PDA

View Full Version : Faction War: Spotting a Pattern

Lord-Arion
03-01-2017, 09:05 AM
Looking at the faction war history it looks like the same picture after every war (minus open beta).

1st: Vikings
2nd: Knights
3rd: Samurai

3/4 of the faction war rounds have looked like this. Is this what can be expected long term? Should samurai even try to compete? Knights came close but they've required a hand from the samurai both times to drop. vikings low enough for them to slip into first. Knights got in open beta but not so much this time.

Are the vikings too dominant? If so how do we change this without punishing vikings for being successful?

The_B0G_
03-01-2017, 09:28 AM
More cowbell.

Lord-Arion
03-01-2017, 09:34 AM
More cowbell.

Not very helpful, but nothing wrong with more cowbell.

DovaahisPGM
03-01-2017, 10:09 AM
Listen to anime openings to get the power

Lord-Arion
03-01-2017, 10:44 AM
Im a knight so thats not my department. Looks like the lack of discussion would indicate that people have already given up because of the viking 75% winrate.

The_B0G_
03-01-2017, 10:47 AM
After seeing how little every round beside the last round matters, and what the rewards are (winning a round is the same as 1500 steel), I lost interest in the faction war, I hardly ever distribute my assets anymore. I had 600k worth of assets donated last round, I got two premium scavenger packs...

I'm just going to play the modes I want, when I want from now on, couldn't care less about the faction war.

Lord-Arion
03-01-2017, 11:20 AM
I hear you there. I had hoped faction war would mean something, but its nothing but a viking dominated affair with rewards the majority seem rather displeased with.

Id hoped faction war would amount to more than MKX did but I guess I was wrong. Faction war is doomed to be a rigged affair becaus the only people that will remain that care about the war are the vikings, because they will win them all.

With a 75% winrate they will have 3/5 rounds won and thus the season won pretty easily. Odds are in their favor, and it looks like nobody cares enough to want to see that changed.

So congrats vikings for choosing right, hope you enjoy all the rewards you get for season wins whatever they might be.

Sky-Sweeper
03-01-2017, 12:04 PM
I hear you there. I had hoped faction war would mean something, but its nothing but a viking dominated affair with rewards the majority seem rather displeased with.

Id hoped faction war would amount to more than MKX did but I guess I was wrong. Faction war is doomed to be a rigged affair becaus the only people that will remain that care about the war are the vikings, because they will win them all.

With a 75% winrate they will have 3/5 rounds won and thus the season won pretty easily. Odds are in their favor, and it looks like nobody cares enough to want to see that changed.

So congrats vikings for choosing right, hope you enjoy all the rewards you get for season wins whatever they might be.

Ornaments and emblem boarders.

Lord-Arion
03-01-2017, 12:34 PM
Ornaments and emblem boarders.
Then I hope vikings enjoy them. Given the last turn vikings probably would have won open beta and had a 100% win rate. That nothing has been done is a diservice to the game. This game isnt called For Valhalla, and yet it seems like the devs have no interest in having the war actually be a war and not just a vikings waiting two weeks to see their next win rewards. I tried to fight for balance but at this point it isnt worth even trying.

I hope all you vikings that cried foul over opeb beta and arent satisified with anything other than total viking domination are happy. The faction war is yours and likely shall always be yours.

Lord-Arion
03-01-2017, 12:53 PM
Its 4 points with darn near identical results. Its a trend which begets a pattern. Vikings win it, knights take second, and samurai sit in lowly 3rd. Its been that way since alpha with open beta only being different due to convienence of open betas end time.

ipm204
03-01-2017, 01:20 PM
With video game faction wars consisting of real players, changes have to come from mass efforts from the players themselves, not from dev interference.

Winners should be applauded and rewarded, not plotted against for their victories. Players are free to choose their allegiance in this cross platform Faction War, so nobody can actually expect something like that to be balanced.

Nerfing a winning faction or buffing a losing faction in an attempt to get players to change factions for balancing purposes would be a very bad move. The Faction Wars is just a mini game in For Honor, and the rewards ain't anything special. Keep the heroes classes the same regardless of the Faction War outcome.

