PDA

View Full Version : People just AFK farming - this game is a ****ing joke

TripSin.
02-24-2017, 07:34 PM
Really ubi****s?

itsPlanB
02-24-2017, 07:37 PM
Yup. Cheating is entirely new and only exists because of For Honor by Ubisoft.

Did you report them? Did you take a screenshot or video to prove that they were doing it to ensure that they're banned? If you did good. If you didn't. You're part of the problem.

Really ubi****s?

TripSin.
02-24-2017, 07:44 PM
Yup. Cheating is entirely new and only exists because of For Honor by Ubisoft.

Did you report them? Did you take a screenshot or video to prove that they were doing it to ensure that they're banned? If you did good. If you didn't. You're part of the problem.

And going AFK in a team competitive online game is new too? Most games implement code that automatically kicks people from a match if they're AFK for too long. No such thing exists in For Honor because the developers are incompetent *******es.

It's also the ridiculous grinding that Ubisoft puts in their games that pushes people to do this **** in the first place.

Ubisoft is a cancer to the gaming industry and a disgrace to the country of France.

JTWDK
02-24-2017, 07:52 PM
And going AFK in a team competitive online game is new too? Most games implement code that automatically kicks people from a match if they're AFK for too long. No such thing exists in For Honor because the developers are incompetent *******es.
Actually i don't think that's true, since after having run into ALOT of these people, they all tend to move once every 30 secs or something like that, and since it's always the same move i expect some kind of botting. But yeah, the only reason i can tell you it might be working, is because everything else is so ******* broken about this game, that having an auto kick feature might be one of the games shining features.

Oni-Nikuya
02-24-2017, 07:55 PM
They need to do something, but autokick probably isn't the answer cuz p2p so you should just leave the match after reporting the player. I ran into a host last night myself and ended up in his hosted game 3 times.

itsPlanB
02-24-2017, 07:55 PM
Look man. I get you're frustrated, but you come off as a 4th grade child throwing a temper tantrum. How do you confirm someone's AFK? I know that the code exists because I've had to leave my controller and come back to being removed from a game due to inactivity. The thing you're just missing is that it's measured by X, Y and Z coordinates. If they're trying their controllers to move, they are not AFK. Someone running in the same area for an entire game may just be holding a zone so you cannot just say well if you stay in a X amount of space you're AFK

And going AFK in a team competitive online game is new too? Most games implement code that automatically kicks people from a match if they're AFK for too long.

You're clearly new to video games if you believe that what they're doing is making grind the game.

It's also the ridiculous grinding that Ubisoft puts in their games that pushes people to do this **** in the first place.

Ahh now it's about where they're from ... xenophobic?

Ubisoft is a cancer to the gaming industry and a disgrace to the country of France.

spawn10459
02-24-2017, 07:56 PM
this the biggest issue i have with this game.
balance will always be changing but this afk crap needs to be hotfitxed ASAP.

TripSin.
02-24-2017, 07:59 PM
Oh, I was wrong. Apparently it does actually kick you for being afk. But like someone pointed out, this is easily circumvented.

wetterberg
02-24-2017, 08:01 PM
What does these people gain by doing this? Is it just to gain reputation?

JTWDK
02-24-2017, 08:32 PM
What does these people gain by doing this? Is it just to gain reputation?
I assume so yeah. Leave your pc/console on during the night, and come back in the morning to a high lvl character with great gear and tons of steel you don't have to pay actual money for.

Best part is people are getting chat banned for swearing at the afks/cheaters, and then a video pops up the day after with new video evidence of the same people still exploiting/cheating. Being rude and frustrated is clearly the bigger problem.

itsPlanB
02-24-2017, 09:35 PM
So I assume you're going to recant your initial statement then?

Oh, I was wrong. Apparently it does actually kick you for being afk. But like someone pointed out, this is easily circumvented.

Solid_Shake-
02-24-2017, 09:45 PM
they have an auto kick feature, its called starting a game.

sorcot
02-24-2017, 09:47 PM
The problem with the circle bots in the spawn area is they get the exp and random deps and they don't die till end 0000 across the board. They rank up no skill unless they had some before but then your fighting prestige 4+ with 108 gear and they put no effort into the game outside of wrapping a tape around their controller and going to sleep

Pope138
02-24-2017, 10:03 PM
This tantrum of yours? You must not want anyone to take you seriously.

itsPlanB
02-24-2017, 10:12 PM
Everyone clearly understand the problem. I don't think your needing to explain it to us set off some light bulb as if we're too stupid to understand it. What everyone else is saying, and YOU'RE not getting is how do you solve something that has a user input associated with it. The user is providing some sort of actual input to the game in an effort to "fool" the game into believing it's playing. No amount of creative code is going to actually decipher whether or not you're playing in a manner consistent with how the game should be played.

