PDA

View Full Version : A simple but useful feature request

FritzFrotz
08-16-2004, 08:25 AM
I think it would be really nice to have an "advance to next mission" option in the single player campaign even when the player dies or is captured. Replaying a mission isn't any more realistic than just reviving the pilot for the next mission. However, replaying missions in a dynamic campaign just doesn't make sense.

The campaign engines could for example give you a new pilot when you die and the campaign itself could continue. Wars don't end (unfortunately) when one person dies. Please give the campaign engines the choice of determining what to do when the pilot dies.

As I doubt Oleg has much time to read this forum I ask for anyone with the proper contacts to get this suggestion through to him. I believe this idea is easy to implement and relatively useful.

FritzFrotz
08-16-2004, 08:25 AM
I think it would be really nice to have an "advance to next mission" option in the single player campaign even when the player dies or is captured. Replaying a mission isn't any more realistic than just reviving the pilot for the next mission. However, replaying missions in a dynamic campaign just doesn't make sense.

The campaign engines could for example give you a new pilot when you die and the campaign itself could continue. Wars don't end (unfortunately) when one person dies. Please give the campaign engines the choice of determining what to do when the pilot dies.

As I doubt Oleg has much time to read this forum I ask for anyone with the proper contacts to get this suggestion through to him. I believe this idea is easy to implement and relatively useful.

Steaky_361st
08-16-2004, 03:17 PM
I agree, this would be nice. I too find it boring and repetative when I get shot down or crash to have to do the mission over.

Steaky

FritzFrotz
08-18-2004, 05:11 AM
There's of course the fact that replaying missions in a truly dynamic campaign changes the results; your side is much more likely to win if you have to play every mission so many times that you at least survive.