PDA

View Full Version : So honest and decent players are yet again the ones being punished...

neogeo___
02-27-2017, 08:41 PM
I'm mostly in this game for dueling

Haven't the time to put in and keep up with the bandwagon in terms of gear stats, so team based game modes are pretty much not a option for me. Plus I enjoy playing multiple chars and I'm not about to grind gear for a single one of them so I can actually be competitive against the 108 legendary gear sets

For the last 2/3 days I can only lose duels. The ones I'm winning or about to win always have ppl leaving, these players used to be replaced by a bot (which I always thought was dumb and should be counted as a forfeit and straight win for the player that stays) but now the game just crashes and I get an error message.

It's basically pointless to play, if you win you actually don't, you're just losing your time. If you lose and don't rage quit you're probably awarding a win to someone that is rage quitting when they lose, which is absolutely unfair.

This should have been sorted out before release, but really needs to be fixed asap. Stats translate to nothing, what you can learn from someone with high K/D and W/L ratios is that he is pretty much a cancer of the community and contributes to the constant crashes via rage quitting to stat padding.
Remove stats all together, make them just count for the upcoming ranked mode and make this constant rage quitting stop.

The only ones getting frustrated and put off from playing the games are the one's like myself that never rage quit. But I honestly might as well start doing what over 90% of players in duel seem to be doing. It's a cancer indeed, problem is it spreads and although I don't care for stats I can honestly say that I resent the fact players with better stats than me got them dishonestly for the biggest part of them. I specially resent the fact that when I lose I'm probably granting the win to someone that is actively denying it to others every time he gets beat.

At the moment game is not fun. Played 10 duels today so far, 9 crashes from desync when opponent rage quitted and a single win from another decent player than isn't intoxicating the lobby.

Why even bother? seriously

Sirrkas
02-27-2017, 08:50 PM
Gear stats rarely matter. The whole enemy team had blue gear and mine had a max of about 20, they still got stomped in domination. I also was able, to fight two of them at the same time. The game is even with gear more about skill than equipment, all their equip gives them also disadvantages.

Yes, that about bot replacement sounds like an issue. But I rarely encountered people leaving duels against me. Regardless if they were about to lose or win.

Earl_Lemongrab
02-27-2017, 08:57 PM
Gear stats rarely matter. The whole enemy team had blue gear and mine had a max of about 20, they still got stomped in domination. I also was able, to fight two of them at the same time. The game is even with gear more about skill than equipment, all their equip gives them also disadvantages.

Yes, that about bot replacement sounds like an issue. But I rarely encountered people leaving duels against me. Regardless if they were about to lose or win.

"Gear stats rarely matter". We had a (6) Nobushi in the Enemy team and she was able to 1 hit 4 of our players with ONE SINGLE area attack!

dayLockey
02-27-2017, 08:58 PM
That's definitely something that confuses me, people's infatuation with their "stats" in For Honor. I know for a fact that no one from any game I came from cares about how stats are calculated right now. You get credit for killing AI BOTS and you salvage your precious W/L% and KDA by simply leaving the game before it ends.

TBH when I see or hear people talk about win% or KD in any gametype I can almost immediately identify them as either an exploiter or a BOT farmer. STATS DO NOT MATTER.

I agree with you on games where someone leaves should award the person who stayed an automatic win. I've never understood the BOT replacement or the fact that this game is utterly devoid of any kind of leaver penalty at all.

neogeo___
02-27-2017, 09:03 PM

Let's not be naive, of course they do matter. Specially if they're a high damage and revenge gain gear set. You need less hits in to kill, you get considerable damage even if you're attacks are blocked, you spend less stamina and are able to keep attacking, you regain stamina quicker etc. It will matter considerably. Sure team play may allow you to win, but the fact that you're at a disadvantage, a considerable one, does not change.

Anyway, I don't play duels because I don't have the gear for team based modes, I play them because I enjoy them the most, the fights are more skilled and intense. The balancing issues and strict meta do get in the way, but other than that I enjoy duels the most.
But being constantly denied wins when affording that courtesy to others is really starting to get to me. Example was an earlier match I started losing 0-2 today, opponent always being cordial and saying "good fight" at the end of each round. I managed to turn it around and get the draw in. The last round was going in my favor, had almost all my HP, opponent at critical, he leaves, crashes the game. So much for being a good sport.

Now I'm in here instead of playing because I'm genuinely frustrated of being denied 9 wins, mostly the XP and steel, but also the wins because I know I've been a good sport with my loses with ppl that don't show the same common courtesy to others.

This is what kills games and makes the community toxic beyond belief imho

neogeo___
02-27-2017, 09:09 PM
That's definitely something that confuses me, people's infatuation with their "stats" in For Honor. I know for a fact that no one from any game I came from cares about how stats are calculated right now. You get credit for killing AI BOTS and you salvage your precious W/L% and KDA by simply leaving the game before it ends.

TBH when I see or hear people talk about win% or KD in any gametype I can almost immediately identify them as either an exploiter or a BOT farmer. STATS DO NOT MATTER.

