PDA

View Full Version : Doging should cost Stamina

Metal4ce
02-23-2017, 02:12 AM
Hello guys,

in my oppinion dodging should not be free to do. The player canīt sprint without perk if he has no stamina left, but dodging is possible. Also all Assasins are just dodging all the time. This should not be possible. I dodging should cost stamina and should not be possible or at least should be slower if the character has no stamina left. Whatīs ur oppinion on this?

Hace a nice Day.

Ace

FR4NCO
02-23-2017, 02:16 AM
at the very least it should be a slower dodge like how the out of stam. guard break is.

slim147
02-23-2017, 02:21 AM
Lol dodging is what assassins are supposed to do they don't have nearly as much health

PackingMoney
02-23-2017, 02:22 AM
Hello guys,

in my oppinion dodging should not be free to do. The player canīt sprint without perk if he has no stamina left, but dodging is possible. Also all Assasins are just dodging all the time. This should not be possible. I dodging should cost stamina and should not be possible or at least should be slower if the character has no stamina left. Whatīs ur oppinion on this?

Hace a nice Day.

Ace

The point of an assassin is to dodge, they aren't going to be running full force at the opponent looking to tank damage. Also out of the 3 assassins there are two labelled as counter attack and one as a harasser, which goes to show, they are going to wait for you to attack, move and then attack themselves.

forrest0755
02-23-2017, 02:24 AM
I think both dodging and running should cost stanima. The idea that people in heavy armor can just sprint forever without getting tired is a bit silly.

Metal4ce
02-23-2017, 03:12 AM
The point of an assassin is to dodge, they aren't going to be running full force at the opponent looking to tank damage. Also out of the 3 assassins there are two labelled as counter attack and one as a harasser, which goes to show, they are going to wait for you to attack, move and then attack themselves.

You are right, they have to avoid damage if possible, but spamming the dodgekey should not be possible. There are other moves like blocks and parade which can achieve the same thing.

Fuzzybutts
02-23-2017, 03:14 AM
You are right, they have to avoid damage if possible, but spamming the dodgekey should not be possible. There are other moves like blocks and parade which can achieve the same thing.

Unless their fighting a warden/conqueror/warlord/shugoki/lawbringer/anythinginthegamewithanunblockablepushofanysortwha tsoever.

PackingMoney
02-23-2017, 03:15 AM

True, and personally I do block sometimes and I do parry a lot, because it keeps my moves unpredictable because they don't know if I am going to parry or not, so they sometimes go for heavies. But if dodging is nerfed a little, they would likely make it slower, although I doubt it will come anytime soon as 25% of the characters need it, and most others still use to their own advantages.

CarnivalLaw
02-23-2017, 03:22 AM
I agree.

SerArthur-Dayne
02-23-2017, 03:25 AM
Sorry this is a terrible idea. When fighting 2-3-4 v 1 you absolutely NEED to constantly dodge all the time to position yourself to seperate one from the group etc.. Not to mention some heroes rely on dodging as their form of defense.

This would honestly break the game imo.

They need to

--increase Friendly Fire by a serious amount (2x-3x damage),
--remove revenge mode auto parry on activation,
--reduce revenge mode gained by about 50% at the very high gear levels (say purple onwards)
--Implement a GB cooldown of 4-5 seconds when a solo player is facing a group. To stop the GB stunlock spam meta.
--Increase parry knockdown duration by a little in Revenge mode, and CGB should knockdown and moderately hurt enemies in revenge mode.
--Reduce the insane throwing off map meta and remove a few pits from maps.
--Fix GB so it was like beta, and possibly impove on it if possible.
--Get some bloody good servers!!!
--They could actually reduce stamina cost for rolling by a bit.
--Make revenge mode look less goofy and ill fitting, maybe a flaming weapon instead idk.

iceDmeteL
02-23-2017, 03:26 AM
Oh look, another post about nerfing a class that they never play and have no idea about.

lucasnrachel
02-23-2017, 04:46 AM
When I back dodge as a Nobushi it does take stamina I can verify. Not sure about the rest anyone else test any other characters ? Can't imagine it would for back and not side to side since you need it for some moves.

Metal4ce
02-23-2017, 08:16 PM
Oh look, another post about nerfing a class that they never play and have no idea about.

I played all 4 classes and dodging makes it very easy to fight slower opponents. Increase Assasins health a bit and decrease dodging speed or implement stamina cost, so players have to rely on parries and blocks more.

Delectable_Sin
02-23-2017, 08:23 PM
*sigh, another one of these threads...

People, think about what you're asking for. If you attach stamina to any sort of defensive maneuver, then the first person to run out of stamina by attacking too much will auto lose, because there is no hope of recovering by playing defensively. Seriously, what do you expect people to do when they run out of stamina? Sit there completely stationary and pray that the other person leaves them alone until their stamina is full?

It's a good damn thing that people like the TS don't control game decisions.

You can't dodge GB's, and the best way to destroy an assassin is to drain their stamina by way of bashes or GB's. LB's and Warden destroy assassins when played properly, in fact, the shielded characters do too.