PDA

View Full Version : Please buff assassins.

Delectable_Sin
03-01-2017, 06:52 PM
The PK, Orochi, and Zerker really only do well against the noob crowd. Once you have a winning ratio, you get matched against nothing but Wardens, WL's, Shugokis, and Conquerors (even LB's) -- all classes that hard counter assassins when a good player pilots them. Really, all you have to do to beat an assassin is refrain from attacking, drain them of their stamina (gb's, charges, bullying tactics) then finish them after dumping them on their heads.

Sure, the average noob loses to assassins, but all they do is mindlessly spam attack buttons, which is perfect for an assassin.

I really don't want to have to play 1 of the big 4 classes to compete at the upper echelon of this game. Please buff assassins.

PackingMoney
03-01-2017, 07:06 PM
The PK, Orochi, and Zerker really only do well against the noob crowd. Once you have a winning ratio, you get matched against nothing but Wardens, WL's, Shugokis, and Conquerors (even LB's) -- all classes that hard counter assassins when a good player pilots them. Really, all you have to do to beat an assassin is refrain from attacking, drain them of their stamina (gb's, charges, bullying tactics) then finish them after dumping them on their heads.

Sure, the average noob loses to assassins, but all they do is mindlessly spam attack buttons, which is perfect for an assassin.

I really don't want to have to play 1 of the big 4 classes to compete at the upper echelon of this game. Please buff assassins.

The assassins can easily kill Shugoki and LB. Like you said when the top 4 characters are player by good people, they are hard counters to assassins, however this is pretty much the same regarding assassins countering the others. Every character is as good as a player, there are even some amazing raiders out there despite him being labelled as trash tier.

Exaffect
03-01-2017, 07:09 PM

You just need to l2p. Adapt, bro. Lol

o0 DaGnOmE 0o
03-01-2017, 07:15 PM
The higher level players I play with play extremely defensive assassin classes. They will sit back and keep their distance and focus on taking advantage of their opponents slower attack speed. Even if a Warden keeps up the pressure the fact that you can easily outspeed any of his attacks with your own should be nothing but an advantage for you.

Delectable_Sin
03-01-2017, 07:17 PM
You just need to l2p. Adapt, bro. Lol

Lol, I know you're just trying to sound like a PK player, but I have an 85% win rate on Zerker, 96% on LB, 78% on Orochi -- all on duel. Pretty close to that on elimination too. The funny thing is that I think I'm way better on Zerker and Orochi, I just know how to spam like a cheap a$$hole on the LB, and most people can't do anything about it.

The assassins can easily kill Shugoki and LB. Like you said when the top 4 characters are player by good people, they are hard counters to assassins, however this is pretty much the same regarding assassins countering the others. Every character is as good as a player, there are even some amazing raiders out there despite him being labelled as trash tier.

Everything you said is true, however, I'm speakign specifically on the 80% win rate or higher matchmaking. At that win rate, assassins are all but nonexistent. There are really just 4 classes that you see non stop.

I'm really not talking about how good classes are over all, but just at the higher win rates, where you see 4 classes and maybe one assassin out of 10 games, and you know you have a free win.

Delectable_Sin
03-01-2017, 07:20 PM
The higher level players I play with play extremely defensive assassin classes. They will sit back and keep their distance and focus on taking advantage of their opponents slower attack speed. Even if a Warden keeps up the pressure the fact that you can easily outspeed any of his attacks with your own should be nothing but an advantage for you.

Not true at all. For example, the Zerker is one of the overall slowest characters in the game (but has one fast movement, her light side attack), and the Warden's over head light attack is one of the fastest. The Warden also has a much faster block time and is able to switch stances faster than any of the assassins. Attack speed isn't the only type of speed to consider.

I saw what you're talking about early on in the match making. I was sitting at 100% win rate for the first 30 games or so on my mains, and that was where I saw what you're talking about. After the matchmaking adjusted to my win rate, I stopped seeing assassins, which caused me to fall from 100% to where I usually float at around 80-85% on my Zerker.

Honestly, I'd probably fall lower on my Orochi, but I don't play her much.

Exaffect
03-01-2017, 07:20 PM

Yea, and that's partially the problem. Attack, attack, attack.

You really shouldn't be dying to heavies as an assassin, maybe zerkers (buff zerkers), but you can simply react to your opponent. A feigning and well played orochi is great. A Pk that realizes she can dance around like a pretty princess the whole timeis formidable.