Simply reporting them, taking a screenshot or a video of them and getting them banned will curb this behavior as they'll lose everything that they've worked so ... wait they didn't work hard. They just lose what they had.

The problem with the circle bots in the spawn area is they get the exp and random deps and they don't die till end 0000 across the board. They rank up no skill unless they had some before but then your fighting prestige 4+ with 108 gear and they put no effort into the game outside of wrapping a tape around their controller and going to sleep

itsPlanB
02-24-2017, 10:13 PM
Not true. I'm notorious for doing this with my friends. After a game I'll set the controller down and go grab a bottle of water, check the stove, check on the dogs, and then come back up the stairs and be sitting in the spawn. What you're clearly not understanding is that they have tied their controllers / taped their controllers / rubber banded their controllers to provide input to the system. There is no mechanic to decipher what is and isn't a game like move.

they have an auto kick feature, its called starting a game.

MassiveD.
02-24-2017, 10:18 PM
Everyone clearly understand the problem. I don't think your needing to explain it to us set off some light bulb as if we're too stupid to understand it. What everyone else is saying, and YOU'RE not getting is how do you solve something that has a user input associated with it. The user is providing some sort of actual input to the game in an effort to "fool" the game into believing it's playing. No amount of creative code is going to actually decipher whether or not you're playing in a manner consistent with how the game should be played.

Simply reporting them, taking a screenshot or a video of them and getting them banned will curb this behavior as they'll lose everything that they've worked so ... wait they didn't work hard. They just lose what they had.

First of all, it's easy to fix, just make it so that you cant advance to the next game unless you press ready - boom, solved.

Second of all, thinking that Ubisoft will ban people for what is not against the EULA rules, nor was it even addressed by their officials in a statement saying "we see you, cut it out or else" - is nothing more but a fantasy.

It will probably get patched soon, which is for the better, but that's about it

itsPlanB
02-24-2017, 10:43 PM
Having to press a button that says I'm ready to join a map after pressing a button to find a match is the single stupidest fix I could see to resolve this issue.

First of all, it's easy to fix, just make it so that you cant advance to the next game unless you press ready - boom, solved.

Lets not for one second pretend that you've read the EULA. You can run around with your head in the clouds thinking that they won't ban you for "botting" matches. I on the other hand know that they're going to ban accounts that are "botting" and I'm glad for it.

Second of all, thinking that Ubisoft will ban people for what is not against the EULA rules, nor was it even addressed by their officials in a statement saying "we see you, cut it out or else" - is nothing more but a fantasy.

That would be nice, but to expect that is silly. The PeaceKeeper has been bugged now for about a month and they still to this date cannot fix her guard break. The net code is still an issue and they can't fix that. I'm not holding my breath that they're going to come up with some repair that fixes everything with regards this issue.

It will probably get patched soon, which is for the better, but that's about it

MassiveD.
02-24-2017, 10:53 PM
Having to press a button that says I'm ready to join a map after pressing a button to find a match is the single stupidest fix I could see to resolve this issue.

Lets not for one second pretend that you've read the EULA. You can run around with your head in the clouds thinking that they won't ban you for "botting" matches. I on the other hand know that they're going to ban accounts that are "botting" and I'm glad for it.

That would be nice, but to expect that is silly. The PeaceKeeper has been bugged now for about a month and they still to this date cannot fix her guard break. The net code is still an issue and they can't fix that. I'm not holding my breath that they're going to come up with some repair that fixes everything with regards this issue.

Really? I think its a briliant idea, needing to physically lock in your character or get disconnected will prevent people from rubberbanding their gamepads and going to sleep, because it wont work anymore for more than 1 match.

Furthermore, EULA does not dictate that you must play in a certain way.

For example, I can go into a match right now and hold my controller stick fixed in a way that it makes my character run in circles for the entire match, and do whatever I can possibly imagine with my other hand, there are no laws against that, and the developers did not release a statement saying "no you can't do that or else".

And it doesn't really matter how that makes you feel at the end of the day, as not a single rule has been broken by this, unless people are using 3rd party programs, cheats or macros, for which, if proven, yes - disciplinary actions may be administered

Motiros
02-24-2017, 11:01 PM
after each game , at the end of the new game countdown, require a user button input or be kicked from the lobby if he didn't press ready.

At the end of the game, a zero contribution should disqualify you for any reward.

