PDA

View Full Version : Do We Really Need 2 Types of Duelling Modes?

Varicose_Veins
03-01-2017, 12:28 PM
Basically 2 vs 2 isn't 2 vs 2 at all.

For most players it's two lots of 1 vs 1 with a little rest in between. The etiquette is after you kill a guy wait for the other duel to finish.

Therefore, by having 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2, all we are doing is dividing the Duelling community.

Then, there's the issue of a good players' MMR in 2 vs 2 being dragged down if teamed with a lower player who loses easily. The one good player has to survive two fights and usually loses even though he might be the best player in the game.

None of this really makes sense. Neither do the maps for Duelling. And I think most Duel players don't want Revenge in Duelling.

The whole Duel/Brawl game paradigm needs a rethink.

(And of course we need Tournament tools for players, viewers and casters)

Duuklah
03-01-2017, 01:28 PM
I actually enjoy the 2v2 Brawl mode best of all. My preference is dueling, but I like the team work aspect of the brawl. Sometimes I carry. Maybe sometimes Im carried. There is nothing more epic than winning your duel and entering the next duel with 20% life and prevailing. Or repelling the shockingly honorless gank and killing both.

Right now the Brawl is my favorite mode as I cant stand dominion and 4v4 elimination is just chaos.

Please dont take my brawl away!

cragar212
03-01-2017, 01:32 PM
So basically you want to force people who prefer 2v2 to 1v1 because you prefer it?

Just no.

Thorfoss
03-01-2017, 01:33 PM
Should me and my friend then not be able to go into a dueling setup where the norm is to actually have a decent amount of honor and not the 4v4 cluster **** of elimination?

in 4v4 there is nearly no such thing as a long duel... if you're not agressive enough someone else will finish up their fight and usually come like a wave and **** things up..
the team with the most early kills tend to snowball the fight

in 1v1.. i cant join with my friend..

in 2v2 we can join in and have some fun and also have some decent duels :)

Zyldhur
03-01-2017, 01:48 PM
I play 2v2 without following the "Player made Honor Code".

I always warn my teammate and the enemy team during loading (sadly I have to do that).
Most of them reply ''OK" and we have the best game afterwards. Real fun. With environmental kills, lots of revenge triggering, small skirmish 1v1 with escapes when low life etc. Really, really fun. I encourage you to try it. The vast majority of opponents stay for many more 2v2s played like this.

I think the developers themselves need to step in and put an end to those player made rules, by for instance creating a new 2v2 where each duel starts in an enclosed area and once both areas have only one player remaining, the door separating them opens up to conclude the match in one final duel.

THIS IS CALLED ''BRAWL''.

The game was clearly made to use Environment (Cliffs, Fire, Water, Circular Jig-Saw, Wall-Stuns, Wall-Spikes), and Revenge for 1vX situations. It's immensely fun like this. Revenge has a very interesting design and most people simply dont know how to use it.
Some classes are even designed around Environmental Kills. You are supposed to throw people off cliffs, and push them in fires. Too bad they couldn't watch around them or CGB in time.

When i want to enjoy the fine details of swordplay (which are equally awesome) I play 1v1 an entire evening, I love it too.

But I aint following some player made rules that are flattening out a nice, diverse, rich gameplay.

Mathonn
03-01-2017, 01:49 PM
So not only do people want to push their own "rules of etiquette" on others, now they want to take away everybody else's option for playing differently?

No thanks.

Godsplitter1991
03-01-2017, 01:54 PM
Because I need an audience when I'm whooping everyone's ***