PDA

View Full Version : Who thought gear system is enjoyable?

VillNess
02-28-2017, 10:13 PM
The game was FAR more enjoyable when it was low level (betas and early full game). This 108 gear fighting is just plain annoying and not enjoyable at all... And before you start shouting about how 1v1 and 2v2 don't have gear stats I know that but that's just 50% of the game and the 4v4's give more stuff anyways...

Kharneth88
02-28-2017, 10:14 PM
Disagree.

This game is a hell of a lot more fun now that people are running around with a high level gear score, and especially now that I'm one of them.

ThePollie
02-28-2017, 10:15 PM
I agree. Right now, Dominion is unplayable. It's an utter mess of Lawbringers and Conquerors chaining Revenge with knockdowns. There's no skill involved anymore, it's just a spam with no counter play. Even if you survive the Revenge timer, they'll have it again with just a few blocks, so you can't even bait a parry to open them up.

Kharneth88
02-28-2017, 10:17 PM
Says it's nothing but Revenge spammers. Hasn't found a counter.

ThePollie
02-28-2017, 10:24 PM
There is no counter. Block a few shots, Revenge, spam knockdowns. If for whatever reason they get away and survive, just turtle up until you get Revenge again. You don't even need to risk a parry, for pity's sake. Every match just devolves into a mess of which team has more Revenge-gear and who plays better with turtling to get it first.

Scoregasms2286
02-28-2017, 10:29 PM
Pretty much if you aren't going full revenge builds...then what are you doing with your life.

Personally I would like more variety, honestly the ONLY option is to build revenge gain builds, because the other stats are virtually useless. I would also like to see an explanation of each stat. Yes I get it on the weapon, attack makes you hit harder and stamina reduction reduces stamina costs of each swing. But by how much?! So I would like numbers to formulate min/max builds.

Along with other pieces taking exhaust recovery, revenge gain, sprint speed. Pretty much the other 2 stats on each gear sucks and isnt worth it to shoot for those.

Kharneth88
02-28-2017, 10:30 PM
There is no counter. Block a few shots, Revenge, spam knockdowns. If for whatever reason they get away and survive, just turtle up until you get Revenge again. You don't even need to risk a parry, for pity's sake. Every match just devolves into a mess of which team has more Revenge-gear and who plays better with turtling to get it first.

You may not have found any counters, but I've found several. I use them in every match. They work a handful of the time. What prevents them from being more successful are poor players who ruin the tactics because it is a team effort to counter revenge. When I play with my handful of friends it works much better because I can inform them of what to and not to do.

Countering revenge is as challenging as countering anything else in this game. Knowing is half the battle, at least. Once you know how to counter it you'll be a mile ahead the majority of players. Stay ignorant, though. Keep telling yourself there is no cure to a vengeful foe. I don't mind.

Munktor
02-28-2017, 10:31 PM
What do you mean by "4v4 gives more stuff anyways" ??

Are you talking about steel and rep? Because both of those are pointless unless you want better gear lol.

I so often see people complain about things in games "ruining" the game while they also make reference to how they're trying to get said ruinous things lol.

FRAKTICA
02-28-2017, 10:49 PM
I agree. Right now, Dominion is unplayable. It's an utter mess of Lawbringers and Conquerors chaining Revenge with knockdowns. There's no skill involved anymore, it's just a spam with no counter play. Even if you survive the Revenge timer, they'll have it again with just a few blocks, so you can't even bait a parry to open them up.

If you know what sets revenge off, then stop doing that!

It only knocks you down if popped while you are swinging; like when two or three people are pounding on one person...

If is not OP at all if you have the skill to play against it; besides, anyone getting it that fast has paid a high price for it; just let someone 1v1 them to death...

Gnarxly
02-28-2017, 10:56 PM
Gear is fun, it doesn't matter anyway. If your skills were any good you'd know people with 108 gear and low skills are as easy as any other level gear. You will remember what I told you here once you get 108 in a class, you will still get **** on by anyone with better skills regardless of gear level. This is not WoW.

Lorr-Rhedet
02-28-2017, 10:56 PM
You may not have found any counters, but I've found several. I use them in every match. They work a handful of the time. What prevents them from being more successful are poor players who ruin the tactics because it is a team effort to counter revenge. When I play with my handful of friends it works much better because I can inform them of what to and not to do.

Countering revenge is as challenging as countering anything else in this game. Knowing is half the battle, at least. Once you know how to counter it you'll be a mile ahead the majority of players. Stay ignorant, though. Keep telling yourself there is no cure to a vengeful foe. I don't mind.

kharneth stop ****ting on people because you used your daddy's wallet to buy hella gear and hit max so you could actually win something for once in your miserable life.

VillNess
02-28-2017, 11:00 PM
What do you mean by "4v4 gives more stuff anyways" ??

Are you talking about steel and rep? Because both of those are pointless unless you want better gear lol.

I so often see people complain about things in games "ruining" the game while they also make reference to how they're trying to get said ruinous things lol.

Gear doesn't only give stats but also styles which I am after... And steel also gives styles and champion status.

Bob__Gnarly
02-28-2017, 11:02 PM
Yeah these revenge builds are killing the fun in 4v4.

Fought an Orochi yesterday that had revenge up for the majority of the match. Someone would touch him, revenge. As soon as it ended, he would get toughed again, revenge. Playing against players like this on alts or as new players is a complete turn off. There's no variety in builds, everyone just builds for revenge, I wonder why that is?

B3N--
02-28-2017, 11:03 PM
gear is nice, the problem is revenge, not the gear itself.

gear allow to go in multiple way of build your char, ok not a lot but that add some diversity, so why want to go a step back.

Ubisoft just need to look at revenge, i think, if they push the revenge stat away from the gear and tweak the revenge status, like disable the attack buff it give to counter peoples that just wait to get it to do masive damage.. IMO, its the way to go

Chanceofwar
02-28-2017, 11:05 PM
Well the game is almost unplayable by it's self but add the gear score with toxic community I think it would be best to just stick to brawl or duel imo.

Allyrion8
02-28-2017, 11:11 PM
Pretty much if you aren't going full revenge builds...then what are you doing with your life.

Personally I would like more variety, honestly the ONLY option is to build revenge gain builds, because the other stats are virtually useless. I would also like to see an explanation of each stat. Yes I get it on the weapon, attack makes you hit harder and stamina reduction reduces stamina costs of each swing. But by how much?! So I would like numbers to formulate min/max builds.

