PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of Revenge

CarnivalLaw
02-23-2017, 05:59 PM
It's a bullschit mechanic that rewards people who make poor decisions.

Tillo.
02-23-2017, 06:02 PM
Dominion is unplayable. All with revenge gear doing nothing but waiting for revenge mode and spam zone atk, build revenge and spam zone atk over and over.
Same with duels or brawls, all heroes doing the same 2 moves all the time...this game was rich because of the variaty of heroes and moves.

Vrbas1
02-23-2017, 06:06 PM
It definitely needs to go in 1v1, no place for it there I agree. However, Dominion, Deathmatch, and Brawl it just needs a rework. For the amount of "gankers" out there (which is inevitable in Dominion), there has to be a way a 1v4 stands a chance. Even then, revenge mode usually isn't enough when you're outnumbered because grabs can cut right through it.

I think it needs a re-balancing. Not a complete removal.

PackingMoney
02-23-2017, 06:11 PM
I find posts like these really funny, because if they was to take it out, everyone who moaned before would just complain about not being able to survive ganks.

Vrbas1
02-23-2017, 06:13 PM
It definitely needs to go in 1v1, no place for it there I agree. However, Dominion, Deathmatch, and Brawl it just needs a rework. For the amount of "gankers" out there (which is inevitable in Dominion), there has to be a way a 1v4 stands a chance. Even then, revenge mode usually isn't enough when you're outnumbered because grabs can cut right through it.

Fairfight2015
02-23-2017, 06:17 PM
revenge is actually fine apart from the fact that u can get it while 1v1 in dom (this needs to go)

can u imagine how screwed u r if u r 1v2 in real life? it will happen in dom because u just need to coordinate with your teammate to guardbreak and hit him with heavy at same time even if he is a heavy he would be1/2 hp when he gets revenge with legendary gear then back off parry dodge and repeat the process

CarnivalLaw
02-23-2017, 06:24 PM

I hear you, but disagree. There is no reason to have a mechanic that gives an outnumbered opponent a chance. Why reward someone for getting themselves into an outnumbered fight?

CarnivalLaw
02-23-2017, 06:26 PM
I find posts like these really funny, because if they was to take it out, everyone who moaned before would just complain about not being able to survive ganks.

Wrong. Only the whiny *****es among us would cry about getting themselves into outnumbered fights.

Munktor
02-23-2017, 06:29 PM
We all know revenge is currently a highly discussed topic. I know a lot of people have made statements for it's complete removal, and others seem to think it's fine how it is right now.

I'm not sure if this has been suggested already, and if it has, I apologize for the redundancy.

Basically, I enjoy the revenge mechanic for its intended design in general. What I don't think is great for the game is how gear currently affects the accrual of revenge.

My suggestion would be to change ALL gear that provides revenge gain on injury or defense to revenge duration.

The only factors that should be affected by gear regarding revenge should be: Duration, defense boost, attack boost during revenge. Not revenge gain.

I think that would solve the quick 1-3 hits revenge builds, but still allow it as a mechanic within the game.

DireNazgul
02-23-2017, 06:58 PM
You know how many people would quit playing if they were to remove Revenge Mode. Revenge Mode is the only tangible way someone can defeat people trying to gank them (gang up on them). I do agree that there should be a limit on how much the meter can be manipulated with gear though, that part may be broken. I did fight someone where every 3-4 hits on them filled their meter. Therefore, it doesn't need to be removed, just adjusted. Perhaps if the meter were to react differently depending on how many people are attacking you.

Brave_Thunder
02-23-2017, 07:06 PM
I hear you, but disagree. There is no reason to have a mechanic that gives an outnumbered opponent a chance. Why reward someone for getting themselves into an outnumbered fight?

So you enjoy to play run simulator if the fight ends to be 3v1?

ShadowForMVP
02-23-2017, 07:18 PM
I dont want to see it removed but I think nerf everything about it in half.

Should take twice as long to get it, and help you out only half as much as it does now. You find yourself in a 3 vs 1 .... too bad you should be an easy kill. Some of these conquers with revenge sitting with their backs to the corner in revenge mode 90% of the time just slows the end game down way too much. There is no chance for him to kill 4 people and execute them while backed into a corner, the other team will just end up reviving the other players.

Id like to see it nerfed in every category by 50%

KSI_Iscyn
02-23-2017, 07:28 PM
We all know revenge is currently a highly discussed topic. I know a lot of people have made statements for it's complete removal, and others seem to think it's fine how it is right now.

I'm not sure if this has been suggested already, and if it has, I apologize for the redundancy.

Basically, I enjoy the revenge mechanic for its intended design in general. What I don't think is great for the game is how gear currently affects the accrual of revenge.

My suggestion would be to change ALL gear that provides revenge gain on injury or defense to revenge duration.

The only factors that should be affected by gear regarding revenge should be: Duration, defense boost, attack boost during revenge. Not revenge gain.

I think that would solve the quick 1-3 hits revenge builds, but still allow it as a mechanic within the game.

This is the closest statement that I have seen that I agree with, I would tweak it to get rid of revenge on injury.
Seeing the builds with minimal revenge time and maximum revenge on injury is beyond annoying they use it to heal, deal some damage take a hit and go back into revenge over and over. I don't see the point in rewarding bad behavior like getting hit. Revenge on defense is barely acceptable in my opinion but it does reward you for playing "well" I would also like to see a change to how revenge works for different classes, as in what bonuses are given.

CarnivalLaw
02-23-2017, 07:36 PM
You know how many people would quit playing if they were to remove Revenge Mode. Revenge Mode is the only tangible way someone can defeat people trying to gank them (gang up on them). I do agree that there should be a limit on how much the meter can be manipulated with gear though, that part may be broken. I did fight someone where every 3-4 hits on them filled their meter. Therefore, it doesn't need to be removed, just adjusted. Perhaps if the meter were to react differently depending on how many people are attacking you.

Are YOU one of those people who would quit? smh

Who cares about ganking in 4v4 modes? So much whining. Find ways to avoid being in an outnumbered fight. It's not difficult.

CarnivalLaw
02-23-2017, 07:39 PM
So you enjoy to play run simulator if the fight ends to be 3v1?

I just don't care. If you are outnumbered, that's YOUR FAULT for not keeping an eye on your "radar" and lacking map awareness. When I die from ganking, I don't cry that my Revenge meter didn't save me. It's on me that I got into that situation in the first place.

CarnivalLaw
02-23-2017, 07:59 PM
Revenge should be removed idc this is a hack n slash game where the most skilled duelist wins not the dude that just gets revenge gear and is impossible to kill because he gets it3 of 4 times before he even goes down this is ridiculous if the players that bad to need revenge mode stick to the bots and learn the game this mechanic is extremely toxic

Exactly.