PDA

View Full Version : Choice of Boat

Iron-Outlaw
09-03-2004, 11:24 PM
In the dynamic campaign, will it be possible to transfer to another boat after the completion of a patrol?

For example, if I have a Type VII safely back in port and I wish for my next patrol to be in the S Atlantic, or the Indian Ocean, will I be able to select a Type IX in which to conduct that patrol?

Iron Outlaw

Iron-Outlaw
09-03-2004, 11:24 PM
In the dynamic campaign, will it be possible to transfer to another boat after the completion of a patrol?

For example, if I have a Type VII safely back in port and I wish for my next patrol to be in the S Atlantic, or the Indian Ocean, will I be able to select a Type IX in which to conduct that patrol?

Iron Outlaw

Teddy Bar
09-04-2004, 12:36 AM
Iron-Outlaw,
Your wishes are of little concern to Admiral Donitz http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif As a good German Officer you will travel where you are told http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/blink.gif

I presume that it will be the same as prior u-boat/submarine simulations in that if you do well you will eventually be offered an upgrade!! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Seriously, you may be offered a better boat, which may depending upon the year etc be a Type VII or IX.

Then your patrol zone then, depending upon the year etc would be based upon the type of u-boat that you have.

YooHoo Dev's... I hope that when changing u-boats that we have a suitable layover time between patrols or as someone suggested we do a shakedown cruise of several months. It could take 3 to 6 months to commission a new u-boat.

Of interest, a lot of the senior officers, including at times the captain, were posted to the new u-boat before it's construction had finished.

Cheers,

Teddy B¤r

Iron-Outlaw
09-04-2004, 05:43 AM
Teddy Bar

As a member of the Aces of the Deep Community we have our own structure of Flotillas, hence my query. If we have this flexibility it would make the ability to command a lot more realistic for Flotilla Commanders.

Your other point regarding a work up period for a new boat is a great idea. It would add an amazing level of realism to commission a new boat and follow through with her fitting out and training cruises and trials.

Iron Outlaw

Teddy Bar
09-04-2004, 05:42 PM
Iron-Outlaw,
An CAOD question, for which I hope someone in your group may be able to answer.

Currently all my computers have 1Gb of memory, which makes CAOD give a memory error only when getting into a mission, either through the quick missions or a career. Does anyone have a solution?

I want to play some before SHIII...

Cheers,

Teddy B¤r

Iron-Outlaw
09-04-2004, 06:11 PM
Teddy Bar

Contact me off forum and I willl see what I can do. In the meantime I will pass your question to the Community.

Maybe you could join the AoD!

hmsironduke@ozemail.com.au

Iron Outlaw

Iron-Outlaw
09-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Teddy Bar

I have some info re your AoD. email me on hmsironduke@ozemail.com.au.

Iron Outlaw