PDA

View Full Version : Legendary, more like exclusionary. Raider discussion!

Sixpounder66
02-28-2017, 09:02 PM
Its no news that Raider is the least favorable character to pick at a high skill rank, but I wanted to open this up as a discussion so we can get ideas out there to make Raider a class worth picking. It would be really cool to see him in tournaments, but the way he plays right now its just too risky. Constructive feedback only, lets make raider legendary again!

BuckeyeKnight1
02-28-2017, 09:04 PM
I LOVE playing the Raider. Especially once geared out to my style of play.

Icetower
02-28-2017, 09:13 PM
Working on my Raider now to be my fourth at Rep 1. I dig it.

BearKaji
02-28-2017, 09:16 PM
the only thing i think he really needs is a good opener and his ligths a bit faster

adamacl22
02-28-2017, 09:28 PM
I main the raider and for me he needs only one thing, that is a reward for a parry into a guard break. At current both other vanguards if they guard break you can get a heavy of you can't as the raider.

The throw to the floor is not a fantastic idea as you don't get much from it.

Villanelle__
02-28-2017, 10:01 PM
I main the raider and for me he needs only one thing, that is a reward for a parry into a guard break. At current both other vanguards if they guard break you can get a heavy of you can't as the raider.

The throw to the floor is not a fantastic idea as you don't get much from it.

Agree. Only time Raider shines is when opponent is out of stamina. Than you can do like 80% of damage if your zone attack feints the opponent. You can get a side heavy if you throw someone to the wall but again, it has to be throw to the side and wall must not be too close. This is the only damage Raider can do without a risk. He highly relies on parries which means there is nothing but mind games. Literally you have no tools with Raider but mind games. Maybe thats why I absolutely love playing with him.