PDA

View Full Version : My honest review, second day into the game

SuperJoule
02-28-2017, 09:46 AM
First and foremost let me just say that the game does not get *ANY* bonus points for being exclusive on Uplay, out of all the game programs it is by far the one who feels the most cheap, and the least enjoyable to play on.

Now, the game crashes a lot. If this is not fixed pretty soon, I'm not gonna keep playing, I just lost a game I won, because the game crashed.
It crashes when I click out to world map, it crashes in mid game, and I have a pretty nice rig with 1070GTX, i7 Skylake CPU, 6TB WD BLack HDD, 500 GB SSD, 16GB DDR4 RAM
And some personal modifications, Gold PSU & Audio card etc.

It is *NOT* on my end.
It is actually game breaking.

Secondly is the maps, the maps are just horrible, they want cheesy gameplay and will leave you in a throwout duel for most of the maps, I like that they're part of the game. But, IT'S TOO MUCH OF IT. It shouldnt be what players are trying to do when the duel starts, it doesn't leave for exciting gameplay, it's just frustrating and honestly not fun at all.
I have not seen anyone who thinks it is very much fun either, people I've talked to ingame, or streamers I have watched. (Yes, fun that it's in the game, not fun that it's too much and at the beginning of duels.)

The skill gap is to big, I started yesterday and I got placed vs people who have played since launch. This is a punishing move by the game, as if I wasnt really really good at games such as tekken, I'd most likely just quit already because the game was to punishing to play, luckily I beat some of the guys who have played since launch, but I doubt a lot of players who are casuals at Fighting games can do that.

The game in and of itself is really fun, but the three problems listed above is actually pretty gamebreaking, it's not new player friendly, it's frustrating for repeat gameplay & the crashes just makes you not want to boot the game up again.

I have always loved fighting games, and I really like Viking vs. Knight vs. Samurai it's a blast, and it's awesome to play with your friend.
Even though it kicks you out of the group everytime you have to search for a new match, which is stupid. And buggy, and makes it a bit of a chore to play.

So, yes I like the game. Yes, I'll boot it up from time to time, but you need to fix the issues, it's essential.

Charmzzz
02-28-2017, 10:01 AM
First and foremost let me just say that the game does not get *ANY* bonus points for being exclusive on Uplay, out of all the game programs it is by far the one who feels the most cheap, and the least enjoyable to play on.

Now, the game crashes a lot. If this is not fixed pretty soon, I'm not gonna keep playing, I just lost a game I won, because the game crashed.
It crashes when I click out to world map, it crashes in mid game, and I have a pretty nice rig with 1070GTX, i7 Skylake CPU, 6TB WD BLack HDD, 500 GB SSD, 16GB DDR4 RAM
And some personal modifications, Gold PSU & Audio card etc.

It is *NOT* on my end.
It is actually game breaking.

Secondly is the maps, the maps are just horrible, they want cheesy gameplay and will leave you in a throwout duel for most of the maps, I like that they're part of the game. But, IT'S TOO MUCH OF IT. It shouldnt be what players are trying to do when the duel starts, it doesn't leave for exciting gameplay, it's just frustrating and honestly not fun at all.
I have not seen anyone who thinks it is very much fun either, people I've talked to ingame, or streamers I have watched. (Yes, fun that it's in the game, not fun that it's too much and at the beginning of duels.)

The skill gap is to big, I started yesterday and I got placed vs people who have played since launch. This is a punishing move by the game, as if I wasnt really really good at games such as tekken, I'd most likely just quit already because the game was to punishing to play, luckily I beat some of the guys who have played since launch, but I doubt a lot of players who are casuals at Fighting games can do that.

The game in and of itself is really fun, but the three problems listed above is actually pretty gamebreaking, it's not new player friendly, it's frustrating for repeat gameplay & the crashes just makes you not want to boot the game up again.

I have always loved fighting games, and I really like Viking vs. Knight vs. Samurai it's a blast, and it's awesome to play with your friend.
Even though it kicks you out of the group everytime you have to search for a new match, which is stupid. And buggy, and makes it a bit of a chore to play.

So, yes I like the game. Yes, I'll boot it up from time to time, but you need to fix the issues, it's essential.

Uhm, concerning Bugs, maybe have a look here:

http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1434-Community-Support

And, no offense, going to a Forum and yelling "Fix your damn game" without providing information on the error code you get or your DXDIAG or literally ANYTHING is, well, kinda stupid...

Concerning the Map-Design: almost every Map has a corner where environmentals are not possible. Just look around... Or train your Counter-Guard-Breaks.

Skill-Gap too big, well, if you start ANY game 2 weeks after release, people will be ahead of you. I experience 2 types of people: the cry-babies and the barbarians.

The first ones will whine about "OP this, OP that", run to the forums and open a thread or something.
The other ones know they are behind everybody else, and they know since Matchmaking cannot miraculously create Noobs for them they have to "git gud".

