PDA

View Full Version : Warlord is just broken in the hands of spammers

Zeo
02-27-2017, 04:57 PM
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Zeo/video/27572498

Literally what is wrong with the game currently.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Zeo/video/27572515

Hedabutt is massively overpowered, and notice the very end. I pressed X early, because he was out of stamina, and my timing was off. Untechable.

Take note of the 300 steps back I took.

Also note the Warlord's level. (Reputation 8)

He literally won the game 2x in a row, by throwing people off ledges. I avoided him the entire second game. He had massive revive speed, nearly instant, and I was thrown off a ledge by a Nobushi Kick. Showed me as Rezable, when I clearly was not. My teamates were killed because he bled the timer out, and won by points due to poor teamwork by my fellow teammates.

That is the unnecessary backstory.

TL;DR
Over9000KDA Throws Only Warlord.
Problem?

Pope138
02-27-2017, 05:05 PM
I can't watch your vids, but the counter for a warlords headbutt is a sidedodge.

Kharneth88
02-27-2017, 05:08 PM
Lol, OP, you got some more training to do.

Zeo
02-27-2017, 05:09 PM
@Pope, you main PK, don't you?

ThePollie
02-27-2017, 05:27 PM
You can actually dodge the headbutt, but the window is obscenely narrow, so it's pretty easy to abuse for unavoidable damage against anyone lacking in serious reflexes and discipline.

XORaptor0
02-27-2017, 05:28 PM
They can keep it spammable, but slow it down so we can react to it, and make the attack afterwards blockable.

*And also make failing to connect a headbutt punishable by a free guardbreak.

Goat3_Saeko
02-27-2017, 05:28 PM
You just stand there and wait for him to destroy you and the warlord is broken? You give him the opportunity to do this he do it.
I don't see something wrong to this...

Pope138
02-27-2017, 06:03 PM
@Pope, you main PK, don't you?

No, I main a Warlord. Only rep 2 and haven't even touched another hero. Why? What made you think I was PK?

default91
02-27-2017, 06:13 PM
No, I main a Warlord. Only rep 2 and haven't even touched another hero. Why? What made you think I was PK?

Probably because assassins have a wider window of dodge time, and he assumes your perspective is skewed as a result. Probably also because he hates you and Peacekeeper.

Kharneth88
02-27-2017, 06:16 PM
I play Peacekeeper.

I use hatred to fuel my fiery wings. My dagger loves the taste of your belly, please headbutt me so I can get that sweet, sweet execution because 90% of my attacks are heavy even though all I do is light attack spam.

hafeatnburito
02-27-2017, 06:44 PM
that 8,000 meter throw though!!!!!! Neckbeard got some good distance with that one

itsPlanB
02-27-2017, 06:54 PM
I always get so pissed when it happens to me. Then I play with my son and watch him do it to people and laugh. Yup I'm hypocritical sometimes. :(

that 8,000 meter throw though!!!!!! Neckbeard got some good distance with that one

Zeo
02-27-2017, 07:05 PM
Probably because assassins have a wider window of dodge time, and he assumes your perspective is skewed as a result. Probably also because he hates you and Peacekeeper.

PK's obscenely large side dodge range. Also, not "Easy" to dodge, due to it tracking worse than GB.

Edit: My bad, Default. That was intended to the neckbeard.

Valfrekr
02-27-2017, 07:33 PM
I can't watch your vids, but the counter for a warlords headbutt is a sidedodge.

Lol!

Nothing broke about this class.

Braegulfer
02-27-2017, 07:42 PM
Warlord and Conq are just a bad matchup for assassins, hopefully less so now that GB and zerker punish on light block are getting addressed.

Gotta add a rock to this game of paper/scissors.

zeshoot
02-27-2017, 08:10 PM
Another post to Devs from series "OMG OP,IMBA, BROKEN, NERF THAT I CAN'T PLAY AGAINST AND BUFF MY CHAR AND PLS MAKE UNBLOCKABLE 1 HIT KILL TO ME CAUSE I WANNA WIN BUT I DON'T LIKE TO PRACTICE" post.
GIT GUD Kiddo,stop whining.

Zeo
02-27-2017, 08:50 PM
Another post to Devs from series "OMG OP,IMBA, BROKEN, NERF THAT I CAN'T PLAY AGAINST AND BUFF MY CHAR AND PLS MAKE UNBLOCKABLE 1 HIT KILL TO ME CAUSE I WANNA WIN BUT I DON'T LIKE TO PRACTICE" post.
GIT GUD Kiddo,stop whining.