Along with other pieces taking exhaust recovery, revenge gain, sprint speed. Pretty much the other 2 stats on each gear sucks and isnt worth it to shoot for those.

The thing is, I'm okay with gear right now because Revenge is the stat that makes a difference. That's because it's counterable if you play smartly and only punishes careless team fights.

But the other stats could creat much more serious disadvantages in 1v1 fights if they were more viable. They make a difference now too but not decisively.

I agree the stats should be more transparent. Show us the actual percentages if it functions like that, and if necessary add a legend like the moveset describing exactly what they affect.

I think the other stats are in a good place in how much they affect (though they may not be balanced completely).

Revenge builds don't affect 1v1 nearly as much as people give it credit for, but I do think it should be toned down so you get less Revenge from a single target.

ThePollie
02-28-2017, 11:18 PM
If you know what sets revenge off, then stop doing that!

It only knocks you down if popped while you are swinging; like when two or three people are pounding on one person...

If is not OP at all if you have the skill to play against it; besides, anyone getting it that fast has paid a high price for it; just let someone 1v1 them to death...

Because this is the best advice. "Counter bad mechanics by not playing!"

Illyrian_King
02-28-2017, 11:25 PM
The game was FAR more enjoyable when it was low level (betas and early full game). This 108 gear fighting is just plain annoying and not enjoyable at all... And before you start shouting about how 1v1 and 2v2 don't have gear stats I know that but that's just 50% of the game and the 4v4's give more stuff anyways...

More crying for gear ;b

I enjoy the the gear system pretty much, and it's so easy to get really good gear! Everybody gets access to it pretty easily and everybody has approximately the same chances and things get balanced again.

What's the problem :confused:

ThePollie
02-28-2017, 11:26 PM
So your argument is the game is broken, but everyone can abuse what's broken, therefor it's not broken.

Munktor
02-28-2017, 11:39 PM
Gear doesn't only give stats but also styles which I am after... And steel also gives styles and champion status.

Fair enough. You want the cosmetics. I can understand that.

VillNess
02-28-2017, 11:44 PM
Fair enough. You want the cosmetics. I can understand that.

Although it's not like they look that much different from each other :rolleyes:

ThePollie
02-28-2017, 11:47 PM
I disagree. The difference between some Warden gear is night and day.

You can go from leather with patchwork chain-mail and a plate strapped over it to a full chain-hauberk with plate. Helmets have all sort of designs, swords go from almost Mad-Max Knight to Warcraft paladin style.

VillNess
02-28-2017, 11:50 PM
I disagree. The difference between some Warden gear is night and day.

You can go from leather with patchwork chain-mail and a plate strapped over it to a full chain-hauberk with plate. Helmets have all sort of designs, swords go from almost Mad-Max Knight to Warcraft paladin style.

Yeh some do have variety, some less. I think the issue is that for some characters you can't alterate the desing too much, peacekeeper without hood for example.

ThePollie
02-28-2017, 11:58 PM
Orochi definitely lacks variety, I've seen. It's mostly just the same, with only small differences.

Helnekromancer
03-01-2017, 12:07 AM
My problem isn't revenge spammers hell I love when they get revenge because they think their gods when they get it and starts playing recklessly. My only issue is projectiles insta killing me. Can be 1v4 the 4 man enemy squad and out of nowhere I get shot in the back of the head by a crossbow or someone drops a meteor on my head and once I entered Revenge mode as the meteor came down and my character never regain their stamina so even though I survive I pretty much was already dead not to mention is drops almost instantly so there's almost no way of getting out the way. "It's like why fight you in melee combat when I can just pull out a gun xD"

SpazzMaticuz
03-07-2017, 09:33 AM
Gear is fun, it doesn't matter anyway. If your skills were any good you'd know people with 108 gear and low skills are as easy as any other level gear. You will remember what I told you here once you get 108 in a class, you will still get **** on by anyone with better skills regardless of gear level. This is not WoW.

https://youtu.be/vxKEpbQU6-8?t=21m
Enemy pk gets revenge and literally two-shots you.
Oh that seems balanced.

Edit: Skip to min21

Tr1stesse
03-07-2017, 10:00 AM
If you guys complain and getting smacked in the face because your just standing there trying to win against someone with revenge, then your just stupid.
Most of the scrubs keep attacking even when I have revenge ... LOL

Revenge mode or not, you can reflect, parry, dodge every single attack from a player that has revenge.
If your bad in those things then just keep your distance.
My main has 108 gear, and although I agree I kill much faster when in revenge, good player tend to reflect, dodge, parry my attacks or keep there distance until revenge is over.
Same for me, when I see someone has revenge, I feint to make them use it, and keep my distance until its over ..

XeroTheBigBoss
03-07-2017, 10:30 AM
Revenge doesn't bother me I own people 1v1 mostly. I'm not having to look around ganking people to make up for some low self esteem of my baddiness. If you don't gank people they won't get revenge simple.

RatedChaotic
03-07-2017, 11:07 AM
Those complaining about revenge are the ones playing right into the hands of the player that popped it. Even those scrubs that made that "Angry Review" video have no clue how to play this game. Did you see their gameplay? Ya I really want to take advice from those idiots.

teksuo1
03-07-2017, 12:29 PM
i enjoyed it the first time around...
it's really depressing trying to level new classes now though. It keeps matching me against great players with huge ilvl.

*would also like more cosmetics/"transmogs" though, and more reasons to prestige past 10

Tr1stesse
03-07-2017, 01:59 PM
I just hope everyone that thinks stat gear is good is going through hell right now. Deserved pain.

We all started out there ... now we have gear!
When we start a new char, we will all be there again .... until we have gear again!
It is somthing to look forward to, and a gift for all the grind and hard work.

And am guessing you have crap gear, wich makes you wine like a little baby.
But then when YOU have lvl 108 gear, then all of a sudden it will not be a problem anymore!?

Captain-Courage
03-07-2017, 02:11 PM
And am guessing you have crap gear, wich makes you wine like a little baby.
But then when YOU have lvl 108 gear, then all of a sudden it will not be a problem anymore!?

