PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else feel cheated by the fact that people spam against AI for higher gear

RAGEQUIT U JOKE
02-25-2017, 08:25 AM
I see higher levels spamming dominion against AI more than I see higher levels in duel, brawl, and elimination combined.
Just seems a little unfair when some people are only playing against real live people and aren't leveling up or getting high gear at the rate that spammers are
So if when ranked comes out and higher gear gives you any sort of advantage, spammers will more likely have better gear than people who took the time to learn the game.
I dont mind AI
but games like Dominion vs AI are pretty much a guaranteed win and sometimes ridiculously quick when you have 4 people communicating
why

ZeBrutal
02-25-2017, 08:52 AM
I see higher levels spamming dominion against AI more than I see higher levels in duel, brawl, and elimination combined.
Just seems a little unfair when some people are only playing against real live people and aren't leveling up or getting high gear at the rate that spammers are
So if when ranked comes out and higher gear gives you any sort of advantage, spammers will more likely have better gear than people who took the time to learn the game.
I dont mind AI
but games like Dominion vs AI are pretty much a guaranteed win and sometimes ridiculously quick when you have 4 people communicating
why

Some people just don't want to play versus other players or need a break after a series of bad matches. It's also good for those who don't feel like being steamrolled by prestige 3+ players on a regular basis till they get there themselves. I cant imagine Ubi making gear stats active in ranked once it is added. Not sure I get the issue overall.

tonycawley69
02-25-2017, 08:59 AM
Why on earth would you feel cheated by somebody playing an available game mode?

RAGEQUIT U JOKE
02-25-2017, 09:18 AM
Why on earth would you feel cheated by somebody playing an available game mode?

For the exact reasons that I stated. People aren't just casually playing dominion vs AI. Some do, but a very large amount of people are playing it all day to grind. Not to have fun. And the problem isn't the choice that their making. It's just not a challenge to beat AI in dominion in a party for the 40th time that same day. People are getting high level gear and experience at a much higher rate than everyone else who is man enough to play PVP. By much higher i mean more than twice the amount of gear and xp in the same amount of time that most people are finishing one pvp elimination match. Not that high level gear makes a difference right now, but if it does in the future wouldn't that be kind of lame?

tonycawley69
02-25-2017, 09:20 AM
I still don't understand the problem. They're playing a game mode that is available to them. You can do the same if you want.

DrExtrem
02-25-2017, 09:31 AM
First. If you are playing alone vs. AI, it is not a guaranteed victory.
You can not compensate three derpy bots on your team, that have as many kills combined, as you have. In those cases, the AI decides tha
T its your turn to lose.

Second. Why I don't want to play against players anymore, is clear - especially in this game.
Toxicity, behaviour, matchmaking and stability. All four aspects in this game are bad. Online gaming used to be fun. Then people made a "pro"-industry out of it. Twitch - in particular - ruined online gaming, by forcing this competitive crap in everybody.

Third. The AI im this game cheats and ignores mechanics - so far so crap. But at least, it is straight forward and does not run away or stats near an edge to force a draw.

Angry Ari 1
02-25-2017, 11:00 AM
So what? People are going to get gear either way, or put their steel towards scavenger crates; this game is fairly grindy, and quite frankly there are people here that really don't want to deal with other players. If people use PvE to farm gear, it just means they'll be all the more rusty at playing against people. Quit worrying about how OTHER players approach the game, in the end it really doesn't affect you or how you get your own gear.

Scoregasms2286
02-25-2017, 11:13 AM
wait.....wait.....wait

So lemme get this straight your mad, a player is playing vs AI to get steel....to buy chests, and then continue to get steel to upgrade their gear.

BUT YOU DIDNT MENTION HOW UNFAIR IT WOULD BE TO JUST BUY YOUR GEAR?! You know...with real money, buy steel, buy chests, upgrade, go to bed.

Gothic_Mando
02-25-2017, 12:04 PM
...So I'm not the type to just respond to threads like these with a patronising "git gud" or anything insulting like that, but as a player who bought this game just to play against AI, I feel I gotta represent here; I've waited faaaaar too long to finally get a MP game where I can just play against (and by extension, level against) bots to have it taken away now.

Also, your comment about being 'man enough' to play PVP is rather insulting. For players like me, it's just how we enjoy playing, and we're entitled to that. For us, its player choice, and isn't something to be judged on.

I do understand your frustration however, but if a player can easily best another just because they have better gear, then that's ultimately a fault in the game's design, and not necessarily something that players should be punished for (for example, by taking away XP vs. bots).

On a side note, I can't tell you all how often I see a complaint thread on these forums and think: "Not a problem for me as I only play bots ^^" but hey, that's just mah jam.

Gothic_Mando
02-25-2017, 12:07 PM
Also, as excellently pointed out, you can't have an issue with people grinding vs bots to get gear and have less issue with people simply buying it with real money. Surely that's much more broken. Check out Delrith's opinion on Angry Joe's For Honour review if you want proof.