Anyway, I don't like threads like these, especially when they begin with "second day into the game". FYI: game does not "crash" alot for me. Especially not when I'm in a Match. Maybe it is your Internet Connection and not your rig? Thought about that? ;)

SuperJoule
02-28-2017, 10:24 AM
lmao, people like you are fun on forums.

It's kinda stupid to ask me to post the crash message, when I don't get a crash message, because I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL to get out of the game, and reboot it.

Also, if you could read the headline, it's my review after two days in the game.

Saying "just practice" is what? You telling me to stop playing? Because thats how you grow a player base! lmao.

And the skill gap is because of the lack of mmr.

If you go into any competetive game, you usually start out with other people who have just started playing.

I get you're making excuses, but they're weak, extremely weak.

This is a review of how I feel the game is, or whether or not I would recommend it.
As per today, I wouldnt. And honestly posts like that are neither wanted, needed or productive, as you just rant on without getting a sense of what it is I'm saying.

rcwd
02-28-2017, 10:53 AM
It's not like your post was any more productive than his. There are ai versions of every mode, people beat you because they are better, "just practice" is an actual solution for you. The game crashes alot for you? considering I haven't seen very many posts regarding crashing it is extremely likely that it is on your end. The maps are horrible is also subjective since they aren't actually horrible and a lot of us quite like if not dont mind the maps. You're complaints about the map are about environmental kills, learn to counter gb and you never have to worry about being thrown in a hole again.

troops_2015
02-28-2017, 11:34 AM
For many months there has been threads about matchmaking and stability.

Some people try to defend it by saying 'i don't see it so it doesn't exist'

Good review btw, spot on.

RatedChaotic
02-28-2017, 11:46 AM
There are many threads on the issues you have. Some of the above believe if they dont have these issues then nobody does. Which is a noob mindset.

SuperJoule
02-28-2017, 02:17 PM
It's not like your post was any more productive than his. There are ai versions of every mode, people beat you because they are better, "just practice" is an actual solution for you. The game crashes alot for you? considering I haven't seen very many posts regarding crashing it is extremely likely that it is on your end. The maps are horrible is also subjective since they aren't actually horrible and a lot of us quite like if not dont mind the maps. You're complaints about the map are about environmental kills, learn to counter gb and you never have to worry about being thrown in a hole again.

I'm not in anyway saying "I lose because of imbalance, or I lose because of this or that"

I'm not hating on losing! Losing is a part of the game! How can you say my post isnt more productive when you don't grasp my point?

My point is that the matchmaking rating (mmr) doesn't exist, and when you're a brand new shiny player and you face experienced players that's offputting.
In psychology we call that a punishing behavior, because it's not productive.

Theres a reason why we don't teach theoretical phsyics to kindergarden students.

That is my point, and I don't think it's a bad point at all. Or a rage point, it's just a point!
And guess what, the point stands! :)

Also, I know it's not on my end.

How do I know this? Because there's a bunch of posts on the community support that confirms this, + I don't have this problem on any other game.

The maps being overly emphasized on cheese being a bad thing, is subjective, yes. We agree, but like I said. I have yet to meet someone in the game or a streamer, like Cohh etc, who doesn't find it to be overly done.

Also, the reason I posted my review so early after I started playing the game, is because maybe it can help understand why the number of people playing on PC has dropped, it was a genuine attempt to help out a game I like :)

Braegulfer
02-28-2017, 02:26 PM
The stability issues are spot on, and I understand your frustration. Sure the MM leaves something to be desired but the learning curve is vertical. I would spend some serious time against ai if you want to avoid losing constantly at first, but hey, that's also how you learn. The environmental hazard deaths are not that big an issue as you get stronger at the game, so don't let them bug you too much. Give it some more time--sure there are some frustrating elements, but the feeling of elation you get when it all comes together is pretty fantastic as well and the reason I continue to sink mad hours into this game.

I think the reasons were losing pc players is threefold.

1. connectivity issues and resultant frustration
2. natural "new game" drop-off that always happens
3.skill...takes a lot and losing in this game is super frustrating...it's not casual friendly, at all. I love this element of it but I see a LOT of people post and complain that quite obviously are having a hard time dealing with losing due to lack of skill and lashing out at any number of issues (there ARE issues with the game, but it's kind of obvious when its a l2p issue). I don't think you're doing the latter, at all, seemed like a pretty fair analysis of early game experience.

MyNameIsMicheal
02-28-2017, 04:25 PM
Not trying to be rude, but what good is a review 2 days into the game...forever and a day after it has come out and those that are going to get the game has already gotten it and those that still want to get the game has had info from beta and tons of new info from launch?

Any complaint you can have about the game has already been discussed to death on the forums.

Just seems like a veiled attempt to complain.