I have a 108 GS character since several time now (rank 7, 8 very soon)
I don't find it fun in the end. Really, it's more of an embarrassing system than anything else once arrived at that point.
Fundamentally, gameplay wise it brings absolutely nothing to the game, no depth, no real new mechanics or playstyle, like it would be for Chivalry when you get new weapons for example. Nothing of substance.

They could drop the system entirely or make it purely cosmetic, without hurting the game. I wouldn't mind at all if they'd get rid of it tomorrow, erasing all the gear that I gained and stats and golden numbers above my head to only keep our characters unique looks (character customisation screen is still bugged as hell by the way).

The system has no other true purpose than being a grind wheel in disguise, which ends to be more tedious than anything else with all that crap in inventory that you don't care about anymore (making it more a chore than a pleasure, and making me playing less), to keep players playing, because Ubi new strategy of fail (games as services .... lol, and they wonder why they fail on the PC market with that quality of service ...) and online gamedesign 101 for noob designers, unfortunately they don't know how to do it good (and you can even say that they're doing it wrong if you look at the recent event failure, that they had to extend because numbers weren't met on any platform).
I guess it will be somewhat fun watching them fail at ranked matches and esports.

DerHerbman
03-07-2017, 02:17 PM
I hate the grind. I want to play the game for fun. Unfortunatly I donīt have fun when I have to fight people who get instant Rage and I have nothing. Hell even when I just use guard break so they don't block my attacks they get revenge super fast. All in all the Gear ads only frustration to the game.
It has been really fun in the beta where everyone was only P1-2. I hope they ad a no gear 4 vs 4 mode!

itsPlanB
03-07-2017, 02:56 PM
I play most geared modes (Dominion, Deathmatch) and I don't see a problem with the gear. To me I see more and more people crying about someone else having more gear than them. What I don't understand is, you could have the same gear. You choose not to have it, or you haven't played enough to get it. Instead, what you do is rail against someone else having that gear by either earning it through playing time or buying it with their own money after playing the minimum to get to the gear level.

Why are you worried about what someone else is doing? Tend to your own biscuits. Don't like the dude in the lobby running revenge? Move on to a new lobby. Oh and before you start with the "every lobby is full of them" stuff, I'd like to remind you that I play this game too and almost every lobby I play in does NOT have someone running that gear.

oh and before you start with the "you're built for revenge" here is my gear.

http://fh.bhtguild.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Screenshot-Original.png

Vordred
03-07-2017, 03:09 PM
yeah the game was way more fun when ever one had no better than Rare gear.

personally i think Heroic gear should work the same way as normal and Rare, it should only raise one, lower one and leave one at default. the problem comes from the fact that Heroic give two sats a boost.

allowing for ridiculous revenge builds and also creating a massive power gap between Rare and Heroic.

Vordred
03-07-2017, 03:15 PM
I play most geared modes (Dominion, Deathmatch) and I don't see a problem with the gear. To me I see more and more people crying about someone else having more gear than them. What I don't understand is, you could have the same gear. You choose not to have it, or you haven't played enough to get it. Instead, what you do is rail against someone else having that gear by either earning it through playing time or buying it with their own money after playing the minimum to get to the gear level.

Why are you worried about what someone else is doing? Tend to your own biscuits. Don't like the dude in the lobby running revenge? Move on to a new lobby. Oh and before you start with the "every lobby is full of them" stuff, I'd like to remind you that I play this game too and almost every lobby I play in does NOT have someone running that gear.

oh and before you start with the "you're built for revenge" here is my gear.

http://fh.bhtguild.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Screenshot-Original.png your logic is flawed, new players are not going to have high end gear, and are going to get smoked and now want to play when it's so unbalanced, also i have Heroic gear on two characters, but i use 4 and will want to play more later too, there are many reasons why someone might end up without heroic gear, it's not just a case of you could have if you wanted it. and i don't really enjoy the way the game plays with heroic gear. the revenge spam both from using it and other people using it, just takes away from the combat system.

CarnivalLaw
03-07-2017, 03:19 PM
I don't mind having the gear-leveling system in place. I am, however, VERY disappointed they allowed it to be pay-to-win.

Captain-Courage
03-07-2017, 03:27 PM
Oh it's not even a question of Pay 2 win (even if it could be viewed as such).

As soon as you'll hit rank 3, you'll have your gear relatively quickly.
Keep the purple parts with the stats sets you want, no matter how they look, dismantle everything else, pump them to lvl 18 with gained silver and scraps, farm dominion AI mode if needed and Voilā, you have your 108 gear score. One or two cosmetic adjustments and that's it .... You can be 108 gearcore by literally AFKing, nothing of an accomplishement.
They could get rid of the system entirely, it's just a superficial and empty grind wheel (online games 101) and doesn't bring nothing of depth to the game, not even pride or bragging rights to have said GS.

itsPlanB
03-07-2017, 03:33 PM
I love when people say your logic is flawed. Then they go on a rant about how new players won't have high end gear. They then follow that up with they're going to get smoked.

Please enlighten me on the game that new players come into the game with the same foothold as players who have been playing the game for longer than they have. Every day that a player isn't playing on a character or isn't playing the game as a whole they're falling farther and farther behind those who are. It's how online environments work. In fact, in the Call of Duty realms the folks who buy the game at Christmas time for their kiddos or themselves are often called "Christmas Noobs" because they're already 45 days behind those who bought the game at release.
See what's flawed is your logic that everyone should be on the same footing regardless of their commitment level to the game. I don't play as much as others do and others play less than I do. Using that basis, some will have better gear than I do and some will have worse gear than I do.

My friend plays with me. He plays less than I do. His gear score is 46. Mine is 93. Why the disparity? Time played. Its a simple concept that I think many including you just seem to be missing. It's an exponential curve and if you think for one minute that there is a method to balancing gear for players who have significant time played with those that don't, I'd love for you to explain to me how someone with a real grasp on the game going back and playing a brand new character against someone who just picked up the game for the very first time are on a level playing field.

your logic is flawed, new players are not going to have high end gear, and are going to get smoked and now want to play when it's so unbalanced, also i have Heroic gear on two characters, but i use 4 and will want to play more later too, there are many reasons why someone might end up without heroic gear, it's not just a case of you could have if you wanted it. and i don't really enjoy the way the game plays with heroic gear. the revenge spam both from using it and other people using it, just takes away from the combat system.

