PDA

View Full Version : Does this look fair and balance to you??? (short video)

ROCKSALITTLE
02-25-2017, 03:49 AM
Notice my guard breaks do NOTHING against him yet... I have absolutely no counter to this and can do nothing when getting spammed with this stamina drain unblockable GB BS. Happens constantly. Does this stamina system look fair and balanced to you??? This is insane to me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnyFpABU5GA

Starcanum
02-25-2017, 03:58 AM
So you do finally admit it is about you not being able to win and that you have to git gud?

Felis_Menari
02-25-2017, 04:10 AM
What I saw was an overly aggressive Orochi that got a little careless. The lawbringer cannot get a guaranteed shove on you unless he blocks an attack, but none of the follow-ups are guaranteed. And if he shoves off of a dodge, guess what? You can sidestep and punish him. I know this because I've come across some e extremely evasi e players that can make l8fe as a lawbringer a living hell.

Dekallis
02-25-2017, 04:25 AM
All I see is you recklessly throwing attacks and failing to understand game mechanics. Firstly you attempted to GB an opponent already past the startup of their attack which doesn't work. Second, you actually held that iai strike instead of canceling it thus preventing your stamina from regenerating, and even more hillariously you actually threw it out there after letting him see you standing in position for forever and are positively shocked when he blocks and shoves you. for some reason you attempted to sidestep instead of back stepping out of shove range, which puts right right in the path of shove two and he throws you because he caught you AGAIN attempting to step to the SAME side. ......Yeah...nothing special here. You practically killed yourself in that fight.

ButtR8peArtist
02-25-2017, 05:45 AM
infinite GB spam, it's not something ppl don't already knew,this is a cliff pushing simulator wasted a decent sword fighting system

Warp_11
02-25-2017, 05:59 AM
2 mistakes:

1) tried to guarbreak when he was doing his unblockable (should have used light attack, dodge or parry)

2) missed 2 counter guardbreaks, which where 100% possible to do. Basically if you know how to counter-guardbreak and sometimes dodge to the side, Lawbringer can't do much to you.

Also, why didn't you have HUD on?

ThePollie
02-25-2017, 06:07 AM
2 mistakes:

1) tried to guarbreak when he was doing his unblockable (should have used light attack, dodge or parry)

2) missed 2 counter guardbreaks, which where 100% possible to do. Basically if you know how to counter-guardbreak and sometimes dodge to the side, Lawbringer can't do much to you.

Basically.

ROCKSALITTLE
02-26-2017, 06:47 PM
2 mistakes:

I don't play with training wheels. Counter/GB constantly fail and don't work as intended. There is constant delay/lag.

ROCKSALITTLE
02-26-2017, 06:52 PM
infinite GB spam, it's not something ppl don't already knew,this is a cliff pushing simulator wasted a decent sword fighting system

Exactly. Thank you.

MendedFlesh
02-26-2017, 07:00 PM
The only delay I saw was you not dodging properly and he missed an attack that should have hit you and why would you ever be playing against a real player with no HUD on?

ZoB.Raymond
02-26-2017, 07:05 PM
Notice my guard breaks do NOTHING against him yet... I have absolutely no counter to this and can do nothing when getting spammed with this stamina drain unblockable GB BS. Happens constantly. Does this stamina system look fair and balanced to you??? This is insane to me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnyFpABU5GA

No counter ? Side step, hit. You have a fast character, he has a slow one, just find the timing and you'll wreck him.

Kaijudub
02-26-2017, 07:06 PM
Standard "I play orochi because i can spam and beat most non versed players, why can't I spam and beat this player!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

Do you even deflect bro?

Giggley-puff
02-26-2017, 07:14 PM
You chose a stamina draining ability at :13. A heavy would never swing at you in that stance so you chose the wrong move. You should have waited around and gone in at full stamina. You then lost more stamina while going into attack and got cocky trying to get off the final blow. You loose stamina from his guard breaks, which put you at a disadvantage. Something you should keep in mind when playing against heavy classes. You tried desperately to land that final blow which in the end killed you. Not unbalanced, you didn't play smart against a class that is all about guard breaking the opponent because their swings are too easily dodged when the player is not stunned.

