refresh things, so we're not too bored with the game in a few months.

I personally don't play with none of the Samurai group. They're great and sometimes ill dab with Orochi.. But I really don't find the Samurai armor appealing to level up and upgrade. So I think a new faction would be nice in a few months.

DrExtrem
03-02-2017, 09:19 AM
The roman empire like hint could also be a reference to the holy roman empire.

The statue hint said, that the iron legion is based on an empire, that had its roots in an ancient empire, that matched in legions. The holy roman empire would fit that description and wad already around, when the Vikings were active.

Basically Germans, Italians and Frenchmen.

MagicElmo
03-02-2017, 09:21 AM
They would simply fight as mercenaries for the faction you currently support.
I mean I can understand that each faction got their own warriors, but it really doesn't matter as you can play any hero no matter the faction you choose.
Like my Conqueror who actually is fighting for the Samurai. :-)

Karma_Ghost
03-02-2017, 09:24 AM
It would have to be a faction though otherwise, how would they be added to the territory battle system.

Seeing as how anyone can play anything for any faction in the faction war already, factionless warriors would have no impact on the faction war. Mercenaries without a faction wouldn't change anything other than having a separate salvage pool.

Also, logically, if they're mercenaries, it wouldn't even matter what faction they would work for anyway. Their loyalty would be to money.

DemarMerka
03-02-2017, 09:25 AM
umm.. ok.... get out.

Okie bye.

The_B0G_
03-02-2017, 09:28 AM
There are so many variations of gladiators that they could be their own faction.

I'd love to see Celts but I think they would be too similar to the vikings. You could have a Celtic gladiator though.

MagicElmo
03-02-2017, 09:29 AM
Exactly as KarmaGhost said.
Right now it wouldn't make any sense anyway.
And as I said, I'd rather see the improve the game first before simply adding a faction in a more or less meaningless faction war.
Maybe it will make sense once they overhaul the faction war and then I'm up for it.

DecMorgon
03-02-2017, 10:01 AM
There is so many options, apart from the typical western late empire romans..., that could fit in the time gap of vikings, samurai and medieval knights... (I know it's fantasy, but at least a little coherence)

byzantine soldiers
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/a4/ee/26/a4ee2633b4086a2b3d99ef8dca1522f4.jpg

Persian soldiers

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/bd/d1/92/bdd192b7427b9bc2ed4091909a5ba7a5.jpg

Vandal and Alan (and other barbarians)
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/6d/56/72/6d56727a7ecd980a1cc8717e339a594a.jpg

StarBricks
03-02-2017, 10:32 AM
A Persian and an Indian faction would be both a great add to the game. Both empire had beautiful and unique weapons and fancy looking armors. They are both very recognisable and exotic, a nice contrast imo to the current 3 factions.

Kawira1
03-02-2017, 12:23 PM
I think there are not many options to cover all classes but maybe if you release just 2 classess per faction (like R6 season pass) then maybe they can go for more exotic stuff,. As for full compliment of classes i think there can be Roman Empire, the Eastern one aka Byzantine, central/eastern Slav (althrough central were kinda similiar to Nords due to close trade relations), Arab Empire (eventually Ottoman one) and I think that's it.

But like I said, we can probably expect max 2 classes anyway

Dukester321
03-02-2017, 06:06 PM
I know improving and implanting game systems is priority and it should be. But in about 4-5 months, even if the game is at its sharpest and full of new battle modes and perhaps bigger battles (i.e. Addition of Servers) I think it would be refreshing to have a brand new faction. Mercenaries and new warriors are ok, but if they were to add a Persian/Egyptian or Native America type of warriors, it would be really sloppy to just brand them as Mercenaries and put them just anywhere. That's like writing a nice 4 page paper on something and then adding some more stuff by sticking poster stickers to it. Give the damn race/group their own faction. Again doesn't have to be now. DLC for the summer maybe =)

Sky-Sweeper
03-02-2017, 06:20 PM
The roman empire like hint could also be a reference to the holy roman empire.

The statue hint said, that the iron legion is based on an empire, that had its roots in an ancient empire, that matched in legions. The holy roman empire would fit that description and wad already around, when the Vikings were active.

Basically Germans, Italians and Frenchmen.

It's not gonna be Germans. There's a classical Roman Empire centurion on the season pass picture. He's got the helmet and a freaking Gladius. It's not debatable.

