PDA

View Full Version : Game trolling or just a broken Berserker?

facus5
03-02-2017, 04:30 AM
Ok, ill start saying that im really used to be trolled by the games itself, but in the specific case of this thread i will say that GB counter for the Berzerk DOESN´T work or it is broken only on my PS4, no matter in wich moment i press "Square", it just never happens...(before, instantle after, or even when he touches me) guard break counter NEVER happens...ok i know there are super players that will come and say "i do it 70%-80% times i try". For some people seems that simply doesn´t work...come on is not my first game where you have to press something at the EXACT moment.

And the other thing is when you Guard break and push someone, ive seen this a few times already, pushing someone to an edge but he doesn´t fall, like there were no edge, and ive seen ´em still moveing backwards animation when on the edge already, but not falling (OF COURSE THIS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME)...on the totally opposite side, i see my character that stops moving backwards after a push back,..its like the character says "OH I HAD TO FALL" and then happens...so i dont know if these thing its just the game trolling me, or its happening to some of us.

Edit: Adding to the game trolling me list, for some unknown reason, my berserker suddenly does not block anymore...im recieving a combo, and suddenly i get full damage cause my berserk does not block? and the combo hits come all in the SAME direction..so im not missing direction defense

RaidoKnight
03-02-2017, 04:57 AM
I have exactly the same problem, but with every assassin or hybrid character. I'm 100% sure I block in the right direction, even refresh the blocks, but I still get the full damage sometimes.

OGL Spade
03-02-2017, 05:22 AM
Ok, ill start saying that im really used to be trolled by the games itself, but in the specific case of this thread i will say that GB counter for the Berzerk DOESN´T work or it is broken only on my PS4, no matter in wich moment i press "Square", it just never happens...(before, instantle after, or even when he touches me) guard break counter NEVER happens...ok i know there are super players that will come and say "i do it 70%-80% times i try". For some people seems that simply doesn´t work...come on is not my first game where you have to press something at the EXACT moment.

And the other thing is when you Guard break and push someone, ive seen this a few times already, pushing someone to an edge but he doesn´t fall, like there were no edge, and ive seen ´em still moveing backwards animation when on the edge already, but not falling (OF COURSE THIS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME)...on the totally opposite side, i see my character that stops moving backwards after a push back,..its like the character says "OH I HAD TO FALL" and then happens...so i dont know if these thing its just the game trolling me, or its happening to some of us.

Edit: Adding to the game trolling me list, for some unknown reason, my berserker suddenly does not block anymore...im recieving a combo, and suddenly i get full damage cause my berserk does not block? and the combo hits come all in the SAME direction..so im not missing direction defense

Since you play berserker and you should know this but when a zerker dodges the same direction your attacking he can get a GB, if they parry your attacks they get free GB, if you miss an attack they get free GB, if your GB misses they get a free GB. and for your edit about blocking, your stagered from the heavy hit, and before you can put your guard back up they already hit you again, this is a cheese for the warlord. best thing to do in that situation is try and dodge not block.

facus5
03-02-2017, 06:10 AM
Since you play berserker and you should know this but when a zerker dodges the same direction your attacking he can get a GB, if they parry your attacks they get free GB, if you miss an attack they get free GB, if your GB misses they get a free GB. and for your edit about blocking, your stagered from the heavy hit, and before you can put your guard back up they already hit you again, this is a cheese for the warlord. best thing to do in that situation is try and dodge not block.

i know this, but the simple counter GB should work, but for an unknown reason it doesnt...another thing, ive played some amtches where i did some side dodges and my dodges where stopped by GB? WTF should be the other way, side dodges should counter GB

Delectable_Sin
03-02-2017, 06:40 AM
I have the exact same problem on both Orochi and Zerker. Neither will GB at all, regardless of timing, or who I'm fighting.