Again with the pay to win drivel from someone who doesn't understand the mechanic of the game. [I]YOU CANNOT PAY TO WIN. You can pay to get better. You have to play the game in order to actually be able to get good gear. At Reputation 1 your max pieces assembled gear score is 36. At Reputation 2 your max pieces assembled gear score is 72. Only after playing a character to Reputation 3 can you get the maximum gear score available. Therefore you have to play to "win" as you're classifying it. That means you cannot just dump money into a system and come out on top. False.

I'll not bother covering the hard cap on gear that means that after a while everyone is again .... level on the playing field.

I don't mind having the gear-leveling system in place. I am, however, VERY disappointed they allowed it to be pay-to-win.

Tr1stesse
03-07-2017, 03:34 PM
I have a 108 GS character since several time now (rank 7, 8 very soon)
I don't find it fun in the end. Really, it's more of an embarrassing system than anything else once arrived at that point.
Fundamentally, gameplay wise it brings absolutely nothing to the game, no depth, no real new mechanics or playstyle, like it would be for Chivalry when you get new weapons for example. Nothing of substance.

They could drop the system entirely or make it purely cosmetic, without hurting the game. I wouldn't mind at all if they'd get rid of it tomorrow, erasing all the stuff and stats and golden numbers above my head that I gained to only keep our characters unique looks.

The system has no other true purpose than being a grind wheel in disguise, which ends to be more tedious than anything else with all that crap in inventory that you don't care about anymore (making it more a chore than a pleasure, and making me playing less), to keep players playing, because Ubi new strategy of fail (games as services .... lol, and they wonder why they fail on the PC market with that quality of service ...) and online gamedesign 101 for noob designers, unfortunately they don't know how to do it good (and you can even say that they're doing it wrong if you look at the recent event failure, that they had to extend because numbers weren't met on any platform).
I guess it will be somewhat fun watching them fail at ranked matches and esports.

I agree that "gear" once you allready reached item lvl 108 is semi wortless, we aint getting much new or really exclusive stuff.
That being said, everything you distract can be used on other hero's off the same faction, wich is cool.
I will be able to use that regen to help me gear up my conqueror, for example ..
I disagree that ubisoft failed in this game, yes its a grind, but so is wow,league of legends, call of duty, battlefield etc, etc ..
For me, every single duel feels amazing, am always nervous when it starts, never knowing how good or bad my enemy is going to be.
I also disagree that revenge is worthless, I had many moments where my friends died and it was 1vs4, without revenge it would be pointless to even try.
I also had moments where all my enemies where item lvl 108, then it gets really intresting.

Besides, there is NO WAY that ubisoft can balance this game around 4vs4 dominion/skirmish, even with the best developers in the world.
The game is balanced around 1v1 and 2v2, even if gear is activated in ranked matches, it will still be balanced around the 2v2 and 1v1.

Sorry for the bad gramma.

Tr1stesse
03-07-2017, 03:40 PM
I hate the grind. I want to play the game for fun. Unfortunatly I donīt have fun when I have to fight people who get instant Rage and I have nothing. Hell even when I just use guard break so they don't block my attacks they get revenge super fast. All in all the Gear ads only frustration to the game.
It has been really fun in the beta where everyone was only P1-2. I hope they ad a no gear 4 vs 4 mode!

WTF is wrong with ppl!!??
So you expect to have the same benefits then players that spend hours and hours and hours in the game?
Then what is the reward for players that spend all those hours? nothing i guess?

You want the same paycheck for doing nothing as the guy that works 40 hours a week?

The reward of all the grinding = gear, no grinding = no gear.
Thats how EVERY SINGLE GAME on the planet works, that is how life works, you need to invest, to get rewarded.

Captain-Courage
03-07-2017, 03:47 PM
The core game mechanics are amazing, the combat system is very good and solid even if not original in the slighest (at least on the PC market which already have numerous games like that, and some with that exact thematic)
A lot of things revolving around, regarding network structure, global ergonomy, monnetization, game interest and sustainability in the long run .... are crap at best, not even worthy of a bad chinese F2P / P2W MMORPG.

Ubi doesn't know how to make online games yet. They really would like to, and I'm sure they put really good faith into it, but they don't.

This strategy of "games as services" is kinda new for them, and more of an urgent panic reorientation and adaptation to a current disfavorable situation of their leadership than anything else (but they will be bought by Bolloré at one point or another if he really wants to) but unfortunately they have ne expertise on the subject.
They are console publishers, who know very well how to craft solo gaming experience with online functionnalities, DLC and a predetermined expiration date.
They made real efforts for R6S, the Division ... but are still far behind the real actors of this specific market when it comes to publish online services and maintaining a real community, it's not in the DNA of the company at all (to their discharge, they are very good at other things and even Capcom fails hard at this).
Sure they'll improve game after game. But market competitors won't be waiting for them.

EmeraldCthulhu
03-07-2017, 03:50 PM
WTF is wrong with ppl!!??
So you expect to have the same benefits then players that spend hours and hours and hours in the game?
Then what is the reward for players that spend all those hours? nothing i guess?

You want the same paycheck for doing nothing as the guy that works 40 hours a week?

Just sell the game! Or invest your time in it.
If you don't wanna either of those 2, then play 1v1 or 2v2 where gear is off.

This is sarcasm, right? You can't be serious.

In case you are - the reward for spending a lot of time in any GOOD fighting game has been... get ready for a shock... skill!
After years of playing Tekken I was able to roll over people like crazy. I didn't out of the sudden got a new move that killed people in 2 shots and made me indestructible.
The whole idea of giving you better stats in a fighting game is just so freaking stupid it hurts.
The problem here might be that the skill ceiling is too low in FH so there is no reward for "warking 40 hours" expect gear, but that means the game has no lasting appeal.

Tr1stesse
03-07-2017, 03:56 PM
Well. If it is balanced in 1on1 there is no resson those chars wouldn't also be good in team modes. Except the meta is running around and ganking as a squad.

Read what you just wrote please??

1v1 = gear is off
"Team modes"/4v4= gear is on

Big difference ...

Tr1stesse
03-07-2017, 04:03 PM
This is sarcasm, right? You can't be serious.

