PDA

View Full Version : "Here's our 'Art of Battle System', where combat is skill based and weighted..."

Uexx-
03-01-2017, 02:51 AM
Just kidding, buy our "Steel" so you can purchase more boxes, then maybe you'll have a competitive gear-score.

Matchmaking? No no no, if you have a low gear score, you'll just have to suffer until you have a higher one.

TLDR:

Matchmaking is non-existent and Gear Score > Skill when it comes to just "Surviving" until teammates arrive.

ThePollie
03-01-2017, 02:59 AM
Gear doesn't matter in 1v1s, thankfully.

I wish I could opt out of gear in 4v4s, too. Dominion was a lot of fun in the Beta, but now it's a complete mess.

Felis_Menari
03-01-2017, 03:29 AM
Gear doesn't matter in 1v1s, thankfully.

I wish I could opt out of gear in 4v4s, too. Dominion was a lot of fun in the Beta, but now it's a complete mess.

While I appreciate playstyle customization, since it's a 2 for 1 trade-off on stat boosts on high end gear, it feels like I'm choosing which stat has the smallest drawback when on the low end. And while most stat boosts aren't too crazy, the revenge stats can make a *huge* difference.

ThePollie
03-01-2017, 03:36 AM
The problem in the gear system lies entirely in Revenge. The amount you get for gearing for Revenge vastly out weights any drawbacks, and bests every other gear type several times over.

You gear for damage - You get like, 5-8 damage in heavies, and take 5-8 extra damage on heavies.
You gear for revenge - You get huge damage spikes and knockdowns on demand, at a constant rate, and virtual damage immunity for huge periods of time with very few vulnerable periods.

They need to make this difference less, or their point of trying to make different play styles an option becomes moot.