Lord-Arion
03-01-2017, 01:32 PM
With video game faction wars consisting of real players, changes have to come from mass efforts from the players themselves, not from dev interference.

Winners should be applauded and rewarded, not plotted against for their victories. Players are free to choose their allegiance in this cross platform Faction War, so nobody can actually expect something like that to be balanced.

Nerfing a winning faction or buffing a losing faction in an attempt to get players to change factions for balancing purposes would be a very bad move. The Faction Wars is just a mini game in For Honor, and the rewards ain't anything special. Keep the heroes classes the same regardless of the Faction War outcome.

You do understand that cosmetics and such are given to the season winners right. How fair is it if nothing gets changed in the faction war and we end up with viking players having 4x as many customization options compared to the other factions? People care about customization and if they are locked out of tons of customization because the faction war the unlocks were tied to is so grossly imbalanced that only one faction will ever see any rewards (not counting open beta win by the knights)

If vikings are just going to win them all then all those cosmetics should just be unlocked for everyone and the faction war made moot rather than pissing off 2/3 of the community because vikings players cry foul if their victory is anything but assured and then when they win crap on everyone else and then down the road start showing off all their customization options knights and samurai dont have and then make fun of the other two faction playerbases because they chose wrong. Is that really the direction you want thr community to go?

Hackfraysn
03-01-2017, 03:38 PM
Looking at the faction war history it looks like the same picture after every war (minus open beta).

3/4 of the faction war rounds have looked like this. Is this what can be expected long term? Should samurai even try to compete? Knights came close but they've required a hand from the samurai both times to drop. vikings low enough for them to slip into first. Knights got in open beta but not so much this time.

Are the vikings too dominant? If so how do we change this without punishing vikings for being successful?

Ready your tinfoil helmets, warriors! We just confirmed the existence of the Beardluminati.

EffectedMink0
03-01-2017, 04:16 PM
They really can't change much here from a balancing standpoint. More people wanted to choose Vikings, so they chose Vikings. You can hardly do something along the lines of making Viking war assets count for less or freezing their advance or something...

TripSin.
03-01-2017, 04:21 PM
If everyone just hops on the Vikings bandwagon, then everyone wins.

Lord-Arion
03-01-2017, 04:51 PM
If everyone just hops on the Vikings bandwagon, then everyone wins.

Lets just toss out the entire thematic of the game for the sake of rewards thats a great plan.

Seriously this line of thought needs to stop.

Pope138
03-01-2017, 04:58 PM
Three data points now make a pattern? My statistics prof would cry.

Would he cry harder than OP over being on the losing side of something?

This thread brought to you by KleenexTM.

Alchemist-21-
03-01-2017, 04:59 PM
There were several times when the Samurai came back and were top faction on the map. A lot of people have noticed which faction was on top was heavily dependent on time zones (but the poor knights only seemed to catch a break with help from another faction).

It's true that only the last turn matters as things are now, so there are two options that could improve the war:

1) keep a runny tally of where each faction stood at the end of each turn and rank them according to who was on top for the most turns

2)make the turns 24 hours long instead of 6, giving everyone across the world time to help their faction on the final turn

Pope138
03-01-2017, 05:03 PM
Lets just toss out the entire thematic of the game for the sake of rewards thats a great plan.

Seriously this line of thought needs to stop.

But you're ok with making the winning teams victories count for less so your losing team can win? Pfft. What a joke.
More players chose vikings which means more assets for the vikings. It's that simple.

Can we just give this snowflake a participation trophy so he'll leave us warriors alone?

Lord-Arion
03-01-2017, 05:07 PM
Would he cry harder than OP over being on the losing side of something?

This thread brought to you by KleenexTM.

You know its a good thing people like you arent game designers. Crapping on people who care about balance in games must be how you get your jollies.

Im not crying because knights lost. Im am concerned with how constant viking domination is going to hurt this great game. Guess you would rather the game die because 2/3 of the community gets pissed off because only vikings seem able to win and then leave because they have no desire bandwagon or waste their time on a futile effort.