Dukester321
03-02-2017, 06:23 PM
Persian Immortal

http://www.kultofathena.com/images/49001P_l.jpg
http://wiki.plarium.com/images/3/39/Immortal.png

--------

Aztec Warrior

http://mrmoyer.pbworks.com/f/1207082703/aztec%20warrior%202.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e8/24/26/e82426d618ae65ef6646cd3741143220.jpg

------

Egyptian Warrior

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/84/d9/53/84d953896a30a8da7a12fa2244dd1301.jpg

AveImperator85
03-02-2017, 06:24 PM
Please no. This isn't Deadliest Warrior. Let's worry about balancing what we have before throwing all sorts of idiotic factions into the mix. This game already throws realism by the wayside, let's not make it worse by having cavemen and Aztecs fighting too.

XORaptor0
03-02-2017, 06:41 PM
I'm really hoping the game will have a long and healthy life, but at the moment it doesn't look so good. Now, that's not saying a whole lot, because many games are born with major problems, but eventually develop into amazing games - Dark Souls 2 for example. The thing is Ubisoft has to be willing to make good changes quickly, and keep strong communication with the players.

Ideally, once everything is fine tuned to near perfection, or at least playable we can worry about large additions to the game such as new factions.

I'm not opposed to the idea in of itself. I think adding more factions would actually be a good thing. As long as the factions fit the theme of the game, which shouldn't be too hard.
More than anything I'd like to see an Arabian knights with scimitars, lances (yes, Arabs used lances), hammers, and daggers.

Oktober.
03-02-2017, 06:45 PM
Spartan please

DrExtrem
03-02-2017, 06:49 PM
It's not gonna be Germans. There's a classical Roman Empire centurion on the season pass picture. He's got the helmet and a freaking Gladius. It's not debatable.

I analysed the ingame reference and not the picture.

ShadowTheTyrant
03-02-2017, 07:18 PM
https://warriorpublications.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/warrior-attack-colour-raw2.jpg

http://www.historymuseum.ca/cmc/exhibitions/aborig/tsimsian/images/warwa01b.jpg

These are a couple examples of Tsimshian warriors after the plagues. It's hard to know what it was like before hand since much was lost during that time. Much of what we know and assume about "First Nations" comes from a relatively unreliably source considering the people who came did so in order to take the land and give it away from free. They did not come to preserve the history or culture and its a miracle that anything has survived. We are finding out more and more about the people who were here and much of it isn't that shocking. It seems more difficult to believe that an entire continent had no great achievements over the course of 30'000 + years.

https://warriorpublications.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/knives-and-daggers-of-the-pacific-northwest-coast/

The problem around where the Tsimshian, Tlingit, and Haida live is that the ground is acidic and because of floods many older cities are either underwater or now lost in dense vegetation. Archaeologists who also come here aren't necessarily the greatest source of information. For example a few that I had the pleasure of working with did came from backgrounds that seemed to distort their ideas. For example; A place along an inlet where shell mitten had been built up and provided protection from high winds and kept the ground warm was an accident and this was somehow a major settlement. (It had 4 indents where houses could have been) in his mind this meant that 20-60 people lived in each house. (By the way the shell mitten that was built up was covered with ash to prevent the smell and make it sturdier, this was layered repeatedly.) anyway long story short I argued with these people that because of the placement this area was probably a lookout area and the village would have been deeper inwards. (Which is all covered by trees now because of the plagues killing off a majority of the people. Most of the tree's are fairly new (less than 500 years old) this is because the people in the area most likely clear cut them. The idea that first nations people were one with nature is the whole noble savage propaganda. This is likely because of the wilderness that had grown over most of the area after a majority of the people had been wiped out from again the plagues.

Keep in mind that when you are talking about "First Nations" you are grouping 500+ Nations and only talking about them in the context of after contact. Since we do not have a clear consensus of how advanced they were before the plagues and collapse of the civilizations and further destruction of a weakened people in order to promote colonialism. It's much like basing Carthage off of what the Romans tell us about them. Or asking for European/Asian Warriors.

suboptiml
03-02-2017, 07:23 PM
I will be surprised if they don't add some sort of Spartan. The temptation for players to get to be Leonidas and shout "This Is Sparta!" is too great, methinks.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they didn't just lump Romans and Greeks in together. Centurion with sword and shield for vanguard. Spartan with spear and shield for hybrid. Perhaps. Hell, they could toss Persians in there and have the Immortals as the assassin class. Then a big, club/axe-wielding gladiator for heavy.

Sky-Sweeper
03-02-2017, 07:25 PM
I analysed the ingame reference and not the picture.

