PDA

View Full Version : Guard break counter is not fixed...

Delectable_Sin
03-01-2017, 09:40 AM
I still can't counter GB's on the Orochi. I can do it with the Valk, but those are the only two characters I've played since the patch.

I tried countering insanely soon, soonish, medium, and fairly long after -- all to no avail.

What are your guys' experiences with GB countering since the patch? And what characters have you tried?

Bracus_Maximus
03-01-2017, 09:48 AM
I didnt have any problem with countering gb's before but i really dont see any change after the patch. When i push too early then i got gb'ed. When about the same time as my opponent then its rng. Never seen the thing when both characters attempted it and both ended up cgb'd like in the beta.

Flippin_Finch
03-01-2017, 09:55 AM
So did I learn CGB before patch and have no issues now. Cant see any diffrence neither.

Delectable_Sin
03-01-2017, 09:59 AM
I never had a problem with certain characters, but others just seemed completely incapable. I really think it was limited to specific classes.

Sabinox_
03-01-2017, 10:27 AM
I still can't counter GB's on the Orochi. I can do it with the Valk, but those are the only two characters I've played since the patch.

I tried countering insanely soon, soonish, medium, and fairly long after -- all to no avail.

What are your guys' experiences with GB countering since the patch? And what characters have you tried?

That's because you didn't understand the patch notes, mate.

They didn't change the "tech timing" on GB. You still have to wait for the opponent to actually touch you before teching, so the timing is still the same as at launch and I doubt they will ever change it, since in CB all you had to do was to spam GB to counter it.

What change is the weird behaviour GB had when both player were using it at the same time. What was happening before was that when both used GB at the same time, player one
would win the GB and player two just had to take the unfair punish without having the opportunity to react. Now, after the patch, if both players use GB at the same time, the loser can actually tech the GB by using it a second time with the right timing.

Liu_Bae
03-01-2017, 10:29 AM
I am finding it easier to counter GBs since the patch, so I think they must have widened the reaction window slightly. Beforehand I had to be more-or-less psyhcic in predicting it, now I can react when I see the symbol and it usually works. Not always - but usually. :)

Sabinox_
03-01-2017, 10:42 AM
I am finding it easier to counter GBs since the patch, so I think they must have widened the reaction window slightly. Beforehand I had to be more-or-less psyhcic in predicting it, now I can react when I see the symbol and it usually works. Not always - but usually. :)

You probably just got better at teching or you are just in a better mindset. Because they didn't changed the timing at all. :)

Zordrage
03-01-2017, 11:00 AM
You probably just got better at teching or you are just in a better mindset. Because they didn't changed the timing at all. :)

they did

its absolutely back to beta stage

if you counter GB the momment your enemy starts the GB then you will succesfully Cgb did it multiple times since patch you dont need to wait for it to touch you anymore.

the window is waaay wider now.

i even got some double Cgb when we both used GB at the same time and we both got pushed back XD

Sabinox_
03-01-2017, 11:02 AM
they did

if you counter GB the momment your enemy starts the GB then you will succesfully Cgb did it multiple times since patch you dont need to wait for it to touch you anymore.

i even got some double Cgb when we both used GB at the same time and we both got pushed back XD

OK... not gonna argue with that.

teksuo1
03-01-2017, 11:05 AM
it's not like i thought it was gonna be.

the window appears to be the same, everything is the same.
The difference is that if both players press gb at the same time, whoever loses the gb war can still counter gb (was impossible before).

Haven't noticed any other change regarding this tbh.

Zordrage
03-01-2017, 11:16 AM
it's not like i thought it was gonna be.

the window appears to be the same, everything is the same.
The difference is that if both players press gb at the same time, whoever loses the gb war can still counter gb (was impossible before).

Haven't noticed any other change regarding this tbh.

the window is not the same.

immortan_sine
03-01-2017, 11:25 AM
the GB had to be countered "at start", as stated in the practice by the game toolltip
not my opinion, not what i want...
just wat the game say

i.e. : the Gb had to be countered when the broken shield icon appear, like the red indicator for a correct parry timing (as stated by the game.. and how it was in closed beta)

but this is not how it work right now... u had still to wait for the "touch" to correcly counter a Gb

it's not a problem if the Gb indicator show at the right moment, or if they remove it

but till now is not working "as it was in the beta" (apart from double uncounterable gb)

Zordrage
03-01-2017, 11:31 AM
but this is not how it work right now... u had still to wait for the "touch" to correcly counter a Gb

False my experience says otherwise you can start your Cgb after the enemy starts and you will CGB

BUT something is a bit fishy because it does not work 100% of the times like this.

they screwed up the window a bit i think.

teksuo1
03-01-2017, 11:35 AM
False my experience says otherwise you can start your Cgb after the enemy starts and you will CGB

just tried it out on the advanced practice dummy and it does nothing if i press to early. still have to wait for that "connect".

it might be different in that tutorial though, idk

*oh, this is new though, i can just spam the X after pressing too early and it will counter gb eventually. pressing it early dosn;t remove the possibility to hit it right after.

so it feels like a spammable thing instead of something you have to skillfully time well.

immortan_sine
03-01-2017, 12:53 PM
they screwed up the window a bit i think.

yep... i think no one give a **** about countering it "on start" or "on touch"

simply give us the "correct" timing.. with the correct icon (like the parry) and gg

Zv1k0
03-01-2017, 01:53 PM
I find it easier after patch. You dont have to wait for them to touch you and even spamming gb button works...im sure i press it atleast twice when i do it...works every time...i dont really like it but if thats what community wants so be it.

AndrewHoUss
03-01-2017, 01:54 PM
In current patch you can just spam guard break button to get coutner guard break. Nor timing or icon needed anymore.

coico0
03-01-2017, 02:54 PM
I can't use CGB.
when I use it I have to push the button the exact time they do.
And the whole game is about throwing players of or on to tings, honestly it's not fun playing duel or maps where you can easily be thrown of.
They really need to fix this.
yeah yeah there is one of 30 that says it works, but thats probably cause they are host!!!
I hope they can fix this..................

Hackfraysn
03-01-2017, 03:39 PM

To be honest I can't see any difference between pre and post patch guardbreak/counterguardbreak. I sincerely doubt they changed anything at all.

Tried it on all classes except Cockroachi, Noobushi and Cheesekeeper.

TioKeir
03-01-2017, 03:49 PM
they did

Yep totally agree with you. The window is way wider now.