Valtaya
03-01-2017, 05:08 PM
They really can't change much here from a balancing standpoint. More people wanted to choose Vikings, so they chose Vikings. You can hardly do something along the lines of making Viking war assets count for less or freezing their advance or something...

Why? It is very easy to balance out. THe factions play with each other against each other and all we got in the end are some numbers, they are easy to balance out based on the players who were actualy realy playing and finishing matches, instead of just being a member of a faction but be offline. What we got is some mythic autobalancer noone knows about. I wish Ubisoft would alreay say something about this to end this conversation based on rumors and assumptions, so we can start one that is actualy based on facts.

Lord-Arion
03-01-2017, 05:21 PM
Why? It is very easy to balance out. THe factions play with each other against each other and all we got in the end are some numbers, they are easy to balance out based on the players who were actualy realy playing and finishing matches, instead of just being a member of a faction but be offline. What we got is some mythic autobalancer noone knows about. I wish Ubisoft would alreay say something about this to end this conversation based on rumors and assumptions, so we can start one that is actualy based on facts.

That would be nice but I think the vikings already got to them in one of their raids. Its a viking controlled world in For Honor, even if the narrative says otherwise.

Pope138
03-01-2017, 05:25 PM
You know its a good thing people like you arent game designers. Crapping on people who care about balance in games must be how you get your jollies.

Im not crying because knights lost. Im am concerned with how constant viking domination is going to hurt this great game. Guess you would rather the game die because 2/3 of the community gets pissed off because only vikings seem able to win and then leave because they have no desire bandwagon or waste their time on a futile effort.

First of all, FW is a very small part of the game. To get your panties this twisted over it is silly. Anyone who leaves the game because they lose FW has much more serious problems than losing FW.
The reason why vikings are winning is because more people are currently playing them. Of the losing factions, only a small percentage are frail enough to quit playing to spare their feelings.

This isn't a dev issue, it's a player issue. The whole point of faction war is whichever faction deploys the most assets wins. Which is exactly what is happening. Everything is working as intended.

Prophit618
03-01-2017, 05:41 PM
But there is a Dev issue here too. The Faction War is broken not because the Vikings are dominating (population is population, and the numbers showed that Vikings put in more playtime than any other group), but it is broken.
The way it is set up now, we have 13 days of uselessness, followed by 1 fraction of a day that matters. This doesn't encourage people to care about the system. It actively discourages caring about it, as all the assets you deploy end up not counting for jack when the Vikings come in heavy in that last segment and take the whole thing.
To me Faction War should be handled more like dominion. You get escalating points for holding territories across multiple segments. Every time an update is made to the FW front, points are gathered for each territory your faction is holding. Each territory that was held during a previous update gets a streak bonus. At the end of the round, points are tallied to determine the victor. This makes the entire round matter, not just the end, and encourages strategic placement during the asset deployment, as some territories would inherently become bigger battlegrounds than others, based on wanting to break or gain streaks.
As it is, the FW is so minimal that there's no motivation for people to care, so why not just give up and join the vikings, where you can not care and still win based on one 7-hour period (or however long it is between updates).

itsPlanB
03-01-2017, 05:43 PM
Not a big conspiracy fan, but when I logged into the game yesterday afternoon, the entire season had been played out and all 5 rounds showed the Vikings winning them. Yes, it could be something related to the vikings image being listed first and the game just loading slowly. But ......

Pope138
03-01-2017, 06:21 PM
But there is a Dev issue here too. The Faction War is broken not because the Vikings are dominating (population is population, and the numbers showed that Vikings put in more playtime than any other group), but it is broken.
The way it is set up now, we have 13 days of uselessness, followed by 1 fraction of a day that matters. This doesn't encourage people to care about the system. It actively discourages caring about it, as all the assets you deploy end up not counting for jack when the Vikings come in heavy in that last segment and take the whole thing.
To me Faction War should be handled more like dominion. You get escalating points for holding territories across multiple segments. Every time an update is made to the FW front, points are gathered for each territory your faction is holding. Each territory that was held during a previous update gets a streak bonus. At the end of the round, points are tallied to determine the victor. This makes the entire round matter, not just the end, and encourages strategic placement during the asset deployment, as some territories would inherently become bigger battlegrounds than others, based on wanting to break or gain streaks.
As it is, the FW is so minimal that there's no motivation for people to care, so why not just give up and join the vikings, where you can not care and still win based on one 7-hour period (or however long it is between updates).