MassiveD.
02-24-2017, 11:06 PM

Really? I think its a briliant idea, needing to physically lock in your character or get disconnected will prevent people from rubberbanding their gamepads and going to sleep, because it wont work anymore for more than 1 match.

For example, I can go into a match right now and hold my controller sticks fixed with one hand, in a way that it makes my character run in circles for the entire match, and do whatever I can possibly imagine with my other hand, there are no laws against that, and the developers did not release a statement saying "no you can't do that or else".

And it doesn't really matter how that makes you feel at the end of the day, as not a single rule has been broken by this, unless people are using 3rd party programs, cheats or macros, for which, if proven, yes - disciplinary actions may be administered

itsPlanB
02-24-2017, 11:19 PM
I just pushed a button to say I'm ready and I have to do it again ... That's a good idea? Better yet. I just finished a match and have to run to the restroom and now I'm going to get kicked from the party with my friends ... No thanks to your manual check button. Especially considering its only happening in AI games.

You're right. The EULA doesn't. However the Terms of service does. Feel free to go actually read the part that is binding.

For example, I can go into a match right now and hold my controller sticks fixed with one hand, in a way that it makes my character run in circles for the entire match, and do whatever I can possibly imagine with my other hand, there are no laws against that, and the developers did not release a statement saying "no you can't do that or else".

MassiveD.
02-24-2017, 11:24 PM
I just pushed a button to say I'm ready and I have to do it again ... That's a good idea? Better yet. I just finished a match and have to run to the restroom and now I'm going to get kicked from the party with my friends ... No thanks to your manual check button. Especially considering its only happening in AI games.

You're right. The EULA doesn't. However the Terms of service does. Feel free to go actually read the part that is binding.

You actually already have to lock in the character manually, but after a minute the game locks one for you automatically, so just remove that bit and call it a day.

Can you please share your find in the ToS for the rest of us to read?

itsPlanB
02-24-2017, 11:30 PM
You want me to do your work for you. Lets just say it clearly says that botting, or artificial input is against the TOS and you can be banned. Feel free to go through the entire damned Ubisoft TOS like I did and you'll see it. Pay particular attention to Article 3

Can you please share your find in the ToS for the rest of us to read?

MassiveD.
02-24-2017, 11:36 PM
You want me to do your work for you. Lets just say it clearly says that botting, or artificial input is against the TOS and you can be banned. Feel free to go through the entire damned Ubisoft TOS like I did and you'll see it. Pay particular attention to Article 3

I did, that's why I'm saying you made half of that up :p

itsPlanB
02-24-2017, 11:36 PM
Cool. Prove me wrong. Show me where it says that you can do what you want and get away with it. Show me where it says that botting is legal.

I did, that's why I'm saying you made half of that up :p

MassiveD.
02-24-2017, 11:39 PM
This is the actual line:

<"You can't">

create, use and/or circulate “auto” or “macro” computer programs including without limitation “cheats”, "mods", "hacks", "bots" and "trainers" programs or software applications, and/or use the Services via a mirror site;

MassiveD.
02-24-2017, 11:41 PM
I never said botting is legal, however holding your controller down - is

itsPlanB
02-24-2017, 11:41 PM
Are you confused about how that can be enforced?

This is the actual line:

<"You can't">

create, use and/or circulate “auto” or “macro” computer programs including without limitation “cheats”, "mods", "hacks", "bots" and "trainers" programs or software applications, and/or use the Services via a mirror site;

MassiveD.
02-24-2017, 11:48 PM
Are you confused about how that can be enforced?

Yes, I am , please explain how Ubisoft can prevent me from holding down my controllers stick with a thumb, nor why would they, especially when there is no entry against that neither in EULA, nor ToS, nor have they made an official statement in the forums against it.

itsPlanB
02-24-2017, 11:51 PM
I'll go with the short version in the hopes we don't go down the rabbit hole of what is a computer / computer program. Not talking crap. Being serious here no insult intended.

They have augmented an input output device to provide false inputs to the system in an effort to circumvent the system from knowing there isn't a person on the other end of the input output device. That is an "Auto" bot (Not Optimus Prime). Banned.

Yes, I am , please explain how Ubisoft can prevent me from holding down my controllers stick with a thumb, especially when there is no entry against that neither in EULA, nor ToS

cragar212
02-24-2017, 11:54 PM
It needs to be addressed. Afking ruins alot of games for alot of people.

On console alot of people just rubber band their controllers and watch tv and reque when needed. Pretty tough to stop without a functioning report system. Hopefully when Ubi receives a report cheating report they actually look at it.

itsPlanB
02-24-2017, 11:56 PM
XBox Controllers are bluetooth now. People do the same thing on the PC. Just hook up a bluetooth controller and rubberband it.

