PDA

View Full Version : what is the counter to the strategy below i rarely lose by doing the following

Fairfight2015
02-23-2017, 06:12 PM
Whats the counter to blocking(with shield or weapon)/parry + waiting to guard break interrupt
guard break interupt is a lot easier now to perform (and i know there are cheaters out there but doesnt matter even I can perform guard break interrupt 90% of the time easily) one can simple sit there and wait
they charge ->dash away and land lights
they attack -> parry into free damage
they wait as well -> draw
they guard break -> guard break interrupt its stupidly easy to perform
faints/fakes -> heavy cancel is extremely obvious and faints (eg warden) can be easily read/reacted
in all seriousness nothing in for honor is extremely fast

instead of a skilled base game it feels like whoever strikes first loses
this applies in 1v2 1v3 as well because one can simply sit there and wait for guardbreak interrupt your revenge bar fill up fast and waste a lot of the enemies time (maybe not in a 1v2 but in a 1v3 they will eventually kill u because of the guardbreak interrupt leaves u vulnerable for a few seconds)
this game need better anti cheat system but i really dont care i meet 1 really bad cheater every 100 games
it just feels to me that at high level play its not even about mind games that much anymore the game is more figured out(back then players are not that aware and guard break interupt is rarely used now we practice so we get the timing right 99% of the time) and whoever is more patient wins the duel

Munktor
02-23-2017, 06:16 PM
The game is pretty much whoever strikes first loses when most people play the counter game.

The "counter" to the parry game is feinting. A person needs to make their opponent THINK they're going to parry the next attack but the opponent switches into a GB or different direction attack.

I also find that you can feint an attack and then quickly dodge left/right to make your opponent miss their parry/swing and then push forward for a GB or initiate a chain.

I like where the game is right now as there is a LOT of mental games being played among players that understand the combat.

Obviously teammodes throw a lot of that out the window with the gang-bang attacking and team-fighting, but again, I enjoy that personally. It makes for varied strategies and builds to be viable always.

The only thing that I feel needs adjustment right now is the gear system favoring revenge builds. I think revenge is a great mechanic, but they should change how it builds. Instead of allowing for revenge gain on injury/defense as a stat the only revenge stat should be duration. Revenge should ALWAYS accrue for activation equally for all characters regardless of gear. Gear should only affect the duration of the revenge or the damage/defense revenge mode provides - not the initiation of it.

Fairfight2015
02-24-2017, 05:18 AM
The game is pretty much whoever strikes first loses when most people play the counter game.

The "counter" to the parry game is feinting. A person needs to make their opponent THINK they're going to parry the next attack but the opponent switches into a GB or different direction attack.

I also find that you can feint an attack and then quickly dodge left/right to make your opponent miss their parry/swing and then push forward for a GB or initiate a chain.

I like where the game is right now as there is a LOT of mental games being played among players that understand the combat.

Obviously teammodes throw a lot of that out the window with the gang-bang attacking and team-fighting, but again, I enjoy that personally. It makes for varied strategies and builds to be viable always.

The only thing that I feel needs adjustment right now is the gear system favoring revenge builds. I think revenge is a great mechanic, but they should change how it builds. Instead of allowing for revenge gain on injury/defence as a stat the only revenge stat should be duration. Revenge should ALWAYS accrue for activation equally for all characters regardless of gear. Gear should only affect the duration of the revenge or the damage/defence revenge mode provides - not the initiation of it.

but as i said before im by no means a perfect player (pres 4 almost 5 right now and i have seen pres 9 players) the thing is even fainting could be reacted too easily i honestly think guard break interrupt is a broken mechanic we can already interrupt a guard break by either "light attack" "heavy attack" "dash" "certain "guardbreak interrupt" we do not need 4 moves just to counter 1 move there is no need to play mind game if u have good reactions take away guard break interrupt and we can play mind games and catch people off guard
in this current meta one can just sit there waiting to block parry + guardbreak interupt (your point here revenge build fill up insanely fast by doing this while barely taking any damage and theres no counter to it gang-bang just helps revenge metre)