PDA

View Full Version : LEGAL QUESTION: Does UBI owe me a for a blown speaker?

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 07:09 PM
This is very disturbing. I was flying along last night with the volume set low since my wife was sleeping in the other room. As I approached some ships the LOUDEST noise I have ever heard from my computer erupted! It scared the excriment out of me and it woke my wife up.

After recovering from my shock, and an angry wife who was disturbed from deep sleep by "that stupid computer game!", I noticed that my right BOSE speaker was emitting a crackling sound. It cracks even when I play analog radio (no computer involvement) through it.

This is rediculous. I have never had software damage hardware before. BOSE speakers are expensive as well! Before I read through the endless legalese inthe licence agreement I was wondering if anyone can make sense of it all.

The licence agreement probably excludes them from all liability since companies spend big bucks for lawyers to shield them from their mistakes. But maybe not. Could someone shed some light on this?

I should probably sue for the hearing aid I will probably need! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Thanks,
Col. Tibbetts

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 07:09 PM
This is very disturbing. I was flying along last night with the volume set low since my wife was sleeping in the other room. As I approached some ships the LOUDEST noise I have ever heard from my computer erupted! It scared the excriment out of me and it woke my wife up.

After recovering from my shock, and an angry wife who was disturbed from deep sleep by "that stupid computer game!", I noticed that my right BOSE speaker was emitting a crackling sound. It cracks even when I play analog radio (no computer involvement) through it.

This is rediculous. I have never had software damage hardware before. BOSE speakers are expensive as well! Before I read through the endless legalese inthe licence agreement I was wondering if anyone can make sense of it all.

The licence agreement probably excludes them from all liability since companies spend big bucks for lawyers to shield them from their mistakes. But maybe not. Could someone shed some light on this?

I should probably sue for the hearing aid I will probably need! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Thanks,
Col. Tibbetts

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 07:10 PM
ofcourse UBI is not liabel. silly you /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 07:12 PM
Col -

I can relate to your plight. Though I didn't blow a speaker, I almost crapped myself the first time I heard that flak explosion post patch. I now were a diaper until the sound issue is fixed. In terms of liability, call Johnny Cochran - he'll get you a new Bose system at Ubi's expense.

stubby

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 07:29 PM
I feel for ya, too. I was flying a bomber the other night and almost like clockwork every 10 minutes or so, I would get this huge bang or explosion sound, very echo-like. It was happening in another plane, too, but I can't remember which. I almost had a heart attack the first time it happened.

It's as annoying as the 10x louder sound you get at the arming screen when first joining a server sometimes. I hope this gets fixed. No sounds should be louder than the game's volume is set to.

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 07:30 PM
I was thinking of suing ubi for the emotional distress caused by these same loud explosions during use of the game.

I am now a total mental wreck and have been unable to work since hearing them.

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 07:32 PM
Only joking ubi /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 08:11 PM
To hell with the speakers. I usually play with head-phones and coms. I want them to subsidize the ear drum repair operation I had to schedule for this Friday!

I don't need "depends" because I can't hear poo poo now!

http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/_uimages/p47atm.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 08:14 PM
NO. UBI owes you jack. I have Bose speakers, too. If I blow them, I buy new ones - end of story.

Stop looking for every little way to get something for free out of everyone you meet.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res0yn9h/notpostcount.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 08:15 PM
FB is causing "SHELL SHOCK" he said very loudly

http://mysite.freeserve.com/fbscreenshots/images/0-picture.jpg

"LOOK MUM NO HANDS"

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 08:38 PM
WHAT!!!

SPEAK UP!!

HUH!!!

A LITTLE LOUDER PLEASE!!

This is my new routine when someone talks to me!!

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 08:40 PM
Yeah i will sue ubi too for making me addicted to this game....

Lets make a class-action suit haha /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Dont use a headphone! Better the Bose goes to heaven than your eardrums... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<center> http://members.home.nl/lil.labbit/Animation1.gif
Night is better than Day</center>

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 08:43 PM
BPond wrote:
- NO. UBI owes you jack. I have Bose speakers, too.
- If I blow them, I buy new ones - end of story.
-
- Stop looking for every little way to get something
- for free out of everyone you meet.
-

Relax Dude. This thread obviously has a tongue-in-cheek air about it. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/_uimages/p47atm.gif