In case you are - the reward for spending a lot of time in any GOOD fighting game has been... get ready for a shock... skill!
After years of playing Tekken I was able to roll over people like crazy. I didn't out of the sudden got a new move that killed people in 2 shots and made me indestructible.
The whole idea of giving you better stats in a fighting game is just so freaking stupid it hurts.
The problem here might be that the skill ceiling is too low in FH so there is no reward for "warking 40 hours" expect gear, but that means the game has no lasting appeal.

It is not sarcasm. You missing the point.

You all act like there are only a few lucky ones who can get item lvl 108 gear.

EVERYONE can get item lvl 108, there are just a whole bunch off ppl that don't wanna invest in getting that gear.

This is not tekken or mortal kombat, get over it!

In this game, you need the gear for 4v4, if you don't wanna grind, fine, then play 1v1 or 2v2 (WHERE GEAR DOES NOT MATTER!)

I can assure you, that even with item lvl 108 gear, am still getting smoked in 4v4.
There is little to NO ''SKILL'' In 4v4 as you mentioned so pridefully, its a ganking gore fest, you want to play on skill ... again, play 1v1 or 2v2.

I see it as a fun, exciting thing to look forward to, getting nice, chining stuff.

Imagine this : 1v1 with both item lvl 108 ... now your both on the same level again right? This is my point, EVERYONE can get the gear, and grinding that gear, investing THAT time, will eventually also give you the skill. Or do you also espect to be a pro from the moment you start the game up?

Unbelievable ...

Captain-Courage
03-07-2017, 04:15 PM
It is not sarcasm. You missing the point.

You all act like there are only a few lucky ones who can get item lvl 108 gear.

EVERYONE can get item lvl 108, there are just a whole bunch off ppl that don't wanna invest in getting that gear.

This is not tekken or mortal kombat, get over it! In this game, you need the gear for 4v4, if you don't wanna grind, fine, then play 1v1 or 2v2.

I see it as a fun, exciting thing to look forward to, getting nice, chining stuff.

Imagine this : 1v1 with both item lvl 108 ... now your both on the same level again right?

Except it's not an accomplishment at all to have said gear, and it doesn't even feel like a grind (talk about grind to a MMO / H'n'S player ...).
You don't even need to actively play to have it (and that's what people do nowadays with domonion AI).

So it doesn't even have something rewarding nor fulfilling neither, and as you quickly see that it doesn't take any kind of skill to obtain it, and that it doesn't bring any kind of new gameplay layers or depth to the game, you realise that the only real purpose of said gear is just to try to maintain players on a wheel (bad obvious MMORPG design) to try to keep them playing.

Munktor
03-07-2017, 04:19 PM
At least someone gets it. Its so sad what has come to a fair competition.. And people don't even realise what garbage they are arguing.

Paycheck?
really thats your metaphor? No. When i do my job better than you then i expect more money. Not when i am good at wasting time. There are a lot of people that need more time for the same task.. So they get more money for beeing less efficient? Doesn't seem right, does it?

"i should get the job because my father works here" entitlement at its best.

No you should get the job because you are BETTER

The "fighting game" portion of this game is 1v1 duel and 2v2 brawl.

The 4v4 modes are not intended to be played on pure skill, they ARE designed with an element of time invested (prestige) for better gear that ONLY affects those modes.

Why is that so hard for people to understand?

I can understand someone not liking it, but arguing it is ridiculous. It's like going into a restaurant and arguing the menu choices. Go somewhere else if it's not to your liking. The devs never HID anything about this game, it was all clearly on display.

Now, if people think they have solid feedback on how to make the game better - feel free to provide thati n the feedback sections.

Tr1stesse
03-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Hat nicht verstanden.

Lol! You serious gonna start in german now, hoping to make a point without me understanding it?

Ever heard off google translate ..

You silly man!

Pope138
03-07-2017, 04:23 PM
I don't hate the gear system, but feel it's completely extraneous. It only exists to drive microtransactions. At least you don't have to spend money to get the gear--steel is easy enough to earn.

Tr1stesse
03-07-2017, 04:30 PM
Except it's not an accomplishment at all to have said gear, and it doesn't even feel like a grind (talk about grind to a MMO / H'n'S player ...).
You don't even need to actively play to have it (and that's what people do nowadays with domonion AI).

So it doesn't even have something rewarding nor fulfilling neither, and as you quickly see that it doesn't take any kind of skill to obtain it, and that it doesn't bring any kind of new gameplay layers or depth to the game, you realise that the only real purpose of said gear is just to try to maintain players on a wheel (bad obvious MMORPG design) to try to keep them playing.

Well atleast I can agree on that! Wich is, I think, a fair statement.

But like I said, it is what it is .. if you wanna play on skill, there is always 1v1 and 2v2. 4v4 is just a little extra ..

And the whole gear thing also gives the game a fun factor, there is a positive side to it aswell.

Tr1stesse
03-07-2017, 04:32 PM
The "fighting game" portion of this game is 1v1 duel and 2v2 brawl.

The 4v4 modes are not intended to be played on pure skill, they ARE designed with an element of time invested (prestige) for better gear that ONLY affects those modes.

Why is that so hard for people to understand?

I can understand someone not liking it, but arguing it is ridiculous. It's like going into a restaurant and arguing the menu choices. Go somewhere else if it's not to your liking. The devs never HID anything about this game, it was all clearly on display.

Now, if people think they have solid feedback on how to make the game better - feel free to provide thati n the feedback sections.

Finally someone with a brain!

Tr1stesse
03-07-2017, 04:38 PM
Just because your brain needs its carrot on a stick to produce serotonin doesn't mean it's a good choice. You might as well take cocaine for a better experience.. But that one is clearly bad.

I understand fully why they do it and i keep arguing that it's bad. Like it or not

I also understand why they do it. ( micro transactions) wich sucks for all off us!

But you where complaining that the game was unbalanced beceause off gear, wich is not the case.

1v1 and brawls are fine .. play that.

Cyb3rR4ptor
03-07-2017, 05:07 PM
This is a post i made in another thread. Still...

The problem with revenge gear Is not that "it's unbeatable" because you can defeat it.
And it's easy "ON PAPER" Also it is a norm that plagues every 4v4 now. Regardless of it can be defeated or not. It's usage has gone to ridiculous degrees, hard not to notice and do something about it as a Developer.

The problem lies in the cost and effort players have to put in order to deal with just 1 player. It is an incredible high reward/ low cost strategy

think all the aspects and strategies you have to do in order to deal with something that a single player can achieve.

