PDA

View Full Version : Faction wars is pointless!

Demi.God
02-24-2017, 06:28 PM
At the moment we are forced to fight with enemy factions at our side giving us no option but to aid the enemy gain war assets to use against you, better you do the better ur team does. Currently faction wars is a complete numbers game, more players in your faction and you win regardless even if your faction is full of noobs that can't play.

just to be clear, say your faction is knights however you are teamed up with 3 vikings and you carry the team... well you have just helped the enemy gain a lot of war assets compared to what you have achieved for your own faction.

A filter option is needed to only be grouped with the same faction and also a filter to not join games in progress would be great, losing via joining a game that is 5 seconds away from finishing sucks for stats.

hexzon
02-24-2017, 06:45 PM
Yep. I agree with you.
This whole faction war is completely pointless.
My Knights faction is doomed at the moment, it doesn't matter how long I play or how many assests I deploy, we lose territories.
So there are two options left - quit the game completely, or join winning faction. Rolling to Samurai to be on winning side.
By the end of war, all players will be playing 1 faction and all will be happy.

SoveRReignN
02-24-2017, 06:59 PM
Yep. I agree with you.
My Knights faction is doomed at the moment, it doesn't matter how long I play or how many assests I deploy, we lose territories.
So there are two options left - quit the game completely, or join winning faction. Rolling to Samurai to be on winning side.

Samurai, Again more Asian players than anything..no wonder Asia has the highest population :P

WistyAro
02-24-2017, 07:00 PM
At this point i'm not sure what the point of the faction war is...or rather what it is to the players. It seems like a popularity contest to me.

I've also heard that the game devs are using the faction war as a timetable to release patches and content, but that doesn't really mean anything. My hope is that the faction war provides rewards like steel or scavenger crates to those who contribute a certain number of war assets. It seems like the most logical thing to me. If that is true then switching sides would probably reset your progress toward those potential rewards, unless the rewards are given to those who actually win the faction war. That would sure be dumb if it was the case.

I like contributing assets to the war. I like community goals in games, but that doesn't mean I see any point in it.

Yep. I agree with you.

Why would you quit the game entirely over something as "pointless" as the faction war not favoring the knights? It seems like you hold the results of the war in very high regard despite it having no meaning.

At the moment we are forced to fight with enemy factions at our side giving us no option but to aid the enemy gain war assets to use against you, better you do the better ur team does. Currently faction wars is a complete numbers game, more players in your faction and you win regardless even if your faction is full of noobs that can't play.

just to be clear, say your faction is knights however you are teamed up with 3 vikings and you carry the team... well you have just helped the enemy gain a lot of war assets compared to what you have achieved for your own faction.

A filter option is needed to only be grouped with the same faction and also a filter to not join games in progress would be great, losing via joining a game that is 5 seconds away from finishing sucks for stats.

You are making suggestions to the game's matchmaking systems to suit pointless fluff. I think maintaining good queue times for all players is more important than limiting them for the sake of the faction war

itsPlanB
02-24-2017, 07:00 PM
So far it's appearing to be an ambiguous component that's for sure.

Yep. I agree with you. This whole faction war is completely pointless.

It happens. What I'd like to see is a breakdown on how it's happening and what tactics could be changed in an effort to slow this or change it.

You could always just remain a night. That's an option that you're not discussing. Personally as a Knight, if you're willing to switch to a different faction I'd like to see you leave. Loyalty to your faction is clearly not your strong suit so move along.

--------------------------------------------------

Johnnybeck.
02-24-2017, 07:01 PM
Faction war assets are rewarded based on personal performance in the match, not team performance. Doesn't matter if you win or lose, the only thing that counts is personal performace.

SCNADS
02-24-2017, 07:39 PM
I agree with you completely on how if your a knight you should be fighting with people who fight for the knight faction. Also I really think that NPC soldiers you fight with should be your faction. I don't want to slaughter my own knights in dominion. I should be fighting samurais or vikings not fighting along side them