I agree, it would be nice if more than the final hours of FW mattered, but that's not what OP is on about and isn't the reason why vikings are winning. Sam's and knights could've rallied at the end just like Vikings, and they probably would've if more people chose their factions than the vikings.

FramboisMan
03-01-2017, 06:57 PM
I agree, it would be nice if more than the final hours of FW mattered, but that's not what OP is on about and isn't the reason why vikings are winning. Sam's and knights could've rallied at the end just like Vikings, and they probably would've if more people chose their factions than the vikings.

They could have, if they weren't robbed of a window of high activity. Relevant point to video is at 45 seconds.

https://youtu.be/NUqYs3hBh7o?t=40s

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1594028-Shouldn-t-the-Round-End-at-6AM-EST

I noticed a pattern too. The round should have ended at 3am PST on 2/28 instead of 6pm PST on 2/27. The Samurai work at night and just before they were about to be highly active again, the round ended. Ubisoft states rounds are 6 hours long, but if that was the case 57 turns would have taken 243 hours; instead the round lasted 333 hours but it was still 57 turns. Accurate information is not being provided & I believe it is due to them managing when rounds will end based off high player activity for a given faction. That makes the faction war as real as the WWF.

Angry Ari 1
03-01-2017, 07:12 PM
Here's a pattern I've noticed about your threads. When Knights are in second, you complain that Vikings are an OP faction and devs need to help Samurai and Knights; when Knights are in third, however, you start ranting that Samurai and Vikings are plotting against and assaulting the Knights because of our Open Beta win, and the devs need to help us keep a playerbase by boosting our performance or something. Here's the thing though; the Samurai themselves have proven that the war isn't as imbalanced as many of us would like to think. I too thought Vikings were benefiting from a hole in the balancing of the game. Then Samurai jumped in, gave the Vikings a bloody nose and knocked on our door a few times; they did this and held for SIX TURNS/THREE DAYS. Info on this is in the Faction War section of the Player Activities page, though you probably already knew that. Yet, it seems that you always glaze over that detail when you start talking about "balancing". Is it a little annoying that Vikings are just about always on top? Of course it is. Are they benefiting from a hole in the balancing? In all honesty, probably not, or at least not by a whole lot. The fact of the matter is, the Vikings just happen to be the heavy weight team in this war, while the Samurai have sh!ty timing for their pushes and Knights are just an average-below average performing team overall. If Knights would stop coming to the forums to cry for help from the devs, and really put some effort into at least HOLDING our 20 some territories for until the last round (the round that matters), then maybe we would be the OP faction that the Vikings and Samurai would cry about. A Faction's placing in the Faction War is based primarily on the playerbase's performance in that Faction, so if the playerbase does poorly, the Faction as a whole does poorly.

fariic
03-01-2017, 07:37 PM
All the people telling the OP he's crying, you guys are great; keep up the good work.

Because the devs are aware of the problem with population imbalance, and they're considering how to address problems it's creating with the faction war.

You guys are the problem. You care more about winning than balance; so you dogpiled into one faction trying to guarantee you'll get wins. Even though you're full of low skilled players, you win by virtue of just being full of no skill players.

I can say you're no skill players because every match has to send me to "all skill levels" and what do I get, a match full of nothing but Vikings. I don't need a Kleenex, I need a dump truck to haul the loads of salt you people give me after I dominate you in every match. My **** talk is backed up by stats, all the talk I've seen in here is backed up by nothing but an over-abundance of bad.

PS: I play samurai, I dropped a million assets, and all I got was a single crate. Most of you people put in no effort and still complain about getting a reward.

ghostirq
03-01-2017, 07:51 PM
Honestly I lost all motivations to care about the faction war. They might as well just give the win to the Vikings.

