PDA

View Full Version : Stuff like this is frustrating for new people

Tamarand
03-02-2017, 12:05 AM
I've only had the game a few days, but I've encountered this a lot.

http://plays.tv/s/LASHtU5KKzVL

I didn't realize it was -truly- a broken mechanic, I thought I just sucked a little more than I actually do.

Jetoslash
03-02-2017, 12:19 AM
Yea this is just a joke, hit, shield bash, hit, shield bash, .. i mean this game was supposed to be awesome... for his combat gameplay and actually, this is just about GB or stupid combo spam...

ghostirq
03-02-2017, 12:19 AM

I didn't realize it was -truly- a broken mechanic, I thought I just sucked a little more than I actually do.
I think it's fair in this situation. If they were at the same level as you or better you would've been killed. I've played against noobs like those and kicked their ***. They keep ganging on me, and I kept killing them. When I played decent players and they outnumbered me, I didn't even get a chance to swing. Three of them surrounded me in all directions and smacked the **** out of me.

Gray360UK
03-02-2017, 01:32 AM
The Nobushi in particular was dreadful in that clip. So much damage not done.
I'm with the guy above, with decent players he would have been toast, they let him take turns on them and made it way too easy for him.

Bob__Gnarly
03-02-2017, 01:33 AM
Na revenge is stupid currently. Any class with knockdowns like this can cheese their way to easy wins, no skill required whatsoever. I hope Ubi addresses revenge in 4v4 modes especially.

Exaffect
03-02-2017, 02:09 AM
Na revenge is stupid currently. Any class with knockdowns like this can cheese their way to easy wins, no skill required whatsoever. I hope Ubi addresses revenge in 4v4 modes especially.

Every class knocks you down in revenge mode.

His opponents were bad. He's gaining revenge from blocking 3 people that don't apparently understand how guarding multiple people works.

It doesn't always need to be a 4v1 because a conqueror will a) heal and gain revenge from blocks and b) be able to easily knock you down with bash and revenge benefit.

2 of those people should have held back while 1 broke his defenses and the other did damage but you dominion zergers are seagulls running around screaming, "mine, mine, mine, mine", and then you come to the forums and complain. Granted, revenge gear needs work but it fails to occur to most why revenge mode exists in the first place.

EQuinn-0x
03-02-2017, 02:10 AM
That person being 1v4d is what's unfair, not revenge mode. It's not the game's problem that people gang up on someone and then don't even know how to use guard break. If they did use guard break they would've killed him because blocking is what built his revenge meter up constantly

SerArthur-Dayne
03-02-2017, 02:14 AM
Either just wait the revenge mode out, or one of you keep spamming GB while the others just spam heavies. Done.

Tazimuss
03-02-2017, 02:19 AM
Typical person crying for some sort of nerf:" (insert thing that killed them) IS OP, IT NEEDS A NERF!"

In this case, its revenge. DO YOU KNOW HOW TO PRESS THE GUARD BREAK BUTTON?! Because that's literally all you needed to do to kill that guy.

Lionardudu
03-02-2017, 02:24 AM
The most stupid is the PK or Beserker that keep spamming zone attack in vengeance and do 4 bars of damage

Conq is easy counter ... GB or a push or just dodge away

TCTF_SWAT
03-02-2017, 02:47 AM
Ummmm all you had to do was just dodge the shield bash after they hit you with the heavy......come on people....

Lionardudu
03-02-2017, 02:50 AM
Ummmm all you had to do was just dodge the shield bash after they hit you with the heavy......come on people....

Pressing A or space is too much for them it seem

Grimmyke
03-02-2017, 02:54 AM
Yeah, you can quite literally dodge circles around a shieldbashing conquerer.

Also don't all go in as fast as possible to get the "easy gank kill", because everyone tends to go for massive volleys of heavy attacks which are easily defendable and give revenge in no time.
If you outnumber someone take it easy, someone has to keep the loners attention and focus on defending while the others have to disrupt or GB the loner BEFORE all capitalising on the disrupt or GB opportunity. Rince repeat and it will be a wonder if they survive past their first revenge if they even get one.

Bob__Gnarly
03-02-2017, 03:00 AM

I'm pretty sure that's not possible when the Conq has revenge up. So once they get that first knockdown, it's game over.

TCTF_SWAT
03-02-2017, 03:15 AM
Have you even tried? Because I don't think you have.

Skarik-
03-02-2017, 03:16 AM

You cry about that? While ***** no skill peacekeepers kills you in rapid 3 Hits during revenge or literrally instakill by a Raider?
Man people really dont have Brains These days

Allyrion8
03-02-2017, 03:29 AM
I'm pretty sure that's not possible when the Conq has revenge up. So once they get that first knockdown, it's game over.

Simply untrue. You can dodge the shield bash right after getting up if you know the timing.

This video just highlights how revenge punishes sloppy play. No guardbreaking, mostly players just spamming attacks without trying to coordinate or support. They are defeating themselves because the conqueror is getting exactly what he wants - attacks to block so he can be healed and from different enemies so he can get revenge quickly.

He's turning a situation that should be disadvantageous into one that favors him, but he can only do that because his enemies are helping him.

Wyked-Synn
03-02-2017, 03:33 AM
Srsly this doesnt show that revenge is broken, it shows you have a pro conq vs people who dont know how to play, if you had people of the same lvl in that fight that conq wouldnt have lasted 10 sec in a 1v4, not to say it cant happen but its highly unlikely. He knows how to block, what to counter, WHEN TO TRIGGER HIS REVENGE, notice the last one he popped he waited till the guy behind him swung so it would knock him down. Conq in my opinion overall are a bit broken, players who master them are almost completely unbeatable, but at the same time given that if the team had players who knew their unblockable's and knew not to fill his revenge so quickly it wouldve been a different story. Lastly the fact there was a nobushi and a lawbringer which are both excellent counters to conq's goes to prove this.

Bob__Gnarly
03-02-2017, 04:18 AM
Have you even tried? Because I don't think you have.

I haven't tested it extensively, that's why I said pretty sure. The last couple nights, I got done over by two different Conqs with revenge up and it felt like I couldn't escape the shield bash/heavy combo spam. I'd get knocked down, hit, get up, frantically try to dodge, but to no avail, rinse and repeat til dead.

Now that two people here have said it's dodgeable after the heavy in revenge, I'll have to test it out properly.

feuerundblut
03-02-2017, 04:34 AM
Welcome to broken revenge mode mechanic. But it's not the worst. When it pops after 10s in a 1 vs 1, now we are talking cheese.

I hate this mechanic cause it just helps players who play badly get the edge over skilled ones. If you are 5% health and your opponent is full, you shouldn't get any help potentially making you win. You should just die out of your own misery.

This is plainly stupid and makes For Honor being just another teddybear fighting game.