And i analysed both. Evidence points to ancient Roman centurion.

suboptiml
03-02-2017, 07:34 PM
Please no. This isn't Deadliest Warrior. Let's worry about balancing what we have before throwing all sorts of idiotic factions into the mix. This game already throws realism by the wayside, let's not make it worse by having cavemen and Aztecs fighting too.

Wut?

FH pretty much is Deadliest Warrior made into a video game. The plot is so tacked-on ludicrous, surely you're not trying to preserve that?

Hogmin
03-02-2017, 07:51 PM
As I'm sure people have posted before me

I'd wager there won't be a new faction, it'd be too complex to add to the Faction War in a meaningful way

They'll likely be grouped under "Mercenaries" or "Heroes from a far away land" or whatever so faction restrictions need not apply.

FramboisMan
03-02-2017, 07:55 PM
Wut?

FH pretty much is Deadliest Warrior made into a video game. The plot is so tacked-on ludicrous, surely you're not trying to preserve that?

I think the plot is trying to illustrate that our ancestors may have fought for resources, but as what was natural has become spoiled over time, what are we fighting for? There will be those who aim to sew discord & rivalry among others to fuel their own agenda. And even when those black sheep are righted-out, the power of mob mentality still keeps people fighting fruitlessly. That is where it left off.

I also pulled 1984 from the setup; Eurasia, Eastasia & Oceania always at war.

DrExtrem
03-02-2017, 10:23 PM
And i analysed both. Evidence points to ancient Roman centurion.

Congratulations

The sad fact is, that the roman centurion was not around anymore when the Vikings and the holy roman empire were around.

Sadly, the centurion is an outdated gimmick. He will come and most likely be seriously op but he would still be a gimmicky hero.

Thel..
03-02-2017, 10:35 PM
I want a male version of the Valk. So Roman Spear infantry would be awesome. Or spartans obviously.

Dukester321
03-02-2017, 11:02 PM
I want a male version of the Valk. So Roman Spear infantry would be awesome. Or spartans obviously.

I second that! it would probably be my main if they had it..... but that my friend, would look a lot like a Spartan =D probably why they didn't do it. ;-)

Congratulations

The sad fact is, that the roman centurion was not around anymore when the Vikings and the holy roman empire were around.

Sadly, the centurion is an outdated gimmick. He will come and most likely be seriously op but he would still be a gimmicky hero.

Listen when you're playing a game that has Vikings fighting Samurais, you can pretty much stop paying attention to accuracy. Its a fun game that IS INDEED much like The Deadliest Warrior show (as someone said it isn't and also brought up the point that the game needs attention else where, even though I mentioned plenty times that the reason for this thread is to imagine the new factions and not to ***** about bugs. There's 2,000 other posts for that.). So yea when you have Scandinavians fighting Japanese, you can stop worrying about every details being accurate. Its a fighting game based on real warriors from world history, not their timeline.

@the dude talking about First Nations... get out. We don't need to go as far as cavemen jeez... but ok one Caveman Mercenary would be cool.

Ok so apparently the Roman Centurion is already on his way so... I think a Mediterranean faction would be nice i.e. Spartan/Persian/Egyptian warriors.

But Honestly I would LOVE to see a Native American faction.. They would be easy to incorporate into the story line too, they could put a tribe of Indians anywhere. And there's so much material they could work with. So many different type of warriors down from the Incas all the way up to the Cherokee. But yea idk.. we'll see. Maybe in FH2 Just like it happened with AOE ;-) (Age of Conquerors)

DrExtrem
03-02-2017, 11:12 PM
Its an alternate timeline not total nonsense.

The Vikings vanished at around 1200 iirc. The videos suggest, that the events, that altered the timeline, happened at around 1000. Samurai, Vikings and knights existed during that time. Then, a millennium of conflict kept the factions busy.

It is possible, that the gamed time is at around 2017. But one thing is clear - the romans were long gone when the earth went to hell.

Its an alternate timeline and not fantasy.

Dukester321
03-02-2017, 11:41 PM
Its an alternate timeline not total nonsense.

The Vikings vanished at around 1200 iirc. The videos suggest, that the events, that altered the timeline, happened at around 1000. Samurai, Vikings and knights existed during that time. Then, a millennium of conflict kept the factions busy.

It is possible, that the gamed time is at around 2017. But one thing is clear - the romans were long gone when the earth went to hell.

Its an alternate timeline and not fantasy.

ok so on that basis, Mayans and Aztecs were also around the same time period, just in a different continent, much like the FREAKING SAMURAIS. Fantasy is watching a Viking's axe parry a Samurai's katana.