Valtaya
03-01-2017, 10:04 PM

Why do people keep saying that moronic ****? Lets say the Vikings push the Knights and Samurai all the way down to their castles, and in the last turn Knights and Samurai rally and push Vikings back, do oyu know what actualy happens???? ONE damn row of terrotories the Vikings will lose, that would be 6 (SIX) terrotories. And you (Knights and Samurai) will NEVER accumulate as many war assets with playing straight for 6 hours then to play 1 hour each day for 14 days. Do you think the number of territories won/lost in the last turn actualy decided about the placing????

Pope138
03-01-2017, 10:11 PM
All the people telling the OP he's crying, you guys are great; keep up the good work.

Because the devs are aware of the problem with population imbalance, and they're considering how to address problems it's creating with the faction war.

You guys are the problem. You care more about winning than balance; so you dogpiled into one faction trying to guarantee you'll get wins. Even though you're full of low skilled players, you win by virtue of just being full of no skill players.

I can say you're no skill players because every match has to send me to "all skill levels" and what do I get, a match full of nothing but Vikings. I don't need a Kleenex, I need a dump truck to haul the loads of salt you people give me after I dominate you in every match. My **** talk is backed up by stats, all the talk I've seen in here is backed up by nothing but an over-abundance of bad.

PS: I play samurai, I dropped a million assets, and all I got was a single crate. Most of you people put in no effort and still complain about getting a reward.

Dump truck of salt indeed!
I can't wait for Vikings to lose just so I can show you what grace and dignity look like. >P

Valtaya
03-01-2017, 10:21 PM
They could have, if they weren't robbed of a window of high activity. Relevant point to video is at 45 seconds.

[...]

I noticed a pattern too. The round should have ended at 3am PST on 2/28 instead of 6pm PST on 2/27. The Samurai work at night and just before they were about to be highly active again, the round ended. Ubisoft states rounds are 6 hours long, but if that was the case 57 turns would have taken 243 hours; instead the round lasted 333 hours but it was still 57 turns. Accurate information is not being provided & I believe it is due to them managing when rounds will end based off high player activity for a given faction. That makes the faction war as real as the WWF.

Video says nothing. It describes what happens during territory updates, round and seasons and thats it.

Here's a pattern I've noticed about your threads. When Knights are in second, you complain that Vikings are an OP faction and devs need to help Samurai and Knights; when Knights are in third, however, you start ranting that Samurai and Vikings are plotting against and assaulting the Knights because of our Open Beta win, and the devs need to help us keep a playerbase by boosting our performance or something. Here's the thing though; the Samurai themselves have proven that the war isn't as imbalanced as many of us would like to think. I too thought Vikings were benefiting from a hole in the balancing of the game. Then Samurai jumped in, gave the Vikings a bloody nose and knocked on our door a few times; they did this and held for SIX TURNS/THREE DAYS. Info on this is in the Faction War section of the Player Activities page, though you probably already knew that. Yet, it seems that you always glaze over that detail when you start talking about "balancing". Is it a little annoying that Vikings are just about always on top? Of course it is. Are they benefiting from a hole in the balancing? In all honesty, probably not, or at least not by a whole lot. The fact of the matter is, the Vikings just happen to be the heavy weight team in this war, while the Samurai have sh!ty timing for their pushes and Knights are just an average-below average performing team overall. If Knights would stop coming to the forums to cry for help from the devs, and really put some effort into at least HOLDING our 20 some territories for until the last round (the round that matters), then maybe we would be the OP faction that the Vikings and Samurai would cry about. A Faction's placing in the Faction War is based primarily on the playerbase's performance in that Faction, so if the playerbase does poorly, the Faction as a whole does poorly.

The faction war is based purely on members per faction and how many of them actualy play and not their performance in the slightest.

No matter how bad (ie) Vikings are, if they got 10times the numbers of Knights and Samurai combined, they will ALWAYS accumulate more war assets and thus win every territory update. Why does noone see that?

