PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe edition: Sunbeam instead of smoke effect? Seriously?

Al3kin
03-01-2017, 10:50 PM
First time I pre-ordered a Ubisoft game. I paid the extra 11 dollars (totalling u$84 , courtesy of PSN for living in LATAM) for the smoke effect and the 3 unique helmet crests, and I have none of those available for use.
When I first logged into the game yesterday (that means they had almost two weeks to fix these issues that I had already read were happening from day 1...), two screens came up in sequence for a split second (even though I didn't press any buttons -- which is unconcievable, considering for all other pop up screens you have to long press a button for them to go away) before giving way to the game menu.
I only got to read the title in one of those screens which said something along the lines of "Congratulations! You've unlocked your deluxe content." And below seemed to be a list of the items included, which I couldn't read.
And like I said, when I went to customize my favorite warrior - the orochi -, no crests or smoke execution were available for selection.
I also participated in the closed and open betas and got no rewards to prove it.

While searching for an answer I read a big number of forum posts here and there of people complaining about the same thing. And just now, I found this
link:https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000026348/Deluxe-Edition-Breakdown-FH-PC-XB1-PS4

The sunbeam is NOT what was promised at the time I pre-ordered (few days before launch, Feb 11th), and it is barely visible as an effect.
I would have bought the standard edition were it not for the smoke effect and how much I enjoyed in-game executions during the beta tests.

First time I pre-ordered a Ubisoft game, and it will certainly be my last unless Ubisoft provides my account with the missing promised Deluxe content or some other form of serious compensation. :mad:

kanuzira
03-01-2017, 10:57 PM
I dont like the sunbeam either but hey, this is what you get

Al3kin
03-01-2017, 11:00 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5upsdz/update_on_the_smoke_execution_effect/

You have so lost a seriously dedicated fan, Ubisoft. You haven't even bothered to give reasons.
I hope you get lawsuits from people in the position of doing them.

SF_JHawk373
03-01-2017, 11:22 PM
Ok good, I'm not the only one. I was supposed to get the Smoke effect also but ended up with Sunbeam which I thought was a Gold Edition perk.

Ah well, I forget I even have it half the time.

Nahkavempele
03-01-2017, 11:37 PM
+ you can get the sunbeam for 50 points in uplay account for ps4. Good that i bought the standard edition..

ghostirq
03-02-2017, 12:04 AM
I paid $84 for the gold edition (that's including tax and shipping). As for the emote from what I read before it's some sort of mistake. It's the sunbeam that you get not the smoke.

SendRickPics
03-02-2017, 12:06 AM
Ok good, I'm not the only one. I was supposed to get the Smoke effect also but ended up with Sunbeam which I thought was a Gold Edition perk.

Ah well, I forget I even have it half the time.

http://i.imgur.com/nccQEEb.jpg

Seems like False Advertising to me. Though Ubi claims they "misprinted" to which I retort, in the literal MILLIONS OF COPIES?!

ghostirq
03-02-2017, 12:10 AM
http://i.imgur.com/nccQEEb.jpg

Seems like False Advertising to me. Though Ubi claims they "misprinted" to which I retort, in the literal MILLIONS OF COPIES?!
I'm pretty sure that they don't check every single detail for every copy they make.

SendRickPics
03-02-2017, 12:24 AM
I'm pretty sure that they don't check every single detail for every copy they make.

I don't think you understand how mass production and a printing press works.

There's always a guy for QA who checks X per Y number of copies.

It's not a misprint, they just forgot that when they decided to screw us all over at the last second, they already had printed MILLIONS of hard copies with this and had it advertised up until the last week or so of pre-sales.

Not even a few days prior to release day at my local Gamestop they were still selling these, and my hard copy ain't the only copy that's printed like this.

ghostirq
03-02-2017, 12:36 AM
It's not a misprint, they just forgot that when they decided to screw us all over at the last second, they already had printed MILLIONS of hard copies with this and had it advertised up until the last week or so of pre-sales.
No I don't know how mass production exactly works. I don't think that they are that dumb to publicly do this. To be fair I never heard from anyone on YT (people who were advertising/reviewing the game) mention that we will get the smoke. It was always the sunbeam. It was in their official trailers that I've seen, and in their online store.

