PDA

View Full Version : Raider VS Warlord

iHunny
03-01-2017, 03:56 PM
So, the Raider picks up there target and runs with them but only in one direction. The Warlord uses his shield and can pick where to run the target. Erh? What? Whats the logic in that? The shield having some for of gravity field to it or something?

Fuzzybutts
03-01-2017, 04:06 PM
So, the Raider picks up there target and runs with them but only in one direction. The Warlord uses his shield and can pick where to run the target. Erh? What? Whats the logic in that? The shield having some for of gravity field to it or something?

More surface area pressed against an object makes it easier to move due to force being applied more evenly across said object instead of being spread throughout various points of an object. Judging by the warlords appearance their a 250lb+ swole af dude + the weight of their gear thats pressing a mass of wood and metal thats about the quarter of the size of your body into you along with all of their weight. So logically it does make some sort of sense that if this 250lb+ very well built individual covered in armor presses a heavy object against you while your in a state of disorientation he's going to be able to move you around like their plaything.

Not to mention in game mechanics wise the WL is a bit harder to control where your pushing people over raider. They don't have the same post-guard break options to 'turn' enemies that raider has. Basically wherever your back or flanks are facing is the only direction they can push you.

iHunny
03-01-2017, 04:12 PM
You telling me its easier to controll a object with a shield in your hand rather then a free one?

Fuzzybutts
03-01-2017, 04:19 PM
You telling me its easier to controll a object with a shield in your hand rather then a free one?

Not exactly, just try moving hay bales irl with your bare hands versus using tools and you will see. It's called physics. Also no, its easier to apply inertia when its distributed evenly.

iHunny
03-01-2017, 04:46 PM
Not exactly, just try moving hay bales irl with your bare hands versus using tools and you will see. It's called physics. Also no, its easier to apply inertia when its distributed evenly.

I do understand pushing somone witha shield would be easier, but the whole direction of the push while the Raider can not I have a hard time see, other then perhaps game balance.

xSkeletalx
03-01-2017, 05:12 PM
Doesn't the Raider have access to a move where he hooks them with his axe, spins in a circle, and releases the opponent in a direction controlled by the timing of the player releasing the button?

I don't play Raider, but I'm pretty sure I've seen Raiders do that.

iHunny
03-01-2017, 05:16 PM
Doesn't the Raider have access to a move where he hooks them with his axe, spins in a circle, and releases the opponent in a direction controlled by the timing of the player releasing the button?

I don't play Raider, but I'm pretty sure I've seen Raiders do that.

Yes, he can spin them around like everyone else can, but, he can not run with the target for a longer push like the Warlord for some reason can.

xSkeletalx
03-01-2017, 05:40 PM
I'm sure it's all a game balance thing. For example I believe the Raider's carry will travel forward a further distance than the Warlord's forward charge or push from guard break; I also think the Raider's charge from a run is better as well. If that's correct, Raider gets a better mono-directional throw/charge/push, but Warlord gets more options with theirs. As a Warlord player I've definitely envied the Raider's "pick up & drop off" push due to how far it travels, the ease of ledge kills with it, and the wall-splat and stun he can get. The Warlord's is more limited in all of those areas, for example he only gets a stun if the opponent is run into a wall while still on his shield.

As for the realism reasoning, I recommend avoiding that rabbit hole, as there are a lot of superhuman elements to the game in the name of visual flair and fun; I'm pretty sure the Peacekeeper and Nobushi wouldn't be able to physically push the Shugoki around at all, weapons don't spontaneously light on fire, and nobody would be surviving a single Heavy attack, for instance.