PDA

View Full Version : Nobushi/Lawbringer/Raider vs Assassin Light Spam

Moondyne_MC
03-02-2017, 12:33 AM
So I main a Nobushi, and am having exceptional difficulty fighting Peacekeepers and Berserkers at the moment due to the sheer speed that their light attacks come out with, and for how long they can chain them together. I know the Nobushi, Lawbringer and Raider all have slower guard stance changes than other characters, but is it intended to be so slow that you literally cannot change guard fast enough to block Assassin light spam?

I have no troubles with Orochi, and I can deal with dodge spam easy enough with feints, but an aggressive PK can literally just walk up to me and slash me from full health to dead with very little effort simply due to the fact that their lights come out with a speed greater than my guard change.

I'm all for having speedy, assassin characters in the game, but not light attacks so fast that certain characters literally cannot defend against them.

I don't want to seem like I'm just straight up whinging about PK/Berserker, I'm just trying to get help in how to defend against these frustrating light attack chains. So, if anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong that'd be great. (:

Mothsinger
03-02-2017, 12:39 AM
There is no real solution to this. More classes than you mentioned have problems against PK's, thats why nobody likes them. It's as you say, all they have to do is chain their stuff in different directions and you're basicly done. Parrying a PK's light attacks seems impossible. They can cancel their zoneattack for more harrassing, spam it with revenge, doing 1/3 bar of health. The game is unbalanced, period. It will take some time until these things are ironed out.

Moondyne_MC
03-02-2017, 12:46 AM
There is no real solution to this. More classes than you mentioned have problems against PK's, thats why nobody likes them. It's as you say, all they have to do is chain their stuff in different directions and you're basicly done. Parrying a PK's light attacks seems impossible. They can cancel their zoneattack for more harrassing, spam it with revenge, doing 1/3 bar of health. The game is unbalanced, period. It will take some time until these things are ironed out.

Oh lovely. That's Elimination out for me then, as I always seem to get paired against PK's multiple rounds in a row. Bugger that.

Felis_Menari
03-02-2017, 01:16 AM
As a Lawbringer, it's definitely doable, dealing with an Orochi or Berserker. A Peacekeeper though...that light attack speed is simply too fast to effectively react to.

Zhantay
03-02-2017, 01:23 AM
I also main Nobushi and the only way I can beat Speedy characters and by speedy I mean they constantly side dash is by using swift recoil on their first or 2nd hit. It puts distance between me and them and they wont expect and will keep swinging giving you a window to put some dmg to them. Only issue is that you constantly have to watch your surrounding and most areas you wont be able to kite. But I learned that I have to play slow with them and make them attack first. It's impossible to parry Pk's lights and even if you did she will just dash back into your face with a heavy that swings like a light. Letting a PK spam lights in your face will just get you killed luckily the orochi doesn't also play like that but timing your blocks and press A after will keep you from getting killed instantly by assassins.

I honestly don't understand how PK and Berserker can continue to swinging aimlessly even though you block the first hit, it's just rewarding them for spamming in a fighter.

But yea hopefully it helps.

Roggicc
03-02-2017, 01:30 AM
I think PK should have some recovery time after 2 lights so the next 2 lights don't start immediately. That way they would either have to finish it with heavy or dodge

PilotRice
03-02-2017, 10:20 PM
I have trouble mostly with the Berserker. Typically, the Berserker will close into close range by various methods (there may be a longer drawn out fight before he closes, or it may be that he is jumping from behind, or whatever). Once in close range, he will swing and attack me on the left or right (lets say it was the right). I block that. Blocking it gives me a tiny recoil. I see the Beserker changed to attack my left, so I adjust to block that. I wasnt quick enough and the attack hits. Immediately, I switch to block to my right again, but nope.. He hit me there. This is in slow time. Now in real time, I stand there, half dazed by being hit and trying to switch my block to the opposite side, while the Berserker simply takes me from full to dead by alternating left and right attacks. During this flurry, I am unable to successfully dodge or roll out, despite deliberate and/or spammed attempts. Same with guard breaks, and blocks. My Orochi friend laughs at me in voice comm and asks "Why dont you just block that?" "I CANT!!!!" I say in reply. And its true, I simply cannot switch my guard fast enough, even when I know it is coming, to block it.

UBI needs to do one of two things...

1. Slightly increase the speed at which Nobushi (and any other hero with the same current speed) changes her guard just enough so that perfectly timed guard attempts can be successful.

- OR -

2. Remove/reduce the "Recoil Effect" that assassins (Beserker particularly) apply with their attacks (both blocked or successful impacts) so that perfectly timed guard attempts can be successful.

One of these needs to be implemented sooner than later NOT sooner or later.

Arkhos1988
03-02-2017, 10:28 PM
The atack speed is in my opinion the main problem, either give Classes with 2 weapons less dmg, a shorter range or reduce their atack speed.
And if someone says but in real life....... As far as i know there was never anyone who efektivly wielded 2 weapons on a battlefield.