Having a 108 revenge gear set means that ganking you is an incredible risk for the enemy team. The safest way for you to be taken out is by being defeated by an enemy player on a 1v1 situation. And in the case that the enemy does gank you they have to do it in a coordination. So those people who are matchmaking solo with no communication with their team have even less chances of success. This creates a lack of balance because you can gank, but you can't be ganked. Even if 1 single enemy player tries to take your accordingly having just 1 teammate try and go for a random gank can spell doom for both players.

Add that to the fact that the best play style on 1v1 situations is defensive play it means that even if the team decided to deal with you on 1v1s. Taking you out is going to be time consuming (given you are not taken out by environmental hazards) and time is not a luxury one has in 4v4s.

And this is just things a single player with revenge gear can achieve. Imagine 4?

There's also the seldom chance that a single enemy player can trigger your revenge mode.

With this game's constant connection issues. If your team has lost a player and replaced with a bot (which play by themselves no coordination applied) they will not hesitate on ganking. It can easily ruin the whole thing.

So what's the best option? Have revenge gear yourself. You already know this will lead to repetitive gameplay and monotonous games. Things get boring fast. The game's population goes on decline.

Also on the game as it is, 1v1/2v2 are filled with turtle strategies and nonstop parry to win gameplays.( That's a whole other topic). So players decide to go for a gametype more dynamic and engaging like 4v4s and then find that revenge gear is the norm. Making a "between a rock and a hard place" situation.

It also heals, and grants a defense shield. So let's say that the enemy does ganks you and you activate revenge. The enemy then decides to disengage and wait for your revenge to go. They just gave you health! if they try again. The just give you more health!

So let's recap here.
>You can gank, But you can't be ganked. (unless the enemy also has Revenge Gear)
>You are a target that takes time to take out. (EVEN IF BEING SUCCESSFULLY GANKED)
>Even on 1v1 revenge can be triggered.
>The only way around the strategy is to use it yourself. Creating redundancy within the game.
>It's either play revenge gear spam on 4v4s or play stare until you parry on 2v2/1v1.
>If used consecutively you are basically immortal.

It influences the game on unbearable degrees. How can a single feature have so much impact? The developers have to do something.

Many people fail to understand. Getting ganked is a RESULT of the teams overall actions, not a single individual. It's not something that the enemy team plans on doing to you and it succeeds everytime. You can't be ganked if the team stays together.

You got ganked because:
A) You (and your team) didn't pay attention to each others backs.
B) You took to long on a single enemy that back up arrived.
C) Your team abandoned you.
D) You abandoned your team.
E) You walked right into it. Whether willinlgy or without knowing.

If your enemy has your team on an endless respawn cycle. (Everytime a player respawns another player dies) You will always get ganked. If the enemy team has more players on the map than yours and you charge into battle. YOU ARE BOUND TO GET GANKED. Best you can do is wait for your team so spawn completely and take them out together. If you keep marching in as you respawn alone. All you will do is dies over and over.

I rarely get ganked when i have team members on map. I tend to stick with them. Most of my 1vX situations are because we lost the team fight and i'm the last one standing.

Now think of all the things that need to happen for you to avoid ganks. Which is something the enemy has to do as a team.
Play as a team.
Watch each others back
Never go to battle alone.

Revenge Gear is not OP you need to Git Gud = Ganks are not OP you need to Git Gud.
What's the difference.
Everyone has the ability to Gank and it takes more than 1 player to perform.
Not everyone has Revenge Gear (yet) and it takes only 1 player to perform.

There's your lack of balance for the whole thing.
Whether you're "skilled" or not. Whether it can be defeated or not. Revenge Gear is like an acting plague that needs to be dealt with. Not saying that it should be erased from the game or nerfed. But something has to be done about it.

The_B0G_
03-07-2017, 05:30 PM
The only thing I dislike about gear is the fact it all looks the same, with the LB he has 3 different styles of helmets, the only thing that varies between those is what style slits or holes are in the face plate.

With arm pieces they look even more alike, the only variences are whether or not theres no spikes, 3 spikes or 5 spikes come out of the shoulder part.

Then theres the chest pieces that have the least amount of change, they all have the same overall structure and look, the only thing that changes is, will it have spikes or studs or neither all over and will it be one massive chain with a medallion on it or 2 massive chains and theres 3 different neck guards, 2 look almost the exact same.

I think they did a pretty good job on weapons for variety and them looking different, but armor is seriously lacking. I have a Rep 7 LB and I see guys who haven't even hit Rep 1 on LB that look like they have gear thats just as good with a gear score of 10-15 when mine is at 104.

TLDR : Overall I think they could of done more to put different styles of armor in the game for higher levels, the way it is now you get the same 3 styles that are pretty similar and basic looking anyway and once you get a higher level they just add spikes or studs into it. The look of the gear never really changes as you go from GS 0 to GS 108.

Prophit618
03-07-2017, 06:51 PM

The problem with revenge gear Is not that "it's unbeatable" because you can defeat it.
And it's easy "ON PAPER" Also it is a norm that plagues every 4v4 now. Regardless of it can be defeated or not. It's usage has gone to ridiculous degrees, hard not to notice and do something about it as a Developer.

The problem lies in the cost and effort players have to put in order to deal with just 1 player. It is an incredible high reward/ low cost strategy

think all the aspects and strategies you have to do in order to deal with something that a single player can achieve.

Having a 108 revenge gear set means that ganking you is an incredible risk for the enemy team. The safest way for you to be taken out is by being defeated by an enemy player on a 1v1 situation. And in the case that the enemy does gank you they have to do it in a coordination. So those people who are matchmaking solo with no communication with their team have even less chances of success. This creates a lack of balance because you can gank, but you can't be ganked. Even if 1 single enemy player tries to take your accordingly having just 1 teammate try and go for a random gank can spell doom for both players.

Add that to the fact that the best play style on 1v1 situations is defensive play it means that even if the team decided to deal with you on 1v1s. Taking you out is going to be time consuming (given you are not taken out by environmental hazards) and time is not a luxury one has in 4v4s.

And this is just things a single player with revenge gear can achieve. Imagine 4?

There's also the seldom chance that a single enemy player can trigger your revenge mode.

With this game's constant connection issues. If your team has lost a player and replaced with a bot (which play by themselves no coordination applied) they will not hesitate on ganking. It can easily ruin the whole thing.