Lufury
02-26-2017, 07:23 PM
https://youtu.be/OnyFpABU5GA?t=7s

This is the best part. Your Enemy had even LESS Stamina than you. But you chose a move and stay in it like an Idiot and while youre in that Move you are not regenerating any Stamina then you go into the fight with 40% Stamina and you Continue Attacking. Very Embarrasing that you Post your Own mistakes in the Forum. You better Watch the replays and ask YOURSELF what else you could have done there inbefore you blame the Game Mechanics.

Yes there needs to be some changes but this here is such a joke.

CitizenPuddi
02-26-2017, 07:25 PM
I don't play with training wheels.

please tell me youre referring to the hud :')

secrecy274
02-26-2017, 07:36 PM
yeah totally, it's complete bs, that overhead swing should have hit you.
Other than that, I can only say you got "outplayed", you made mistakes, simple as that.

Deathdrawn
02-26-2017, 07:43 PM
Looks balanced to me. Looks like you don't know how to counter GB, you have absolutely no idea how to use your moveset, and you have your UI turned off because you like losing or something. The Lawbringer was better than you. The fact that you actually tried that storm rush after showing him the direction of it for a solid 4+ seconds just proves to me you have no idea how to play Orochi. Practice.

neogeo___
02-26-2017, 08:00 PM
I don't play with training wheels. Counter/GB constantly fail and don't work as intended. There is constant delay/lag.

training wheels? you're clearly not at a high enough mmr if you consider that to be training wheels

any feint to different stance attack will hit you unless you're lucky, but you are playing orochi, so I guess you rely on dodge (one seriously broken with no timing requirement) to defend, instead of block/parry

So I'd say you do have training wheels on

NigNagNagoo
02-26-2017, 08:12 PM
Obviously a thinly veiled attempt to show off that he doesn't play with HUD on. Enjoy being **** on by literally anybody with a brain. That's just ****ing hilarious. I commend you for trying though, your edge levels must be out of this universe.

DrExtrem
02-26-2017, 08:39 PM
Only bots can guard break into an animation or attack.

dts...
02-26-2017, 09:46 PM
I think the point is that he can drain your Stamina. If you run out of stamina he and some other heros can drain your stamina the rest of the fight.

It simply sucks that a hero can drain your stamina the whol fight. You 1on1 someone that just waits until you are nearly out of stamina, pushes you into the grey status and you cant recover because he just continues to drain your stamin. If he is a good player he can let you sit in this grey status for the rest of the day.

Ephemiel
02-26-2017, 10:30 PM
All i saw here was a bad Orochi playing too aggressively and having no sense of timing or strategy since you just tried to throw attacks and hope they work.

Dry.Fish
02-26-2017, 11:22 PM
The emote at the end though

Snowju
02-27-2017, 12:31 AM

Looks like somebody isn't ready to play with the big boys yet.

Fuqbois
02-27-2017, 01:37 AM
No feint, spamming attacks, no parry, no diversity in moves,

GIT GUD BRUH

Fuzzybutts
02-27-2017, 02:39 AM

GIT GUD BRUH

Omfg, I cringed at how long he held that storm rush. I cringed more when the lawbringer didn't parry it immediately as it landed.

ROCKSALITTLE
02-27-2017, 07:51 PM
Only bots can guard break into an animation or attack.

Wow. THAT is the information I was looking for!!! THANK YOU!

ROCKSALITTLE
02-27-2017, 07:52 PM
I think the point is that he can drain your Stamina. If you run out of stamina he and some other heros can drain your stamina the rest of the fight.

It simply sucks that a hero can drain your stamina the whol fight. You 1on1 someone that just waits until you are nearly out of stamina, pushes you into the grey status and you cant recover because he just continues to drain your stamin. If he is a good player he can let you sit in this grey status for the rest of the day.

Exactly. Thank you for your intelligent comments and understanding.

ROCKSALITTLE
02-27-2017, 07:57 PM
For any morons that would like to challenge my skill I have an open duel invitation that I will post.

I am a prestige 4 Orochi with a 66% dual win.

You'll notice in the beginning of the video he is almost dead and I am at full health. This is a 1v1 duel. The only reason he wasn't dead was because I had to stop and recharge stamina. It ruins my rhythm. I may have been over confidant, but he should have been dead.

ROCKSALITTLE
02-27-2017, 08:03 PM

GIT GUD BRUH

How do you know how good I am? Can you please teach me, O wise and omnipotent master. Perhaps a duel?

ROCKSALITTLE
02-27-2017, 08:04 PM
Why are stupid people so aggressively insulting. Don't you know ignorance is a bad thing? Go hide.