DrExtrem
03-03-2017, 12:17 AM
ok so on that basis, Mayans and Aztecs were also around the same time period, just in a different continent, much like the FREAKING SAMURAIS. Fantasy is watching a Viking's axe parry a Samurai's katana.

Did I say anything against Aztecs or mayans?

ShadowTheTyrant
03-03-2017, 01:07 AM
I dont know if you're trying to be funny with the Caveman thing and then contradicting yourself. But just in case you don't understand First Nations and Native American's are interchangeable in Canada

darkwolfltd
03-17-2017, 07:12 PM
I played a card by the history channel called Anachronism that has a similar feel of this game. Also, the Deadliest Warrior show reminds me of it. The entire concept of seeing different warriors clash is intriguing to me. Even, if they may never have fought historically.

I like alll of the above mentions factions suggestions. I, myself, would like to see the Koa (Hawaiian Warrior) faction as a DLC. They may not use much armor, but their weapons and lua fighting style balance things out.

bramboforce
03-17-2017, 07:17 PM
I think that new faction would totally ruin that on every poster wallpaper etc. there are THREE heroes from THREE factions. I think they will add mercenary faction that wont affect faction war and just will be there for new heroes and nothing else. Just their excuse for adding absolutely diferent heroes from samurai, vikings and knights.

S8Canadian
03-17-2017, 07:22 PM

Romans?
Spartans?
Goths?
Aztec/Inca/Mayan/Cherokee?
Celtics?
Persians?
Egyptians?
Zulu?

So many options!! What do you think? Just for the sake of imagining, don't come in here saying there's too many issues still bc we know that.

fellow mentioned the ninja and cent. I am hoping the new stuff has some interesting feats that debuf people. if they dont' implement a stamina cost to sprint for example - I would like to see some debufs that drain stamina when you run away and perhaps other interesting ones. That would fit for ninja perhaps.

I would even like to see a few of the existing feats removed (revenge build one on all the assassins is a little too powerful I think with current revenge. I can't bring myself to use it)

Mr.Gazoonie
03-17-2017, 08:07 PM
Personally i think that the new "Faction" will be exactly what many have said. Mercenaries.

Easeist way to implement 6 new heroes. Roman and Ninja would definately fit into it, you could have just class called the Gladiator. What would be cool is if you could interchange thier weaponry. Sword+shield, 2 sword, 2handed maul etc. Your weapon drops could be random or you basically have untill your first prestige to choose your calling. I could see a Pirate or Swashbuckler class Cutlass and dagger or pistol-knife where you would unlock a pistol shot as a feat simlar to Valkyrie or orochi.

What would be intereating would be if they could add in a Monk. Hand to hand. Your weapon drops would be hand wraps or gloves etc. That would be interesting to see animated.

Honestly i would love to see new factions but im hoping this game kinda stays as is with new heros being mercs and if you wanted more factions, wait for FH2 and do it ALOT better now that you know what is and isnt working and put a programming base that would allow for up to 10 factions or whatever. Personally id love a more fantasy oriented theme, ie Dwarves, Elves, Humans, Orcs, Trolls, Goblins etc. Be awesome to actually play a game where i get to be a hardnosed dwarf warrior with battle axe and shield fightin one of them "prissy little elves jumpin an dancin about". I could really see a HUGE variety of heroes/toons being implemented.

Its a game after all. You want historically accurate, go take university history. Me, im all for entertainment. Hell add Monsters as a faction and include small dragons, young giants and creatures from the infinite layers of the abyss for all i care. If its fun ill enjoy it.

Like this game. When i DO get to play, i have fun mostly. I enjoy being beat cus i know i zigged when i should have zagged. I enjoy winning when i know i actually OUTPLAYED my opponent and didnt spam the ****** moves. This game is fun for me. Am i the best? No. Simply put. Have i played enough to be a decent challenge, i think so. I know when im outclassed and i know when im being zerged by someone who only knows 3 moves. I dueled a person a few nights ago probably 20 times in a row, i think i won maybe 5 rounds out of the whole thing.. maybe 6 but i had a HELL of a good time cus this guy was actually a good player who i was determined to out play. I did 5 or 6 times out of 20 but it was one of the best nights i had playing this game cus there wasnt any GB spamming or cliff tossing(on purpose). Just 2 hours of fun.

Anyways i went WAY off topic, so yeah. uhhh Mercenaries. Yes i agree.

PS The persons name was Merasmus_1000 i think on Xbox one. Just sayin if he reads this, props to you bud for an awesome time. If you know the guy, then lucky you as hes one of select group of people i think who really enjoy the game for what it is.