PDA

View Full Version : Assassins are the weakest characters at the upper tier of play.

Delectable_Sin
03-01-2017, 06:54 AM
True story, the WL, Shugoki, Warden, and the LB are the strongest characters in the game, if you're at 80% win rate (or higher) and getting matched with players that know how to spam and abuse mechanics. As an assassin you can just basically bet on the fact that you're going to constantly be out of stamina against these guys, and they're going to spam cheesy crap that you can't escape once you're drained.

It's a strange cycle; the middle tier gets dominated by assassins, so you eventually end up with a good win percentage by playing assassins, but at the top you just end up getting beat back down, until you see more assassins you can beat with your assassin main.

Being an assassin main and taking the game seriously is an excellent way to end up with a nice, comfortable, winning ratio, but never being able to dominate at the upper win percentages, once you start running into the spam characters that operate primarily by draining you of your stamina.

JeeNiNe
03-01-2017, 06:57 AM
Yes to Shugoki, warden, warlord but not Lawbringer. Conqueror is the other top tier character.

Zordrage
03-01-2017, 07:01 AM
Yes to Shugoki, warden, warlord but not Lawbringer. Conqueror is the other top tier character.

there are some realy good lawbringers popping up lately and im starting to think LB is not as bad as people make it out to be realy x.x

i still dont know whats up with the Orochi crying...... i mean Orochi does not have anything going for them compared to the others.

Also Kensei is realy damn good too if played well...

Varicose_Veins
03-01-2017, 07:02 AM

This.

Delectable_Sin

Conqueror is good, but I don't see nearly as many of them as the others. And LB is absolutely top tier, if not the best character in the entire game as far as 1v1.

JeeNiNe
I find good LB too, just like I find good Kenseis, but these same people would simply do better with top 4 character, in my humble opinion

TCTF_SWAT
03-01-2017, 07:05 AM
I find good LB too, just like I find good Kenseis, but these same people would simply do better with top 4 character, in my humble opinion

Doesn't always work like that.

Varicose_Veins
03-01-2017, 07:09 AM
Conqueror is good, but I don't see nearly as many of them as the others. And LB is absolutely top tier, if not the best character in the entire game as far as 1v1.

The guy in charge of balance at Ubisoft says the exact opposite in today's Warrior's Den video.

He said

1. Lawbringer is getting a buff
2. Warlord and Conqueror are OP (hence will probably get a nerf).

Delectable_Sin
03-01-2017, 07:12 AM

You obviously don't play duel, and if you do, you don't have a high win rate. You basically see nothing but LB's from 90% on. They are easily one of the best characters in the game, and probably the strongest there is for 1v1.

Zordrage
03-01-2017, 07:13 AM
The guy in charge of balance at Ubisoft says the exact opposite in today's Warrior's Den video.

He said

LB is totaly not underpowered just a bit cluncky to use.

TCTF_SWAT
03-01-2017, 07:13 AM
Whoa whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Delectable_Sin
03-01-2017, 07:15 AM

He said

Yes but I doubt they're balancing for an isolated area of gameplay consisting of less than 5% of the player population. I doubt they even care about players sitting at 80% win rate (or higher), nevermind players at that level that play duel specifically.

Ubisoft will clearly balance for the most popular modes, and the win rates with the highest amount of people.

Basically, expect them to balance for Dominion and base their numbers off of the player base sitting around 50% win rate.

Varicose_Veins
03-01-2017, 07:18 AM
LB is totaly not underpowered just a bit cluncky to use.

Again, Ubisoft has looked at the stats (obviously) and like the Valkyrie, clearly the Lawbringer must be under-performing (as is the Raider, also getting a buff).

They haven't said what will be buffed or how significant the buff will be, but I'm sure we'll know within a few weeks.

Video here for anyone interested. LB comments made about 30 minutes in.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1594194-Warriors-Den-Livestream-(Feb-28th)

JeeNiNe
03-01-2017, 07:35 AM
You obviously don't play duel, and if you do, you don't have a high win rate. You basically see nothing but LB's from 90% on. They are easily one of the best characters in the game, and probably the strongest there is for 1v1.
I dont find the need to justify myself but I got 83% for duel modes lol

Warp_11
03-01-2017, 07:35 AM
Lawbringer as a class has 46% winrate in Duels and a big part of that are environmental kills - this information was brought to us by the game director on the live stream. I have above average skill on Lawbringer, probably due to my big experience with him and not to my gaming abilities so I think that I deserve to have a right to talk about him as a class. And I am stating that it is too hard to consistantly parry non-predicted light attacks of assassins and other hybrids in order to ensure a win. I have to be well rested and pre-trained to perform light attack parries on these classes so I usually end up feinting side heavy in order to make them do a predicted dodge attack that I can parry most of the time, but even then they learn and start just attacking. Also, assassins are much better counter attackers than Lawbringer and yet have very good offensive capabilities which can not be justified just by a smaller hp bar.