Take your *** out of here, scrub.

ipm204
02-27-2017, 09:03 PM

Hedabutt is massively overpowered, and notice the very end. I pressed X early, because he was out of stamina, and my timing was off. Untechable.

He literally won the game 2x in a row, by throwing people off ledges. I avoided him the entire second game. He had massive revive speed, nearly instant, and I was thrown off a ledge by a Nobushi Kick. Showed me as Rezable, when I clearly was not. My teamates were killed because he bled the timer out, and won by points due to poor teamwork by my fellow teammates.

TL;DR
Problem?

lol the head butt does ZERO damage. All it does is stagger you, you don't take ANY damage from a head butt.

ProfessorCookie
02-27-2017, 09:40 PM
Conquerer those this ten times worse. He has a similar charge, that rewards him with a heavy.

While Warlord gets a light attack.

All conquerers I see spamm it

Warlords I've seen mix it up.

And by the way, remember this is Dominion and therefore gear matters. He could have super high throw distance + what stops others from pushing him down? Everybody can do it, not just him

itsPlanB
02-27-2017, 09:54 PM
You literally just provided video proof that you're getting smashed and you're going to start calling other people scrubs. Don't lower yourself to their level. Just makes you look stupid and lessens your stance on your original post.

Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Take your *** out of here, scrub.

Munktor
02-27-2017, 10:46 PM
You can actually dodge the headbutt, but the window is obscenely narrow, so it's pretty easy to abuse for unavoidable damage against anyone lacking in serious reflexes and discipline.

To be fair, how many times did that Warlord need to throw a headbutt for the guy to realize a headbutt was coming? Not sure it's a matter of reflexes and discipline at that point.

He is also playing from the corner against a Warlord which is arguably the worst place to be. Especially when playing an assassin.

FRAKTICA
02-27-2017, 10:50 PM

It does not do any damage and eats stamina to use...

zeshoot
02-27-2017, 10:52 PM
You literally just provided video proof that you're getting smashed and you're going to start calling other people scrubs. Don't lower yourself to their level. Just makes you look stupid and lessens your stance on your original post.

Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

That is why I won't respond to him Mate cause its pointless.

Pope138
02-27-2017, 11:29 PM
If you go up against a warlord spamming headbutt, be thankful. That move devours stamina. He'll be drained in no time.

fariic
02-27-2017, 11:51 PM
Warlord, and a some other classes like valk, conq, and warden, under the right conditions can effectively get you stuck with a particular combo that you can't get out of until they mess the timing up. You can try dodging or poking to interrupt, but unless they mess up the timing the combo will have you stuck in a cycle where you're getting repeatedly staggered or knocked down.

It's obnoxious and cheap, and anyone that ever tied to play Fight Night online against someone that abused body blocking and the head bob mechanic should be having deja vu.

xRoguE-WolFx
02-28-2017, 12:34 AM
yuppppppp

Zeo
02-28-2017, 06:10 AM
lol the head butt does ZERO damage. All it does is stagger you, you don't take ANY damage from a head butt.

Guarenteed light, every time. (Unless light countered.) Please nerf Orochi's overhead GB combo tho. Smh.

Zeo
02-28-2017, 06:11 AM
Also, to clerify. I did this souly to prove a point. It was a lost match, and point was proven thusly:

You plebs will agree about the opposite about anything.

Zeo
02-28-2017, 06:17 AM
To be fair, how many times did that Warlord need to throw a headbutt for the guy to realize a headbutt was coming? Not sure it's a matter of reflexes and discipline at that point.

He is also playing from the corner against a Warlord which is arguably the worst place to be. Especially when playing an assassin.

Actually, boss. I did this purposefully to avoid being ledge thrown. See previous video where he BG spams, and I break every single one.

I BAITED him into the corner to find a tactic against it.

I learned that Orochi's Overhead Light is guarenteed damage, and when I became bored of it, I wanted to see how many heads a head butt could butt if a head butt could butt heads.

Seriously. You think I wanted to die due to a crummy GB system?

I could have murdered him in that situation easily. Its simply me, proving a point.

I did this all game, and as you can see, my allies are completely unaware of this, and I dont have time to train people to 'gitgud' as I am.