It needs to be addressed. Afking ruins alot of games for alot of people.

On console alot of people just rubber band their controllers and watch tv and reque when needed. Pretty tough to stop without a functioning report system. Hopefully when Ubi receives a report cheating report they actually look at it.

MassiveD.
02-25-2017, 12:13 AM
I'll go with the short version in the hopes we don't go down the rabbit hole of what is a computer / computer program. Not talking crap. Being serious here no insult intended.

They have augmented an input output device to provide false inputs to the system in an effort to circumvent the system from knowing there isn't a person on the other end of the input output device. That is an "Auto" bot (Not Optimus Prime). Banned.

With all due respect, what you just wrote is a hyperbole.

Especially on PC, you can just hold down W, S, A or D and get the exact same desired effect, nobody can prove that neither one of these people are doing anything to modify their controllers (even tho they would be allowed to do so if they chose, as it is their property),

And most important of all, EULA, ToS, nor the developers themselves on forums has condemed it.

I would even go as far as to say that this is not cheating, as anyone is allowed to hold a key permanently durring the game play, as it is still game play, its poor gameplay, but its gameplay, and nobody in the world can tell a gamer how to play their own game, if I wish to be a potato holding down one key with my finger for hours and hours, I am quite litteraly free to do so, there's nothing in the world that can stop me from doing so, litteraly nothing

itsPlanB
02-25-2017, 12:20 AM
If you honestly believe that we're not smart enough to actually decipher if someone is or isn't playing the game then there is where I guess we'll have to just part ways. If the same guy is running in circles for 16 straight hours, I'm 100% sure it's a bot setup.

It's abundantly clear. Furthermore, if you're going something that even remotely looks like bot behavior you're a fool. I'm all for them taking harsh action against players who are clearly not playing the game.

With all due respect, what you just wrote is a hyperbole.

Especially on PC, you can just hold down W, S, A or D and get the exact same desired effect, nobody can prove that neither one of these people are doing anything to modify their controllers (even tho they would be allowed to do so if they chose, as it is their property),

I don't have to tell you that I don't like something if I've already said that I don't like it. That's moronic behavior. If I've said don't do this and you do it I don't need to tell you again.

And most important of all, EULA, ToS, nor the developers themselves on forums has condemed it.

Sure you are. Having said that, you're also not going to do it for a significant length of time. You can try and splash all the water you want to show that you're not getting wet. If a single player is running in a circle for a significant amount of time and there is video evidence of them doing it on more than one occasion. I'd smash em.

I would even go as far as to say that this is not cheating, as anyone is allowed to hold a key permanently durring the game play, as it is still game play, its poor gameplay, but its gameplay, and nobody in the world can tell a gamer how to play their own game, if I wish to be a potato holding down one key with my finger for hours and hours, I am quite litteraly free to do so, there's nothing in the world that can stop me from doing so, litteraly nothing

MassiveD.
02-25-2017, 12:27 AM
If you honestly believe that we're not smart enough to actually decipher if someone is or isn't playing the game then there is where I guess we'll have to just part ways. If the same guy is running in circles for 16 straight hours, I'm 100% sure it's a bot setup.

It's abundantly clear. Furthermore, if you're going something that even remotely looks like bot behavior you're a fool. I'm all for them taking harsh action against players who are clearly not playing the game.

I don't have to tell you that I don't like something if I've already said that I don't like it. That's moronic behavior. If I've said don't do this and you do it I don't need to tell you again.

Sure you are. Having said that, you're also not going to do it for a significant length of time. You can try and splash all the water you want to show that you're not getting wet. If a single player is running in a circle for a significant amount of time and there is video evidence of them doing it on more than one occasion. I'd smash em.

See, the problem with the above is that it's only your own opinion, which is simply irrelevant as you have no authority over this matter.

I can tell you for a fact, that to do this on a PC, all you have to do is hold W, S, D, or A for said 16 hours, nothing else is required, no botting, no scripting, no macros, nothing, therefor your entire assumption is just out of touch with reality.

As I said, if people are usng bots and macros, yes ban them immediately, it's against the terms of service, unlike holding a key down

UbiNoty
02-25-2017, 01:10 AM
Hi all, this issue has already been sent to the dev team to be looked at.
I'd like to remind you all of our commitment to fair gameplay (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/news-community/152-284823-16/our-approach-to-sanctioning-in-for-honor) and if you see players exploiting this or any other suspicious behavior please report them (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/new?template=FHReportACheater). Thanks!

I'll be closing this thread as well since the atmosphere is taking a turn for the negative.