Bracus_Maximus
03-02-2017, 07:24 AM
i know this, but the simple counter GB should work, but for an unknown reason it doesnt...another thing, ive played some amtches where i did some side dodges and my dodges where stopped by GB? WTF should be the other way, side dodges should counter GB

Side dodge never countered gb in this game. Also not the back dodge.
I noticed some really wierd blocking problems with my valk since the patch. Eat 2 heavies from the same side even if i blocked way before the first impact.

AegonTheConq
03-02-2017, 07:34 AM
I'm pretty sure you cannot counter Berserker's deflect guard break, and you definitely cannot sidestep a GB. You need to find the sweet spot for the timing man. There is more than enough time to react to it, and they've made it even easier in a way, so it just comes down to practice. You can still miss if you try to anticipate it too much and hit it too early or too late. Its pretty fair at the moment, and I would even say that its TOO easy to counter.

SethUnleashed
03-02-2017, 07:37 AM
Side dodge never countered gb in this game. Also not the back dodge.
I noticed some really wierd blocking problems with my valk since the patch. Eat 2 heavies from the same side even if i blocked way before the first impact.

i can confirm this... not only are valks dodges borderline useless as everything tracks her like crazy and getting a normal dodge timing is harder than on any other class, now her blocks dont work half the time either anymore.
also: her recovery after being hit is WAY too long as most of the time if you eat one hit, you will get hit again as your recovery hinders you to do anything.

JeenaSun
03-02-2017, 07:39 AM
I can confirm that smth isn't right with the blocking aspect of the game. I played berserker some games, and I saw guys blocking my hits but still receiving damage. I heard the sound, and I saw the animation but yet it hit them. Same thing on the warden. And I don't know what they did to the GB counter but it's not the same as in beta. When I practice it with bots it's working as in beta but in online it's working differently for some reason. I dont know how it works but it doesnt counter break it when the enemy tries to gb you.

Skarik-
03-02-2017, 07:46 AM
Its Not the bloody counter guard break button, its the ****ing Peer to Peer ******** that is ruining this, well and third World people with Garbage Internet.

Bracus_Maximus
03-02-2017, 07:46 AM
i can confirm this... not only are valks dodges borderline useless as everything tracks her like crazy and getting a normal dodge timing is harder than on any other class, now her blocks dont work half the time either anymore.
also: her recovery after being hit is WAY too long as most of the time if you eat one hit, you will get hit again as your recovery hinders you to do anything.

Yea the valk recovery time after getting hit... well after several duels with PKs i just gave up. If i got a light hit then game over. They can spam only lights on the valk and i cant react to anything because it seems the stagger time even from a light takes more than them to attack again. Maybe its just me but the whole game feels different after the patch.

Delectable_Sin
03-02-2017, 08:49 AM
Yea the valk recovery time after getting hit... well after several duels with PKs i just gave up. If i got a light hit then game over. They can spam only lights on the valk and i cant react to anything because it seems the stagger time even from a light takes more than them to attack again. Maybe its just me but the whole game feels different after the patch.

The thing I've noticed is insanely slow (basically unbearable) on the Valk is how long it takes her to actually dodge (in any direction) after I hit space bar. I time her s + space bar + GB the same way I time the Orochi's s+space+right click and it doesn't work. You have to hit the s+space on her, wait for the damn character to finally move backwards, then hit GB for it to actually work.

I honestly don't even think her damage values really needed changed so much as her insanely slow response time on absolutely everything. As it stands right now, she's very difficult to stop if she gets on a roll, but very easy to kill if you get off first. She almost plays like a 50/50 gamble.

facus5
03-03-2017, 04:06 AM
Still wondering about this:

Vordred
03-03-2017, 04:11 AM
there is currently a known bug with the berserker, that if your light attack is blocked and they GB you, you can not break it. it is fix in the upcoming patch (PC has it already) consoles will get it any day now

Felis_Menari
03-03-2017, 04:16 AM
My problem with the Berserker is while blocking a series of attacks, I can never parry any of them. I can parry the starter attack, but once the Berserker gets a chain going, it feels like I have no choice but to wait until they go for the top heavy (this is as a Lawbringer; I'm not sure if the slow stance change is the limiting factor here).