I was literally using this guy as a pawn, because bots don't spam, and I cant ask a warlord to come spam me because its cancerous to fair playstyle.

I cant even get your average Rep8 to learn how to GB counter.

Oy vey, you people are completely incompetent, and your responses reflect this.

To define for those of who who are unprivy to basic education ~

in·com·pe·tent
inˈkämpədənt/
adjective
not having or showing the necessary skills to do something successfully.

So, in the end, I'm saying you do not possess the skill to understand the sarcasm, and point of this topic regarding the information (or lack thereof) that you have provided in your responses.

What a dumpster fire.

;)

Zeo
02-28-2017, 06:23 AM

ALSO, to clarify... That corner was the best place to be in this regard. Orochi the assassin is the BEST place, backed into a corner, and clawing, ripping, shredding, tearing his way out. Since that is no option, and if I WERE to dodge a headbutt, the window is SO small, that I would have been INSTANTLY guard broken, and being guard broken in that area, and an UNTECHABLE guard break in Dodge, makes you the one with egg on your face, child.

Worst place to be... HA, tell that to my parries.

CaptianBeetle
02-28-2017, 06:27 AM
dat double post tho

CaptianBeetle
02-28-2017, 06:32 AM
Here is what I see in this video.

1st Video
You effectively stopping the headbutt spam in the first video with quick attacks. And then the warlord using his push back ability, quite possibly animation bug for you because the warlord runs with his opponent, he doesnt throwing them 100 feet backwards. So you may have seen something wonky there.

2nd video..

You blocked the first gb because you expected it. Good.
I think you expected another gb afterwards, because you stood there and did nothing when the warlord did his first headbutt.
You then broke the next gb, good. And then failed to stop the headbutt again.
You might have excepted a 3rd gb, because you did nothing to prevent the next headbutt.

So 2 breaks, 3 butts.

Then, I think you panic.
It appears that you tried to do a upwards heavy swing (because orochi up quick attack is much faster than what you did there) , which is not fast enough to stop the next headbutt. Mind you, that is your own error there.

The warlord at this point knows you're not defending the headbutt because you're panicked, and he throws another at you for a total of 5 so far.

You attempt to dodge this one by doing what LOOKS like a left heavy? You didn't seem to move far enough for that to be a dodge move.. Idk. But if its a heavy, it is way to slow to stop the headbutt.

At this point, you were probably a bit ragey/frustrated, because you stood there and did nothing for the next headbutt.

You then blocked the down attack. Good. You tried to retaliate with a left dodge slash. You were deflected, and then you failed to break a gb.

Then, because the warlord loves to toss potato's around, you got dunked.

So he threw 6 headbutts at you. Most of which you did nothing to defend yourself from properly. I suggest you get a friend with you to duel, and practice defending headbutts. Orochi top quick attack should stop them fast enough. As seen in your first video when you defended yourself from them EACH time the warlord did them, Using an up quick attack.

I'm sorry if this post upsets you, but that is my sincere analysis of your videos, and nothing I see here seems overpowered. What I see in the second video, is you failing to defend properly. You did good in the first video though.

Zeo
02-28-2017, 02:55 PM
Here is what I see in this video.

1st Video
You effectively stopping the headbutt spam in the first video with quick attacks. And then the warlord using his push back ability, quite possibly animation bug for you because the warlord runs with his opponent, he doesnt throwing them 100 feet backwards. So you may have seen something wonky there.

2nd video..

You blocked the first gb because you expected it. Good.
I think you expected another gb afterwards, because you stood there and did nothing when the warlord did his first headbutt.
You then broke the next gb, good. And then failed to stop the headbutt again.
You might have excepted a 3rd gb, because you did nothing to prevent the next headbutt.

So 2 breaks, 3 butts.

Then, I think you panic.
It appears that you tried to do a upwards heavy swing (because orochi up quick attack is much faster than what you did there) , which is not fast enough to stop the next headbutt. Mind you, that is your own error there.

The warlord at this point knows you're not defending the headbutt because you're panicked, and he throws another at you for a total of 5 so far.

You attempt to dodge this one by doing what LOOKS like a left heavy? You didn't seem to move far enough for that to be a dodge move.. Idk. But if its a heavy, it is way to slow to stop the headbutt.

At this point, you were probably a bit ragey/frustrated, because you stood there and did nothing for the next headbutt.