I agree with you on games where someone leaves should award the person who stayed an automatic win. I've never understood the BOT replacement or the fact that this game is utterly devoid of any kind of leaver penalty at all.

I honestly don't care about my stats. But I do resent ppl denying me steel and XP when they lose against me, and this has been happening constantly the last couple of days. The bot used to appear whenever ppl rage quitted, sure I had 1 or 2 loses from having so little HP left I couldn't kill the bot. But having the game crash and being denied my winnings is seriously broken and putting me off from playing the game.

Think something changed since the game was down with all those NAT errors from a couple of days ago, and now if someone leaves a duel they crash the game and the player staying is the one being punished. It's like granting a free trolling move to a community that showed massive rage quitting issues in all the tests this game had before release. How dumb can one actually be to not have a safeguard against this sort of behavior?

For me the solution would be simple, group these players in a lobby of their own and let them rage quit together and keep them from intoxicating the games of fair decent and honest players

Brave_Thunder
02-27-2017, 09:17 PM
I also play pretty much only duels(if you don't want ganks,go 1v1 they said),and while I see a good amount of rage quitters,the only thing that they do is make me happy for the round that I played.Rarely the game crashed for disconnects,it happens way more in 4v4 in my experience.

Stats...they will matter.When ranked will come,everyone will have his bragging rights upon those under his level,while receiving the same from those above him.Sadly people seem to care for them even now.I hope in some tweaks for duels(and I hope for an arena with less ledges,but it's unlikely) before it gets implemented,because make no mistakes:salt is coming.

neogeo___
02-27-2017, 09:50 PM
I also play pretty much only duels(if you don't want ganks,go 1v1 they said),and while I see a good amount of rage quitters,the only thing that they do is make me happy for the round that I played.Rarely the game crashed for disconnects,it happens way more in 4v4 in my experience.

Stats...they will matter.When ranked will come,everyone will have his bragging rights upon those under his level,while receiving the same from those above him.Sadly people seem to care for them even now.I hope in some tweaks for duels(and I hope for an arena with less ledges,but it's unlikely) before it gets implemented,because make no mistakes:salt is coming.

It doesn't crash at random, nor has it been laggy. It crashes while trying to resync after the player I'm facing left and had lost already (he was either falling to his death or had so few HP he gave up and rage quitted)

2 days ago a bot would of taken his place. But yesterday and specially today since I was able to play a bit more, the crashes are all that happens in duels for me when the opponent leaves, haven't seen a single bot replace a player in this time frame I mentioned

Brave_Thunder
02-27-2017, 10:25 PM
It doesn't crash at random, nor has it been laggy. It crashes while trying to resync after the player I'm facing left and had lost already (he was either falling to his death or had so few HP he gave up and rage quitted)

2 days ago a bot would of taken his place. But yesterday and specially today since I was able to play a bit more, the crashes are all that happens in duels for me when the opponent leaves, haven't seen a single bot replace a player in this time frame I mentioned

Strange every time it happens to me a bot starts to fight instantly...there is some code of error or the game just sends you back to the main menu?

DrExtrem
02-27-2017, 10:35 PM
"Gear stats rarely matter". We had a (6) Nobushi in the Enemy team and she was able to 1 hit 4 of our players with ONE SINGLE area attack!

M-m-m-m-multikill-l-l-l ....

neogeo___
02-28-2017, 12:08 AM
Strange every time it happens to me a bot starts to fight instantly...there is some code of error or the game just sends you back to the main menu?

There is yes, but I was dumb enough to never take a screenshot of it

I'll do it tomorrow if the problem persists, which I hope it doesn't but figure it will

EDIT: Played one more duel before calling it a night. Another rage quit to deny me the win, XP, steel and assets

Error message: "An error has occurred. Returning to main menu. (006000018)"

Sky-Sweeper
02-28-2017, 12:11 AM

I think it's because the stats they chose to effect directly relate to things like damage and resistance... If they were all something like sprint speed or feat cooldown reduction, I don't think wed have nearly the balance issue we do now.

fariic
02-28-2017, 12:16 AM
Having the gear doesn't mean you're good, it means you played long enough to reach rank 3 and get it.

I can't get a strict skill match, I have to wait 2 minutes to get into a match with a bunch of ranked and geared players who don't know what they're doing.

If you're doing good in 1v1's you can do well in the other modes as well. Just learn to back out of a fight when another person jumps in and starts handing revenge to the guy you were just in the process of putting a clinic on for.

People are putting to much weight on the gear number. The truth is, if you're not good without the gear, you're not going to be good with it.

Vordred
02-28-2017, 12:16 AM

Yes, that about bot replacement sounds like an issue. But I rarely encountered people leaving duels against me. Regardless if they were about to lose or win. you are half right, Gear stats in your situation don't matter. normal and rare (blue) gear don't make much of a noticeable difference, Heroic (purple) gear. makes a massive difference. and really breaks the balance of the game. those in normal and rare gear are going to really struggle to compete.

and even if you all have purple gear, it still makes the game bad, because it all becomes about Revenge. it's no longer about duelling and skill, but all about Revenge and it's just not fun.

fariic
02-28-2017, 12:19 AM
you are half right, Gear stats in your situation don't matter. normal and rare (blue) gear don't make much of a noticeable difference, Heroic (purple) gear. makes a massive difference. and really breaks the balance of the game. those in normal and rare gear are going to really struggle to compete.

and even if you all have purple gear, it still makes the game bad, because it all becomes about Revenge. it's no longer about duelling and skill, but all about Revenge and it's just not fun.