So what's the best option? Have revenge gear yourself. You already know this will lead to repetitive gameplay and monotonous games. Things get boring fast. The game's population goes on decline.

Also on the game as it is, 1v1/2v2 are filled with turtle strategies and nonstop parry to win gameplays.( That's a whole other topic). So players decide to go for a gametype more dynamic and engaging like 4v4s and then find that revenge gear is the norm. Making a "between a rock and a hard place" situation.

It also heals, and grants a defense shield. So let's say that the enemy does ganks you and you activate revenge. The enemy then decides to disengage and wait for your revenge to go. They just gave you health! if they try again. The just give you more health!

So let's recap here.
>You can gank, But you can't be ganked. (unless the enemy also has Revenge Gear)
>You are a target that takes time to take out. (EVEN IF BEING SUCCESSFULLY GANKED)
>The only way around the strategy is to use it yourself. Creating redundancy within the game.
>It's either play revenge gear spam on 4v4s or play stare until you parry on 2v2/1v1.

It influences the game on unbearable degrees. How can a single feature have so much impact? The developers have to do something.

Many people fail to understand. Getting ganked is a RESULT of the teams overall actions, not a single individual. It's not something that the enemy team plans on doing to you and it succeeds everytime. You can't be ganked if the team stays together.

You got ganked because:

If your enemy has your team on an endless respawn cycle. (Everytime a player respawns another player dies) You will always get ganked. If the enemy team has more players on the map than yours and you charge into battle. YOU ARE BOUND TO GET GANKED. Best you can do is wait for your team so spawn completely and take them out together. If you keep marching in as you respawn alone. All you will do is dies over and over.

I rarely get ganked when i have team members on map. I tend to stick with them. Most of my 1vX situations are because we lost the team fight and i'm the last one standing.

Now think of all the things that need to happen for you to avoid ganks. Which is something the enemy has to do as a team.
Play as a team.
Watch each others back

Revenge Gear is not OP you need to Git Gud = Ganks are not OP you need to Git Gud.
What's the difference.

Whether you're "skilled" or not. Whether it can be defeated or not. Revenge Gear is like an acting plague that needs to be dealt with. Not saying that it should be erased from the game or nerfed. But something has to be done about it.

This is probably the only really well thought out examination of why Revenge Gear is problematic. Much respect my friend.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
03-07-2017, 07:45 PM
FH is not a grind game. Monster Hunter is a grind game. 8 hours for max level gear is a joke.

Cyb3rR4ptor
03-07-2017, 08:00 PM
FH is not a grind game. Monster Hunter is a grind game. 8 hours for max level gear is a joke.

MH1 tail cutting plate runs GG.

Tr1stesse
03-08-2017, 08:58 AM

So let's recap here.

You got ganked because:

Play as a team.
Watch each others back

What's the difference.

Getting ganked by 4 ppl, without revenge, I would like to see how you handle that!?

Again! I don't agree with anything you say, you say its risky to gank someone with max gear, wich is true, but thank god for that! Because imagine the alternative, wich is being ganged by 1,2,3 or 4 ppl without the concept of revenge. It would be like a truck driving over a baby bunny.

You act like the revenge part is taking away the skill part in 4v4 mode, wich would mean that " ganking " is a skill.

There is no skill in ganking up 1 person with a few, without revenge the player that is being ganked would be completly 100% defenceless.

The beauty of revenge and max gear is that EVERYONE can get it, so the only thing you have to do is invest the time to get the gear, wich will, bring you on par with other maxed out players.

Me and my team yesterday fought, for the first time, a enemy team with all lvl 108 gear, it was amazing, it was hard, we had to work for every single kill.

And even tho we all had revenge fast ( my team is maxed out aswell ) we still had to play with more skill then ever before, it was even harder then ever to avoid getting raped. But we where all on par " gear wise ". So taking away revenge just beceause YOU don't have the gear yet and it there for feels unbalanced for YOU is not a good argument.

You all talk about wanting to be on par with the enemy, but what you really want is to NOT being forced to grind the gear ... if you wanna be on par gear wise, , get the gear. simple as that ..

That gear doesnt count in 1v1 and 2v2 brawls I understand, but in 4v4 where the chances are that you getting ganked by 4 ppl, you just NEED revenge to SURVIVE. In 4v4n if getting ganked, you getting gb, someone trows you on the floor,smack you against the wall, you get interrupted 500 times because 3 guys are hitting you, without revenge ... you are helpless, wich the whole reason ubisoft implemented the revenge mode.

Just get the gear and stop being a lazy ****er.

Tr1stesse
03-08-2017, 09:25 AM
When itīs so much more fun on high level gear, then why just donīt make every character that strong in the first place? Why do i need to fight a worse game for the first 20 hours or so? and why do i need to play a supar character in brawl and duels?

I agree with you 100% that the matchmaking schould be better, although it is fun the be the guy with the gear and owning low geared ppl, winning because of the speed you getting revenge, even tho that player is maybe better, is not fun for the low geared person. So yes, the matchmaking schould be better.
But I do think that this will improve with the whole ranking mode that is coming, am not sure if gear will be on or off, but this will balance it out.

Your points still hold no merit and you have no clue about competitive gaming. I can see that progress is a nice feature in a game but not in a game in which people compete.

For Honor compete model is not even implemented, ranked mode will be added on a later date.
If you do wanna " compete " at this moment, there is 1v1 and 2v2. In ranked mode am pretty sure 4v4 will be better balanced aswell.

i know that it sounds like a cool addition to a game for a scrub.. but thatīs only when you have no desire for fairplay

Am talking to you for quite a while now, explain me PLEASE, what is fair in ganking up 1 person with 4 ppl. Where isthe fairplay? How will you defend yourself without revenge

Cyb3rR4ptor
03-08-2017, 04:51 PM
Getting ganked by 4 ppl, without revenge, I would like to see how you handle that!?

Again! I don't agree with anything you say, you say its risky to gank someone with max gear, wich is true, but thank god for that! Because imagine the alternative, wich is being ganged by 1,2,3 or 4 ppl without the concept of revenge. It would be like a truck driving over a baby bunny.

You act like the revenge part is taking away the skill part in 4v4 mode, wich would mean that " ganking " is a skill.

There is no skill in ganking up 1 person with a few, without revenge the player that is being ganked would be completly 100% defenceless.