You then blocked the down attack. Good. You tried to retaliate with a left dodge slash. You were deflected, and then you failed to break a gb.

Then, because the warlord loves to toss potato's around, you got dunked.

So he threw 6 headbutts at you. Most of which you did nothing to defend yourself from properly. I suggest you get a friend with you to duel, and practice defending headbutts. Orochi top quick attack should stop them fast enough. As seen in your first video when you defended yourself from them EACH time the warlord did them, Using an up quick attack.

I'm sorry if this post upsets you, but that is my sincere analysis of your videos, and nothing I see here seems overpowered. What I see in the second video, is you failing to defend properly. You did good in the first video though.

Ill go back, rewatch the videos, and tell you what happened, since you're so inclined to actually have an opinion on the matter that isn't complete garbage, lol.

Yes, these are all adequate assumptions after having watched the videos again

What you DON'T see in the videos, is that this guy spammed GB probably like 40 more times in that same corner, before he threw my mates off. Recorded for that clip alone.

Problem I think, personally, outside of chained attacks, that spamming unblockables and GB should be punishable by death. (Not really, but defiantly punishable by exponential rising cost in Stamina.)

Anyway, since then ~ I have become better at GB, but damn, man... How do you teach your noob friends how to CGB if they can't get it right the first time?

No one, and I mean NO one understands that dodging=freeGB

(And the patch will NOT change that.)

Overbrutal1
02-28-2017, 03:17 PM
One advice: stop whining. Thank you.

ChileanCat
02-28-2017, 08:50 PM
I agree with you man, i main orochi and i always encounter this spamming ******bags, plus their ****in shield can block any attack!
their throw is extremely OP as well, i've seen 3 very good players go against one warlord and struggle because of how ****in ******ed it is.
Warlord has way too many ways of killing you in broken ways.

Zeo
02-28-2017, 09:53 PM
One advice: stop whining. Thank you.

Choke on your tongue in your sleep. Thank you.

PhYcE-
02-28-2017, 10:16 PM
Warlord is being looked at, along with other things. https://youtu.be/ywiqxjE9rQI

Zeo
03-01-2017, 12:14 AM
Warlord is being looked at, along with other things. https://youtu.be/ywiqxjE9rQI

Appreciated, sir.

Looks like "Stop whining" doesn't really apply here ;)

Bob__Gnarly
03-01-2017, 01:22 AM
If they're going to nerf Warlords headbutt, I hope they look into other classes spam moves as well like the Conq's shield bash, Wardens shoulder bash mix up, etc, etc.

Zeo
03-01-2017, 05:23 AM
They mentioned these.

Derity
03-01-2017, 10:51 AM
I said since the PC Technical Test (The first time Warlord was playable) that he is completely broken.

No one listened.

Here we are. :D

IMO: Remove the free unblock-able followup hit on the Headbutt and Warlord is fixed. Conquerer is even worse with the free Heavy on Shield Slam, problem is - Conquerer doesn't have much else in his arsenal.

DovaahisPGM
03-01-2017, 10:57 AM
Prestige 14 Conqueror here and i wonder if i won't reroll Warlord cause all he deos is better that the conq.

Knight_Raime
03-01-2017, 11:27 AM

TL;DR
Problem?

So before I say anything I do want to say that I don't enjoy how the warlord is designed. Or how he's played. That being said though I saw nothing wrong with what happened.

1) in the first clip you clearly showed everyone that the orochi's top lights can stop the attack.

2) you showed he wasn't (or seemingly wasn't) good at guard break teching.

3) The ally the farthest from you was stupid enough to gang up on the guy when you really shouldn't be ganging up on anyone in dominion unless it's needed.

4) your nobushi failed to tech him. got punished for it.

5) in your second clip you pretty much stood in the corner for him and played pretty passively till the end of the clip.

6) you could have parried his top heavy which would have drained his stamina hurting his ability to spam the headbutt. it wouldve also given you a free guard break for a top heavy that would have severly hurt him.

Also there are some class specific ways to counter the headbutt. conq and warlord can both all guard. it will still do some stamina damage but it stops the follow up hit. any unblockable move (not attacks) like wardens shoulder barge as an example can beat out the headbutt. and of course there are some specific fast attacks that can stop it.

I agree that spamming is annoying. and dying to that sucks. But really it was on you and your allies.