If you can beat the blue geared buy, you can beat the 108.

It's not saving them in a 1v1, it's helping them in 2v1 and higher.

Guys, It puts me in matches with all 108s at ALL SKILL LEVELS and they aren't good!

They. Are. Not. Good.

Just don't double team them, and if you can win in 1v1's then you're most likely going to crush them with their 108GS.

neogeo___
02-28-2017, 12:22 AM
you are half right, Gear stats in your situation don't matter. normal and rare (blue) gear don't make much of a noticeable difference, Heroic (purple) gear. makes a massive difference. and really breaks the balance of the game. those in normal and rare gear are going to really struggle to compete.

ppl that only play one char and don't even think about playing anyother won't even see the problem. But of course there is one

Still the thread is being side tracked. It's not about how unreasonable the gear stats are, but about ppl rage quitting duels and denying the winnings (xp, gear, steel, assets) to the players that bested them and that also stay in match when they lose.

At least for me since the server trouble a couple of days ago it's all that I see, 90% of the times I win I'm denied the win because of rage quitting opponents

fariic
02-28-2017, 12:27 AM
ppl that only play one char and don't even think about playing anyother won't even see the problem. But of course there is one

Still the thread is being side tracked. It's not about how unreasonable the gear stats are, but about ppl rage quitting duels and denying the winnings (xp, gear, steel, assets) to the players that bested them and that also stay in match when they lose.

At least for me since the server trouble a couple of days ago it's all that I see, 90% of the times I win I'm denied the win because of rage quitting opponents

I main a Kensei that is R11. I alt an orochi, and nobu. I don't see your problem. I do ALMOST as well with my alts as my main, but not because of gear, because I've put around 5 days of play time into the kensei.

You can even catch me playing my Kensei in base gear.

neogeo___
02-28-2017, 12:28 AM
I main a Kensei that is R11. I alt an orochi, and nobu. I don't see your problem. I do ALMOST as well with my alts as my main, but not because of gear, because I've put around 5 days of play time into the kensei.

You can even catch me playing my Kensei in base gear.

Are you even reading?! omg

itsPlanB
02-28-2017, 12:31 AM
Video evidence?

Hellhound66
02-28-2017, 12:49 AM
I (rage-) quit when people are glitch using, sorry, I mean when they play the meta too hard. I want fair and intense fights, not some fuc.ked up unblockable/parryable combos, that can be repeated until death.
Sorry, then I am out.

I don't give a fuc.k about XP and metal anyway, both should be pushed out of the game. Or at least there should be a mode, where you only can fight with the standard unequiped hero. This P2W style (I know, you don't pay for it, but you get it, didn't you?) is annoying anyway.

RazhemUplay
02-28-2017, 12:49 AM
It clearly SUCKS that ragequits are denying you your spoils and should definitely be something people make a LOT of noise to get fixed. The rest of the people of the thread should stop obsessing about the damn clouds and focus on the fire in front of them.

neogeo___
02-28-2017, 01:55 AM
I (rage-) quit when people are glitch using, sorry, I mean when they play the meta too hard. I want fair and intense fights, not some fuc.ked up unblockable/parryable combos, that can be repeated until death.
Sorry, then I am out.

I don't give a fuc.k about XP and metal anyway, both should be pushed out of the game. Or at least there should be a mode, where you only can fight with the standard unequiped hero. This P2W style (I know, you don't pay for it, but you get it, didn't you?) is annoying anyway.

Not sure what you mean by "glitch using" in duel

there are some clear mechanics that pretty much ruin the gamemode, and overall game for that matter.

Ease of use and lack of actual timing requirement and stamina costs for assassins and the warden's ability to spam bash alternating with cancel into gb that for the precedent set for the warlord shouldn't be allowed for him.

But I'm not even playing these chars. As for the rest of your post I think that a very naive way of reasoning that you aren't part of the problem and what you're doing isn't wrong when in fact you are and it is.
Using the same logic "I'd be allowed" to rage quit and cost others the win and rewards for being a victim to this behavior so many times.

Yep, that's pretty much why the issue got as big as it is now and the gamemode is unplayable.

UbiJurassic
02-28-2017, 02:07 AM
Sorry to hear you are having to deal with rage quitters, neogeo. We've certainly heard everyone's frustrations regarding rage quitters and it is something we are looking to resolve. As for error code (006000018) you are getting, we are also aware and it is being investigated as well.

neogeo___
02-28-2017, 03:13 PM
Sorry to hear you are having to deal with rage quitters, neogeo. We've certainly heard everyone's frustrations regarding rage quitters and it is something we are looking to resolve. As for error code (006000018) you are getting, we are also aware and it is being investigated as well.

Ty for the reply and info. I guess it's reassuring to know you guys are aware of it and trying to fix it.

Cheers