PDA

View Full Version : Warlord (Gear Stat Question)

Omboixii
02-23-2017, 06:14 PM
Heil og sæl, my Viking brothers

I was hoping to start a discussion about the Warlord hero class and what gear stats have been working for you all, I've had this discussion before for the Raider and was hoping I could get the same discussion started again. My main question is if I should go defense over attack and stamina

I'm gonna list all the respective stats just to have reference to them.

HELM
-Debuff resistance
-Revenge mode duration
-Exhaustion recovery

CHEST
-Execution health regen
-Block damage
-Sprint speed

ARMS
-Block damage resistance
-Revive speed
-Stamina regen

BLADE
-Attack
-Defense
-Stamina cost reduction

HILT
-Feat cooldown reduction
-Revenge mode defense
-Revenge gain by defense

GUARD
-Throw distance
-Revenge mode attack
-Revenge gain by injury

FightingFerrets
02-23-2017, 06:26 PM
Heil og sæl, my Viking brothers

I was hoping to start a discussion about the Warlord hero class and what gear stats have been working for you all, I've had this discussion before for the Raider and was hoping I could get the same discussion started again. My main question is if I should go defense over attack and stamina

I'm gonna list all the respective stats just to have reference to them.

HELM
-Debuff resistance
-Revenge mode duration
-Exhaustion recovery

CHEST
-Execution health regen
-Block damage
-Sprint speed

ARMS
-Block damage resistance
-Revive speed
-Stamina regen

BLADE
-Attack
-Defense
-Stamina cost reduction

HILT
-Feat cooldown reduction
-Revenge mode defense
-Revenge gain by defense

GUARD
-Throw distance
-Revenge mode attack
-Revenge gain by injury

I've focused my shield on revenge attack and revenge gain, my hilt on revenge gain, my blade on attack, arms on block damage and regen, chest on block damage, and helm on revenge duration. It's worked out pretty well so far. I'm still not completely clear on the difference between block damage and block damage resistance. My blade has poor stamina cost reduction, but my arms have decent stamina regen so it costs a bit more to attack but I get it back fairly quick.

Omboixii
02-23-2017, 06:49 PM
Appreciate the reply, I'll try experimenting with your setup in a second here. One question, Do you prefer your weapon have attack, have you tried defense on it? I imagine i'd make you more tanky and do a lot less damage, anyone try such a setup?

Feel free to post other gear priorities anyone.

EetDrinkBeBerry
02-23-2017, 07:34 PM
This is how I have my Warlord currently set up (Prestige 5, 108 score). I re-ordered so the MAX stat is on top, followed by the next highest and lastly the lowest.

HELM
-Revenge mode duration (I have two max helms, experimenting with max revenge duration vs max debuff resist)
-Debuff resistance
-Exhaustion recovery

CHEST
-Sprint speed
-Block damage
-Execution health regen

ARMS
-Block damage resistance
-Stamina regen
-Revive speed

BLADE
-Defense
-Attack
-Stamina cost reduction

HILT
-Revenge gain by defense
-Revenge mode defense
-Feat cooldown reduction

GUARD
-Revenge gain by injury
-Revenge mode attack
-Throw distance

I chose to focus on Warlords strengths (defense & punishing opponents mistakes). He is a tough nut to crack when max'd out defense.

Omboixii
02-23-2017, 08:13 PM
That looks like an amazing set up and I appreciate you taking the time to put it up. This actually falls with how I play the warlord also (Defense and Punishing), one question, without stamina reduction, exhaust, and stamina regen do you have problems with stamina?

Appreciate the advice, Trillo

EetDrinkBeBerry
02-23-2017, 09:23 PM
That looks like an amazing set up and I appreciate you taking the time to put it up. This actually falls with how I play the warlord also (Defense and Punishing), one question, without stamina reduction, exhaust, and stamina regen do you have problems with stamina?

Appreciate the advice, Trillo

No I do not not have stamina issues. You should not be spamming anything with Warlord and running out of stamina; he is very reaction based. The only time you need stamina is when you are surrounded and that's where the defense/revenge build comes in. Don't forget, when in revenge mode, your headbutt will knock down enemies and give you free side heavy (more damage than overhead). Also spam that zone attack when in revenge!

Omboixii
02-23-2017, 11:19 PM
No I do not not have stamina issues. You should not be spamming anything with Warlord and running out of stamina; he is very reaction based. The only time you need stamina is when you are surrounded and that's where the defense/revenge build comes in. Don't forget, when in revenge mode, your headbutt will knock down enemies and give you free side heavy (more damage than overhead). Also spam that zone attack when in revenge!

Wow, I had no idea that while In revenge the headbutt knocked down enemies, really appreciate that piece of info. I've been practising with your loadout and it's been really helpful so far, really appreciate it. You're right, if I play reactionary then stamina isn't that big of an issue. If you don't mind, can you give me any other advice you have as the Warlord?

I've currently been doing this

Passive Play
Parry heavies into shield bash into (hopefully) guard break and then throw them down for guaranteed heavy - Should I do something else on parries?

I cannot time the light attack counters, so I rarely do them, is this something you avoid as well?
I also do full guard, then they block, and do heavy sword and board (is that correct? It seems to be catching the small assassins?)

What is "punishing enemies" what moves am I supposed to be doing that counters enemies?

Anyone, feel free to answer as any advice will be highly appreciated

EetDrinkBeBerry
02-24-2017, 08:02 PM
Wow, I had no idea that while In revenge the headbutt knocked down enemies, really appreciate that piece of info. I've been practising with your loadout and it's been really helpful so far, really appreciate it. You're right, if I play reactionary then stamina isn't that big of an issue. If you don't mind, can you give me any other advice you have as the Warlord?

I've currently been doing this

Passive Play
Parry heavies into shield bash into (hopefully) guard break and then throw them down for guaranteed heavy - Should I do something else on parries?

I cannot time the light attack counters, so I rarely do them, is this something you avoid as well?
I also do full guard, then they block, and do heavy sword and board (is that correct? It seems to be catching the small assassins?)

What is "punishing enemies" what moves am I supposed to be doing that counters enemies?

Anyone, feel free to answer as any advice will be highly appreciated

Looks like your playing him correct. On parry I like to go for shield counter + heavy. Regular guard breaks I go overhead heavy and mix in a side light sometimes. Throw in random light attacks and you will trigger the light parry without even realizing it. Most of the time I just sit and let them come to me. Throw in some heavy feints into sword and board if they are just trying to dodge everything. I use a lot of all guard on the faster classes.

The_Mensan
02-25-2017, 01:41 AM
Block Resistence is pretty awesome, so is Revenge Mode on Arm. Arm is the easiest to build because of the status is bugged; Stamina Regen doesn't even work at the moment (test it, you will see... There's no regen rate gain).