The beauty of revenge and max gear is that EVERYONE can get it, so the only thing you have to do is invest the time to get the gear, wich will, bring you on par with other maxed out players.

Me and my team yesterday fought, for the first time, a enemy team with all lvl 108 gear, it was amazing, it was hard, we had to work for every single kill.

And even tho we all had revenge fast ( my team is maxed out aswell ) we still had to play with more skill then ever before, it was even harder then ever to avoid getting raped. But we where all on par " gear wise ". So taking away revenge just beceause YOU don't have the gear yet and it there for feels unbalanced for YOU is not a good argument.

You all talk about wanting to be on par with the enemy, but what you really want is to NOT being forced to grind the gear ... if you wanna be on par gear wise, , get the gear. simple as that ..

That gear doesnt count in 1v1 and 2v2 brawls I understand, but in 4v4 where the chances are that you getting ganked by 4 ppl, you just NEED revenge to SURVIVE. In 4v4n if getting ganked, you getting gb, someone trows you on the floor,smack you against the wall, you get interrupted 500 times because 3 guys are hitting you, without revenge ... you are helpless, wich the whole reason ubisoft implemented the revenge mode.

Just get the gear and stop being a lazy ****er.

Who would I survive a gank? Same way I did in the beta. Hold my best and call for back up. Like i said in the main post. Teamwork beats ganks also. No need for a panic button.

You failed to understand something I made very very clear at the beggining of the post. which says REVENGE GEAR not REVENGE. The problem is with the Revenge Gear Sets. Not with the core concepts of Revenge.

Never in the whole post did i mention or brought up the topic of skill. Why? Skill is arbitrary, something game developers can't measure or have any control of it. So when making proper balance fixes or proper patches for the games mechanics, characters or properties thinking about skill is a waste of time. There will always be special snowflakes that brake the margins making things incredibly complex to deal with. So best is to taking account that everybody's skill level is the same. You mention that Ganking doesn't take skill. It doesn't. But neither does having a Revenge Gear Set.
But Ganking comes at a higher cost than having Revenge Gear.
It takes more 2 or more people to succesffuly gank. Meaning that there are blind spots in the map you can use to take advantage of. Power ups/Objective points.
It only take 1 person to use Revenge Gear. Where is the drawback?

The beauty of revenge gear max is that Everyone WILL get it. And when I say "WILL" I mean literally. Evidently, there is no better gear set than that. I already said why this is a bad thing. *redundancy* Now imagine yourself as a developer of the game and you gave the game 17 mechanics. After launch players discover that out of all the mechanics only 2 of them are extremely useful and more rewarding than the rest. This basically means that the other 15 mechanics will not even be looked at. You as a game developer would most probably maybe hopefully do something about those 2 mechanics or the other 15. Take your pic.

In any case the developers already stated that they will work on tweaking the whole concept of Revenge and Revenge Gear.

I've played my fair share of MMOs, RPG, etc. I don't mind the grind. How can anybody boast about doing "the grind" when there is no proof that they actually went through it? How can anyone tell you or anyone else reached high reputation rank and gear rank by just AFKin on AI games? So please spare me the grind. Something that developers must also take into account. If someone let's say on June decides to try this game out. He will have an horrendous time playing PVP 4v4s. Even if the player doesn't mind the Grind. Will probably mind the constant losing to players with higher GS. Unless committed to AI games until reaching a competente level. Given how the matchmaking works, i think the developers will be compelled to do something about it. If they want the game to survive.

You don't agree with the FACTs I presented. Of course you don't. You "grinded" in order to reach the top of HIGH SKILL REVENGE GEAR MASTER RACE. Taking away the core feature "fast revenge mode activated" from the game is like spitting in your face for all your effort. Even I would be mad, but then again I knew better, I'm currently REP 4 and Gear rank on 87, always had a feeling that Revenge Gear will get what's coming to it, clearly it will. This is why i didn't want to max my Gear, probably will but not by dropping all my loot on it.

Again, I say, Revenge is not the problem. Revenge Gear is.

itsPlanB
03-08-2017, 05:04 PM
What do you think would fix the issue with the gear? I hear people complain about it all the time. I personally never run into a problem with it, but obviously others do. How would you fix the issue with the gear?

Again, I say, Revenge is not the problem. Revenge Gear is.

Altair_Snake
03-08-2017, 10:03 PM
Revenge Gear Stats (combined) have bigger quantitative effect than other stats. Revenge Attack reaches 96% improvement. It's way way more than any other stat. And if you have Revenge Gain by Injury even as a secondary stat, I'm pretty sure you can easily pop it in 1v1 and heal a lot, even if people run away from you and you don't kill anyone.

I think the best fix would be to decrease the effect of Revenge Gear, specially on Attack and Gain by Injury.

Cyb3rR4ptor
03-09-2017, 02:06 AM
What do you think would fix the issue with the gear? I hear people complain about it all the time. I personally never run into a problem with it, but obviously others do. How would you fix the issue with the gear?

How would I fix it? Interesting question.
On revenge
What I would do is give it a cooldown. Like, your revenge bar wont fill at least 30 seconds after your currente revenge mode fades. This would have the least impact on players who use the strategy, and give an ease on dealing with it. Players can still use their revenge gear set but can no longer get revenge mode activated instantly one after the other.

On Gear.
In would grant a significant boos on Block Damage. Why? When had you ever blocked and attack and said "holy ****, i blocked that and still lust a chunk of health!" It helps deal with various issues.

>Imagine playing against someone who uses revenge gear but your block damage is so high that if you do well on your job, your opponent would be dead before the bar activates.
>Which now means that Block Damage Resistance is a big deal now. Giving a buff to Block damage consequently gives more meaning to block damage resistance. Making both these stats something for players to consider heavily.
>Even outside of the Gear Set issues. Giving block damage a buff helps out on dealing with turtles and high defensive play on 1v1 or 2v2. I would also grant some sort of damage dealt even while a player parries, further helping out the offensive game.

I must admit, that even though this could help out with the current gear issues. It CAN lead to another set of issues. So i cannot guarantee it's a complete fix. But it's a start. I do not know that the developers have in mind for the game or it's course I can only hope that whatever they plan to do. Truly works on the benefit of all. *currently loving how the Valk is going after the update*
I hope my response is to your understanding.