PDA

View Full Version : Button Remapping

Knuckles_McGee
03-01-2017, 04:14 PM
Hi peeps. I searched but didn't see a post for this topic since launch. Does anyone know if button remapping will be supported at some point? I'm going to attempt to do it through the PS4 interface but would love to see native support for this. The game feels like a new version of an arcade brawler so button remapping makes since to me. Also, there are plenty of gamers with special needs that this could help. Would anyone else like to see it implemented? I can't really think of any reason not to add it.

Thanks!

tonycawley69
03-01-2017, 04:49 PM
I'd also like to see this. Guard break counter should not be on square as its literally impossible to cover that button while having my thumb on the right stick.

Noxxic86
03-01-2017, 04:54 PM
This has been brought up a few times already with several people in favor for in game button mapping. I haven't seen any develope feed back on it yet. Hoping soon though. I fully support the idea as I am terrible at GBC at the moment. :)

Fibrillous
03-01-2017, 05:16 PM
there is button remapping. you have to change your config files, but it can be done. i have done it but i moved to KnM for responsiveness sake.
just follow the instructions here and you can, too! https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5qe2p3/psa_legacy_gamepad_how_i_made_it_work/

emoKittenCZ
03-01-2017, 06:10 PM
there is button remapping. you have to change your config files, but it can be done. i have done it but i moved to KnM for responsiveness sake.
just follow the instructions here and you can, too! https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5qe2p3/psa_legacy_gamepad_how_i_made_it_work/

I am worried that at least the OP is not using PC version of the game as he is talking something about PS4 :)
I saw some threads about remapping buttons on console on its interface but since I dont have the console, I dont know the details.

Knuckles_McGee
03-01-2017, 08:00 PM
I am worried that at least the OP is not using PC version of the game as he is talking something about PS4 :)
I saw some threads about remapping buttons on console on its interface but since I dont have the console, I dont know the details.

Correct. I'm on PS4. There is a way to do it system wide on the PS4 but there is not a way to set up multiple configurations based on the different games you play. So it's all or nothing or you can set up one alternate configuration and only enable it while playing one or possibly more games that share a similar controller configuration.

emoKittenCZ
03-01-2017, 08:20 PM
Correct. I'm on PS4. There is a way to do it system wide on the PS4 but there is not a way to set up multiple configurations based on the different games you play. So it's all or nothing or you can set up one alternate configuration and only enable it while playing one or possibly more games that share a similar controller configuration.

Ah so it would be pretty annoying if you have to bind your gamepad for For Honor before playing For Honor and then remapping that before playing...idk Fifa or GT or something...
I know the same when I am setting my PC for racing or flying games before setup all stuff... :/
Is there something allowing you edit the game files? Or any application for PS allowing to do that... then you could search for the initial config file but if it is not possible I can just pray for you :D as I never had a console so idk what is possible there. Used a gaming PC always to play games...

salekr
03-01-2017, 08:32 PM
I play on PS4 and use L1 as square button.
I had a lot of problems with CGB but not anymore:)

JeeNiNe
03-01-2017, 11:27 PM
Unrelated to OP since hes on PS4 but for people wondering the same thing on xbox,
Go to dashboard / settings / kinect and devices / controller / button mapping
and I would suggest remapping ''X'' to ''LB''