PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to cancel Berserks Zone attack?

Captain.Weegee
02-24-2017, 10:51 PM
It seems to be useless against great players, beacause it is a heavy risk to use his zone attack, even if your first attack hits him, he can parry each one of the 3x combo zoneattack :(
So is there one way to cancel the zone attack of the Berserk or not? (feints, dodge and pressing "B" dont work for me)

Kvel_Dulv
02-25-2017, 10:09 PM
No, there is no way to cancel Berserkers Zone attack. However, it's not so bas as you seem to think.

First, the first three hits are all linked together and is considered one attack. One gets blocked, they all do. One hits, they all do. That just leaves the last hit for actually reaction, which indeed can be risky. Most of the time it will get blocked, and if you're against a good player it might just get parried too, depending on how much of a surprise it is.

But that's just the thing, I suppose. It's a risk vs reward situation. I use it as a punish or from a feint, basically in place of a light attack. It's a bit higher risk than the light attack and thus has to be used sparingly and carefully, both because of that last hit and the stamina cost, but it's higher reward in that it's just as easy to get the first hit, and thus the first three hits, off as it is to get a light attack, which in total is more damage.

So it's a niche little ability to use in your big bag of mind game tricks as a zerker.

Tyrjo
02-26-2017, 11:00 AM
Does the zone attack always come from the same direction?