Deuz_Vult
03-01-2017, 09:36 AM
LB is not strong. Why else aren't any LBs in any tournaments.. Just like there are no Orochi. Only Warlord>Conq>Warden>Shugoki>PK>Nobushi>usless chars heroes

Delectable_Sin
03-01-2017, 09:51 AM
LB is not strong. Why else aren't any LBs in any tournaments.. Just like there are no Orochi. Only Warlord>Conq>Warden>Shugoki>PK>Nobushi>usless chars heroes

Are you kidding me? What tournies are you watching? Orochi just comprised 48% of one of the larger tournies and I see LB's in tournies all the time...

PK is useless on duel.

Nobushi is okay.

eliteslayer66
03-01-2017, 09:53 AM
I couldn't disagree more about lawbringer.

Delectable_Sin
03-01-2017, 09:56 AM
LB can drain an assassin of all of their stamina in an instant, dump them on their head, and finish them before they get up. You can also get an infinite spam going between GB and charge, which (even if countered) will drain them of their stamina in seconds.

LB is an out right nightmare match up for assassins.

I couldn't disagree more about lawbringer.

Yeah, most of the forum does, but I honestly think that they aren't actually spamming the uber cheese like the good LB's out there. He's an insanely cheap character with something like 3 good moves, but if you spam them correctly, he's insanely OP.

Aarpian
03-01-2017, 10:02 AM
LB can drain an assassin of all of their stamina in an instant, dump them on their head, and finish them before they get up. You can also get an infinite spam going between GB and charge, which (even if countered) will drain them of their stamina in seconds.

LB is an out right nightmare match up for assassins.

Yeah, most of the forum does, but I honestly think that they aren't actually spamming the uber cheese like the good LB's out there. He's an insanely cheap character with something like 3 good moves, but if you spam them correctly, he's insanely OP.

Everything the lawbringer does is easily avoidable, and most of it is also punishable. If he's spamming shove on you and you're not dodging it, you're bad. If he's spamming shove on you and you're out of stamina - who ****ing cares, he has absolutely zero ways to punish you.
He's truly garbage.

By the way, you don't see any Orochi or lawbringer in the top 8 - they all drop out early. In fact I think I might be the only person to play an orochi inside a top 8 game. There is precisely 1 good lawbringer out there - Galahad94 - and even his win rate is only 84%.

DovaahisPGM
03-01-2017, 10:04 AM
Lol

#PeacekeeperNobushizoneattackspamwhileinrevenge

Varicose_Veins
03-01-2017, 10:07 AM
. He's an insanely cheap character with something like 3 good moves, but if you spam them correctly, he's insanely OP.

Umm, not only the forum disgarees with you, so do the K/D stats and the development team.

He's "insanely OP" but Ubisoft is giving him a buff?

Let's keep it real please.

Delectable_Sin
03-01-2017, 10:13 AM
Umm, not only the forum disgarees with you, so do the K/D stats and the development team.

He's "insanely OP" but Ubisoft is giving him a buff?

Let's keep it real please.

Lol, you being horrid with a character and fitting in with the model that other bad players set, does nothing to validate your opinion. This thread is in regards to 80% or higher win rates for matchmaking. Your 50% does not allow you to have any clue what you're talking about. When you run into 5 LB's in a row with a 90% win rate and they all spam the same moves, it's safe to say what I've said in this thread.

I also sit at around 96% win rate on my LB by spamming 2 primary moves. The only reason I don't play him so much lately is because of all the other LB's. I actually had 99% win rate on him until yesterday.

Like I said before, the devs will balance for the majority, and are completely unconcerned with the tiny fraction of the player base that is good with the LB.

Giannisxania7
03-01-2017, 10:17 AM
Can someone explain what's the difference on high and low tier level of play? thx