Ubisoft HAVE to count the number of matches that happened during this 6hour period and count how many players of each faction actualy finished a match. If during CET daytime we have 5x more Knights then Samurai, then lets Samurai war assets be multiplied by 5 and this way, it will not matter if the Samurai are robbed of their last "high activity" timeframe or not.

It does NOT matter how many members a faction has. It does NOT matter if this people are online or offline, the only thing that matterers is, if they play AND finish a match, thus earn war assets. Well and when the "bad" knights only play PvAi they will have less war assets then Vikings, as everyone knows, PvAi games yield less war assests then PvP, and so a multiplier based war assets will be of no help to them. This way, it will realy base solely on performance of playing people.

And never forget, this is a game and need an even playing ground, this is not RL war. As of now, Vikings play a match of soccer with 11 persons, Knights with 7 and Samurai with 3... yay. I gues Samurai have to be quite the gods if they want to get even with Vikings.

FramboisMan
03-02-2017, 06:56 PM
Video says nothing. It describes what happens during territory updates, round and seasons and thats it.

At about 45 seconds it states territories update every 6 hours; the length of a turn.

Sithalorian
03-02-2017, 07:18 PM
Look at this crybaby, When you can go resurrect Harold bloody Godwinson and Aelfred the Great to help you stomp a stamford bridge sized mudhole in our hardruling collective northern asses, then you can come talk to me about 'unfair faction balance'. Vikings are more popular amoung better players with better timing. If you're tired of losing, Get good like everyone else. Until then Go cry into your armet while cuddling your Richard the Lionheart body pillow.

Braegulfer
03-02-2017, 08:15 PM

Are you sure? Because you SOUND like you need a Kleenex.

Lord-Arion
03-02-2017, 08:18 PM
Look at this crybaby, When you can go resurrect Harold bloody Godwinson and Aelfred the Great to help you stomp a stamford bridge sized mudhole in our hardruling collective northern asses, then you can come talk to me about 'unfair faction balance'. Vikings are more popular amoung better players with better timing. If you're tired of losing, Get good like everyone else. Until then Go cry into your armet while cuddling your Richard the Lionheart body pillow.

Might want to go take a nap there friend, clearly someone woke up this morning on the wrong side of the bed.

I think you vikings feel threatened by the fact that the community wants to break down your uncontestable rule. I think you guys are scared to death of having your wins tainted by the revalation of massive imbalance. You aren't strong and proud vikings, you are frightened little children afraid of losing. Youd rather it stay as it is and let the community tear itself apart after each round when vikings win because of the imbalance and let the game hemmorage players as people burn out and lose intrest from being harassed by toxic vikings like you and seeing their factions always coming up short.

The game is called For Honor, not For Valhalla. Sorry but the world doesnt revolve around you arrogant vikings. Need I remind you od the rage, hate, and vitrol spewed by your ilk after open beta, or have you conviently forgotten the atrocious and toxic behavior vikings displayed in defeat, crying foul because they didnt win. Vikings have no ground to stand on and will never have the courage to sacrifice their inability to be beaten for the longterm health of the game. Those who have power seldom surrender it willingly, hence why knights and samurai are here fighting to forcibly strip you of that power for the good of the game.

In no world is a 75+% win rate in a competitive setting working as intended. There is no competition if its already decided, and a competitive game with a highly present system that feels out of whack or some might say rigged will die swiftly. Competitive games live and die on their ability to balance the competitive scene so that nothing is too strong or too weak. Look at class balance, what we are targeting here with the faction war is the same concept.

Please do us all a favor and begone, nobody wants to hear from vikings how everything is all good in the faction war.

Valtaya
03-02-2017, 11:33 PM
[...][ Vikings are more popular amoung better players with better timing.[...]

I heard the same for the first time back in 2001 when DAOC was played, first albion pondering their chest because of their numbers, not quality of playing, and Mythic "balanced" out Midgard and Hibbernia and then Albion was grilled. And today is not for the last time. In my games, Knights are the worst yup, but also the best, Viking and Samurai rotate for the mediocre, average placements. Knights cry and whine and so do Samurai and above all of that I hear Vikings graspin for breath, in fear of a member number balance solution that realy works. But then again, gues that will not happen until For Honor dies, so, enjoy it.