SendRickPics
03-02-2017, 12:50 AM
No I don't know how mass production exactly works. I don't think that they are that dumb to publicly do this. To be fair I never heard from anyone on YT (people who were advertising/reviewing the game) mention that we will get the smoke. It was always the sunbeam. It was in their official trailers that I've seen, and in their online store.

Because dudes on YouTube are the most credible and reliable sources. (sarcasm)

The fact of the matter is you don't know how Mass Production works. They had a guy draw up a prototype game-case covering (which is what this was printed on). At the manufacturing facility, they mass produce games by writing them to CD's, they have printing facilities for printing out the covering (the paper that shows the game title and the synopsis / rewards on the back depending on the edition of the game.) Next they print them out, and they don't stop printing unless there's an issue like ink/toner etc.

They keep printing and they have a quality assurance guy who checks to make sure everything is kosher, for a conservative number we'll say that he picks one unit at random every thousand units to make sure that everything is printed correctly and everything looks good, and that the game functions correctly, etc.

So at some point, you'd have to figure that if this game was developed and shipped in the MILLIONS, and that MILLIONS OF COPIES all say THE EXACT SAME THING, and that Ubisoft says that it's a "misprint" then they are blowing smoke up your @$$!

Furthermore they claim that their "digital marketplace copies" were "correctly updated" and that "they may have missed some physical copies" in fact, I've got an entire transcript of how ******** that story is.

In conclusion, Ubisoft lied. Somebody up top probably got greedy at the last second, said "Why are we giving these guys two digital things for a $100 gold edition? Strip it down to one digital thing, and repackage the second thing as DLC that they'll have to pay for later."

It's a common tactic in the gaming industry. In fact it's not just false advertising, it's baiting and switching.

ghostirq
03-02-2017, 01:03 AM
Because dudes on YouTube are the most credible and reliable sources. (sarcasm)

The fact of the matter is you don't know how Mass Production works. They had a guy draw up a prototype game-case covering (which is what this was printed on). At the manufacturing facility, they mass produce games by writing them to CD's, they have printing facilities for printing out the covering (the paper that shows the game title and the synopsis / rewards on the back depending on the edition of the game.) Next they print them out, and they don't stop printing unless there's an issue like ink/toner etc.

They keep printing and they have a quality assurance guy who checks to make sure everything is kosher, for a conservative number we'll say that he picks one unit at random every thousand units to make sure that everything is printed correctly and everything looks good, and that the game functions correctly, etc.

So at some point, you'd have to figure that if this game was developed and shipped in the MILLIONS, and that MILLIONS OF COPIES all say THE EXACT SAME THING, and that Ubisoft says that it's a "misprint" then they are blowing smoke up your @$$!

Furthermore they claim that their "digital marketplace copies" were "correctly updated" and that "they may have missed some physical copies" in fact, I've got an entire transcript of how ******** that story is.

In conclusion, Ubisoft lied. Somebody up top probably got greedy at the last second, said "Why are we giving these guys two digital things for a $100 gold edition? Strip it down to one digital thing, and repackage the second thing as DLC that they'll have to pay for later."

It's a common tactic in the gaming industry. In fact it's not just false advertising, it's baiting and switching.
lol well in this case the dudes from YouTube are more credible and reliable than the game's case boxes. Could you send me a link for that transcript for that ******** story? It seems like it would be fun to read.

UbiNoty
03-02-2017, 01:12 AM
Hi all: Regarding this, our team is aware that retail packaging for the Deluxe and Gold Edition incorrectly states the inclusion of the Smoke Execution Effect.
Changes can sometimes occur during the launch process, which resulted in us adjusting the bundle to include a different execution effect the Sunbeam Execution Effect. Our digital packaging currently lists the correct information, but we unfortunately have missed some physical retail packages. Those looking for the Smoke Execution Effect can still unlock it through in-game progression. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

I'll be closing this thread now.