Zerkers totally need a buff but that's it. You're struggling with an assassin? Try a different class. You should be running circles around most with your speed alone.

Kawira1
03-01-2017, 07:25 PM

I'd rather have the nerfs on BIG 4. Better to have balanced game than every character broken in different way

Delectable_Sin
03-01-2017, 07:29 PM
Yea, and that's partially the problem. Attack, attack, attack.

You really shouldn't be dying to heavies as an assassin, maybe zerkers (buff zerkers), but you can simply react to your opponent. A feigning and well played orochi is great. A Pk that realizes she can dance around like a pretty princess the whole timeis formidable.

Zerkers totally need a buff but that's it. You're struggling with an assassin? Try a different class. You should be running circles around most with your speed alone.

But other classes are way faster at blocking, switching stances, and even faster at just moving around (other than the PK). You're also entirely missing the point that assassins require someone to attack for them to be good, but bully classes don't require that at all, since they can just drain you of your stamina and finish you off before it comes back. An assassin is completely and utterly helpless without stamina.

I seriously question your win rates if you say assassins shouldn't die to heavies, since it is easily common knowledge amongst the 80% + crew that assassins are crap against heavies. There are 4 classes that dominate the upper echelon.

It's also hilarious that you want to buff zerkers considering the fact that they're generally regarded as the best balanced assassin there is.

"You should be running circles around most with your speed alone." -- Are you talking about Dominion or something? Running doesn't win in Duel dude, you have to deal damage to win a Duel.

I'd rather have the nerfs on BIG 4. Better to have balanced game than every character broken in different way

That's a good point.

EffectedMink0
03-01-2017, 07:30 PM
"Drain them of their stamina"

*They proceed to dash across the entire map away from anything you could possibly throw at them*

:D

Delectable_Sin
03-01-2017, 07:33 PM
"Drain them of their stamina"

*They proceed to dash across the entire map away from anything you could possibly throw at them*

:D

EDIT: Balancing for Dominion is different than balancing for Duel.

Also, if you can't catch someone who is out of stamina, I don't know what to tell you...

NetcodeFavorite
03-01-2017, 07:56 PM
Are we playing the same game? Buff assassins? They are the last roles in this game that should ever get a buff. All they do is GB and doge and attack. They wait until you attack, dodge it, attack bk, then they just sit and wait.

If anything, dodge needs a tweak. It shouldn't be 100% guaranteed hit. Not even parry can do that all the time. It should be able to be blocked or parried at a good timing or something, so dodge has some counterplay. Atm you can't do anything about a dodge, except not attack first. Sure feint works, but that only works for heavies, atleast for a warden, or the shoulderbash, but a quick slap dmg you before you even feint and do something else or they just do a dodge to any sides or back.

Delectable_Sin
03-01-2017, 07:59 PM
Are we playing the same game? Buff assassins? They are the last roles in this game that should ever get a buff. All they do is GB and doge and attack. They wait until you attack, dodge it, attack bk, then they just sit and wait.

If anything, dodge needs a tweak. It shouldn't be 100% guaranteed hit. Not even parry can do that all the time. It should be able to be blocked or parried at a good timing or something, so dodge has some counterplay. Atm you can't do anything about a dodge, except not attack first. Sure feint works, but that only works for heavies, atleast for a warden, or the shoulderbash, but a quick slap dmg you before you even feint and do something else or they just do a dodge to any sides or back.

Lol, like I said before, I'm talking about a high win rate and Duel specifically. If you are playing Dominion and sitting at 50% win rate on Duel, you have no idea what I'm talking about. There are no assassins at the 80% win rate (or higher) matchmaking.

AveImperator85
03-01-2017, 08:01 PM
Calling for Assassin buffs in the face of the Assassin Meta.........

ok

Kharneth88
03-01-2017, 08:01 PM
Lol, like I said before, I'm talking about a high win rate and Duel specifically. If you are playing Dominion and sitting at 50% win rate on Duel, you have no idea what I'm talking about. There are no assassins at the 80% win rate (or higher) matchmaking.

Um.... yes there are. *points at self.* And I'm not even the best assassin out there.....:confused:

Ephemiel
03-01-2017, 08:07 PM
This truly is a Git Gud moment.

NetcodeFavorite
03-01-2017, 08:16 PM

Do you have even the slightest evidence off this? If you do, please provide and i'll accept it. But simply throwing out anecdotal evidence out of your own experience playing there, is not sufficient. Tho you kinda ignore my comment and throwed irrelevant info at it for no apparent reason.