Maarmang
03-02-2017, 11:41 PM
Not that there is enough data yet but it seams like weekdays are viking/samuri heavy population. Weekends seam to have higher knights. Give it time so that the demographics can be reliably (yes i actually used that word regarding a ubi game) looked at and changes made to help with balance on population.

dangoball
03-03-2017, 12:38 AM
Oh my god, this thread is hilarious!

So many people take themselves and their "allegiance" so seriously, as if they actually have some code of honor to uphold, some vows binding them, and not just being "oh, I think Knights/Viking/Samurai are kinda cool".

Get a grip, people. Insults and personal attacks over such a topic should be beneath you. There's one, maybe two reasonable posts on the state of FW per page, the rest of it is just rambling, ranting and trashing about.

Time zones are messing with FW: I was there for the end of the round only because I randomly woke up at 1 am. 24 or even 12 hour rounds could work better, maybe?
Faction population is messing with FW. Will people just run to Viking for a few loot boxes? Don't think so, at least not in any real droves. So... weighted points?
Only the last round being important is not really true (more like last 3 rounds), but some gradual point growth instead of final blitz on the last day would be much better, yes?

Most of you need to take a few steps back, look at your posts and imagine they are targeted at you. Now go to your room and think on what you've done!
Basically, try to be a decent human being. Instead of screaming "Vikings this, Samurai that and Knights too! FIX THIS DEVS!", how about being patient and civil?
The game hasn't been out for a month. There are things that can only be fine-tuned after a longer period of gathering real life data. Faction War is one of those. Matchmaking is another.
Is it annoying that Vikings seem to have total dominance? Yes, it is.
Is it as annoying as having R1, R1, R0, R2 face of against R4, R5, R9, R7? Answer that for yourself.

Do I know how to fix all that?
No. I don't see under the hood.
Have some faith in those who do. I doubt they are just sitting on their hands sipping mead. I also doubt they enjoy reading posts full of entitlements and accusations.

Sithalorian
03-03-2017, 02:44 PM
Waaaaaah, there's too many vikings, waaah. I dont care if we lose. I honestly dont. Git gud. Quit whining about imbalace to the devs with this cancerous crybaby garbage. What do you expect them to do? Force people to change their allegiances?

Sithalorian
03-03-2017, 02:56 PM
Doubleposting like a noobly noodly noob. Look Let me be real. I dont give a **** if we win or lose. I ****ing love Vikings, I dont care if we lose, I'd still rep them because I think they're awesome and I love everything Norse, and Scandinavian. I'm a history nerd, and the Viking age is my favorite period But I appreciate all 3 factions. And the people here complaining about 'faction imbalance' I dont know what they expect the devs to do. Maybe match people up to timezone specific faction war that contributes to an over all faction war rather than it being purely time zone based? Make it cumulative rather than timing based? I dont know. But the idea that people just seem to favor the vikings a great deal? I dont know what you want them to do? Tell people to change their allegiences? Really how do you expect this to be fixed.

DT1_Hussar
03-03-2017, 03:09 PM
What we need is a good TV series about Knights and/or Samurai. Vikings Series is still fresh, and almost everyone wants to be like Ragnar or Lagertha = many new recruits. We (Knights) or You (Weeds) are just outnumbered :D

PlagueGripes
03-03-2017, 03:25 PM
Faction War's goals are mainly the problem. It's not as complex as it needs to be.

The basic problem is it only has a single goal: on the final turn, have the most territories. For the player, it's an elaborate way to count how often you play and stay engaged with the product. It's just a fancy marketing device without much thought put into it.

Prophit618
03-03-2017, 04:56 PM
Last day is probably more accurate than last hour. I've had time to think since my previous post, and the very last round will only net up to about a 12-territory swing (6 from each faction). But over the course of the final day, you can gain all the territories no problem, still pushing pretty much all importance to the final 24 hours.

Like PlagueGripes above me said, it's not nearly as complex as it needs to be to be able to ensure balance even in the face of bandwagoning.