PDA

View Full Version : How to handle Berserkers?

Verdha603
02-24-2017, 04:44 PM
Ok, so I've played the game since Closed Beta, and am grinding through the Warden so I can get a better understanding of the game. After awhile of raging against Nobushi I've learned how to handle her parries and kicks, but now I have another problem; Berserkers.

I honestly have no idea of how to counter them. They dance form side to side hitting me in the sides and then doing unblockables from above, and it feels like I can't land a single hit on the guy in 1v1 combat. How the heck am I supposed to fight these guys?

KingOfSoho
02-24-2017, 08:51 PM
Berserker does not have an unblockable, they get uninteruptable if you failed to parry 4 times in a row...
The spinattack is super easy to parry if they just spam it. When the spin animation starts you have a large timewindow to put your guard to the correct side and then just parry.
When they stop falling for it do side heavyfeints to bait a spinattack and get a free parry which always results in a gb since the zerker has to be so close.

Other than that the zerker has no useful tools. He has normal fast lights that he can hit here and there and maybe the occasional zone attack which can be blocked even half wy through.
Your vortex also completely negates his deflect mechanic. Its a VERY favorable matchup for the warden.

Also watch Mege Warden vids: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjNwP3wJfwkReTloLBZEXOw
Hes probably one of the best warden players.