PDA

View Full Version : Raider immune to guardbreaks?

Midourin
03-01-2017, 08:46 PM
So I just fought a duel as Nobushi vs a Raider. That's when I noticed I was unable to get a free guardbreak off of a parry. It's not that he's too far away, he's just simply able to counter it. Is it supposed to be like this? Seems kinda unfair to not be able to punish a raider when all he does is spam his unblockable.

Potato_6
03-01-2017, 08:50 PM
and warden +1

HeavyEchoV1
03-01-2017, 09:10 PM
From what I am aware of only the Berserker has a uncouterable gb off of a parry in there kit. and it has alway been counterable but just incredibly difficult before Guard Break was reverted back to its beta state
Now as Nobushi, gotta get this off my chest.
Why are you going for a guard break after a parry with Nobushi in the first place. I mean if he/she has no stamina and you want to ground him sure but you could just follow it up with light and then a 50/50 from the kick or heavy attack.

Also you have other tools against the Raider's unblockable via a stance that when timed right is a dodge and your down light takes you a safe distance. You should learn what you can do as well as your opponent.

Midourin
03-01-2017, 09:39 PM
From what I am aware of only the Berserker has a uncouterable gb off of a parry in there kit. and it has alway been counterable but just incredibly difficult before Guard Break was reverted back to its beta state
Now as Nobushi, gotta get this off my chest.
Why are you going for a guard break after a parry with Nobushi in the first place. I mean if he/she has no stamina and you want to ground him sure but you could just follow it up with light and then a 50/50 from the kick or heavy attack.

Also you have other tools against the Raider's unblockable via a stance that when timed right is a dodge and your down light takes you a safe distance. You should learn what you can do as well as your opponent.

Im currently trying to learn her. Never really use hidden stance because I don't really know what it does. I've tried looking it up but couldn't really find much useful info. All I'm aware of is the fact that, as the name implies, it hides your stance. I know that it can make you dode attacks but I've never actually been successful with that. I'm just not aware of the risk to reward ratio.
And I'm aware that you can get a light attack off of a parry, but the damage is so minimum and they usually block the second attack.

HeavyEchoV1
03-01-2017, 11:34 PM
Im currently trying to learn her. Never really use hidden stance because I don't really know what it does. I've tried looking it up but couldn't really find much useful info. All I'm aware of is the fact that, as the name implies, it hides your stance. I know that it can make you dode attacks but I've never actually been successful with that. I'm just not aware of the risk to reward ratio.
And I'm aware that you can get a light attack off of a parry, but the damage is so minimum and they usually block the second attack.

Ok if you are learning a character the mindset of "what my opponent is doing isn't fair" isn't healthy as you just admit defeat. Just tough it out you learn more from getting your *** kicked anyway.

And yeah if they guess right they will block the second attach but you can hold guard break after a attack they will kick them back and make them open for another attack that can be repeated. So as a Nobushi you have more then one offense that the opponent needs to guess which one.