PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else yellow NAT user feeling shafted in 1v1?

Mothsinger
03-01-2017, 01:59 PM
So, I noticed something in 1v1 which isn't the case in other gamemodes, where you got more than two players.

Sometimes, and I mean often, it seems impossible for me to predict some of the enemies attacks in 1v1 duels. And even if I know that it's coming and I want to dodge, for example the Conq's shield bash, the game just doesn't let me. "Just parry light attacks." I literally can't, because they come out so fast. At least, thats how it feels.
I assume this comes down to lag and my enemy beeing green NAT, automaticly making them the main host of the session.

Of course UBI told us that their system doesn't give the host an unfair advantage. But I don't believe that bull.

nestharus
03-01-2017, 02:27 PM
For Honor uses P2P architecture. The nature of P2P is that everyone is the host. There is no single host. You are all hosting the game together.

You can check out a video on youtube that analyzes the net code of For Honor.

The host can't have an unfair advantage because, my friend, you have been the host in every match you've played. The people you've played against have also been the host ; ).

Mothsinger
03-01-2017, 04:37 PM
Wrong. Please watch this video on how the network in For Honor works. There is always a session host, that they have no advantage over the clients is bull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAU5bIalbnc&t=155s