PDA

View Full Version : Gear Stats vs Aesthetics

Sensei0331
03-01-2017, 07:19 AM
I think it can be agreed on that whenever these kinds of games come out and have all of this cool looking gear, that they have very bad perk distribution? I mean, this game is very stamina based when u look at it; swinging swords, axes, shields, and then sprinting with all of the above just so u can be the first to push a guy off a ledge (pun intended)

If we broke down the gaming community, we would roughly get two kinds of players: players that don't care about aesthetics, just the best gear stats, and those other players that just want to look good while they play, even with s**t*y stats active. (There's no in-between here. You are either one or the other. Pick a side.)

So how about they put in both sides to every Playlist. PvP Dominion with no gear stats or PvP Duel with stats. I said all Playlists and meant it. That would be a good start to a ranking system in For Honor and get whiners in their own games. Players that want to be the highest ranking with the best possible perks can choose the Playlist of their choosing with stats active. And those players that don't care about stats but want to just have fun and look good playing can choose the other, wimpy version of that playlist.

Zordrage
03-01-2017, 07:23 AM
I think it can be agreed on that whenever these kinds of games come out and have all of this cool looking gear, that they have very bad perk distribution? I mean, this game is very stamina based when u look at it; swinging swords, axes, shields, and then sprinting with all of the above just so u can be the first to push a guy off a ledge (pun intended)

If we broke down the gaming community, we would roughly get two kinds of players: players that don't care about aesthetics, just the best gear stats, and those other players that just want to look good while they play, even with s**t*y stats active. (There's no in-between here. You are either one or the other. Pick a side.)

So how about they put in both sides to every Playlist. PvP Dominion with no gear stats or PvP Duel with stats. I said all Playlists and meant it. That would be a good start to a ranking system in For Honor and get whiners in their own games. Players that want to be the highest ranking with the best possible perks can choose the Playlist of their choosing with stats active. And those players that don't care about stats but want to just have fun and look good playing can choose the other, wimpy version of that playlist.

There IS an inbetween just saying....... hi.