PDA

View Full Version : Reviving. Any balanced solution in the future?

YappysDaBeast
02-22-2017, 09:29 PM
For deathmatch a different type of revive system needs to be put in place to balance this.
I know people will say execute noob! But thats not always an option.
How you revive a team mate and do the animation, there should be a counter to that. You should be able to execute downed players that takes like 5-10seconds or something with a impaling animation to make sure they are dead. Obviously this would leave you exposed.

The amount of times i've seen people been instant revive from perks/and gear stats is beyond silly.
I know almost all of you have been in a situation when you're out numbered fighting against more opponents whilst one hangs back and rezzes the dead. Making all your efforts useless unless you have your Tier 4 Perk ready to use on them all.
Now that being said. There should either be a finisher animation to execute already downed players or a revive limit, 1 revive per person sounds a bit more balanced than this reviving system for Deathmatch.

Also, I'm waiting for the trolls to comment pointless crap on this thread.
Thanks for your time.

YappysDaBeast
02-22-2017, 09:41 PM
Yeah.... no. They should not implement that. For one, when you aren't executed you have a 12 sec respawn time so what is your end game goal for this 10 second execution that can be used on already dead players?

You're frustrated that when you kill an enemy and his 3 friends come to revive him it's nearly impossible for you to stop them. Alright, yeah, well, that's sort of the point. You're upset because people use Speed Revive as a Feat which they unlock during gameplay. You're upset because they stack this feat with gear that ups revive speed instead of using it on more useful gear bonuses.

What exactly are you upset about? That people are choosing to design their perks in such a way that does not work with how you want the game to be played. Sorry, not sorry. Speed Revive is a feat for a reason.

You obviously cannot read. I SAID DEATHMATCH (AKA ELIMINATION)

tonycawley69
02-22-2017, 09:45 PM
Like nearly everything in this game, it's balanced, there is a counter to it, you mentioned it yourself, it's called execution.

YappysDaBeast
02-22-2017, 09:51 PM
Like nearly everything in this game, it's balanced, there is a counter to it, you mentioned it yourself, it's called execution.

Typical response of a nobrainer. You know you cannot always finish with a heavy attack? Higher tier games people know how to get downed and not executed so they can be revived later on.
Also when out numbered as the last man 1v3/1v4. Most the time you will just be zerged by people being revived over and over again ontop of you whilst you're fighting.

So maybe mmm think more before you post a comment with no insight? Yeah?

Munktor
02-22-2017, 09:51 PM
You obviously cannot read. I SAID DEATHMATCH (AKA ELIMINATION)

I thought there were no revives in Elimination.

I could be wrong, but I thought only 2v2 brawl, dominion, and skirmish had revives.

YappysDaBeast
02-22-2017, 09:58 PM

I could be wrong, but I thought only 2v2 brawl, dominion, and skirmish had revives.

Nope you can be revived an infinite amount of times along as an execution hasn't been finished.

Toast_Addict
02-22-2017, 10:00 PM
honestly, once they patch out bots respawning from leavers it wont be an issue.

I usually just stand on the dead guys who can be respawned.... fasted way to the fight =D

Allyrion8
02-22-2017, 10:01 PM

There are revives in elimination and it's silly. It's fine in Skirmish and Dominion but not Elimination. It becomes a circus when people keep reviving. You should execute but killing the enemy comes first and you may not have the luxury to let an killing light hit pass just to secure and execution.

Then there's a meta about guarding non executed the bodies in Elimination as a result. It's dumb though, it would be a better mode if you just win your fights and the victors face off.

D_cover
02-22-2017, 10:07 PM
The are loads of options to this. Side step and get your heavy attack in this words well on conquerors. If you fail the execution you guard the body. In these game modes it is a team effort.

If you are just downing people and walking off to gank other players of course the other team if going to revive. It is called strategy. The first thing I do after winning my fight in elimination is revive any of my team mates that have gone down to give me the numbers advantage.

Hackfraysn
02-22-2017, 10:10 PM
For deathmatch a different type of revive system needs to be put in place to balance this.
I know people will say execute noob! But thats not always an option.
How you revive a team mate and do the animation, there should be a counter to that. You should be able to execute downed players that takes like 5-10seconds or something with a impaling animation to make sure they are dead. Obviously this would leave you exposed.

The amount of times i've seen people been instant revive from perks/and gear stats is beyond silly.
I know almost all of you have been in a situation when you're out numbered fighting against more opponents whilst one hangs back and rezzes the dead. Making all your efforts useless unless you have your Tier 4 Perk ready to use on them all.
Now that being said. There should either be a finisher animation to execute already downed players or a revive limit, 1 revive per person sounds a bit more balanced than this reviving system for Deathmatch.

Also, I'm waiting for the trolls to comment pointless crap on this thread.
Thanks for your time.

To be honest I'm more concerned about the "pick a fast runner and get all the buffs, then fight later" marathon that seems to become meta. I don't mind revives as much as I mind those damned buffs.

lucasnrachel
02-22-2017, 10:12 PM
I hate when they see who they are facing off against and run off. I hate fighting spammers but I stand and take my medicine even when I know the player is better. Stand and fight , take it like a woman/man.

Beneathar
02-22-2017, 10:15 PM
There is actually a way to prevent the revive of an enemy you werent able to execute:

GUARD THE CORPSE!

Yes, that works. stand nearby and face everybody attempting to revive the fallen guy.

If you run away, your opponent will be revived by quite the high chance, but if you guard the corpse you have a good chance to wait out the time until hes finally really dead.

Thats how I do it. And most of the time someone steps by to revive and i get yet another kill (or at least another corpse to guard)

o0 DaGnOmE 0o
02-22-2017, 10:17 PM
My only issue is the fact that if you kill someone while they are on the ground from a throw, etc, you cannot execute them even with a heavy. As far as I am concerned if someone is laying on the ground defenseless and you heavy attack them for the kill it should be an instant execution.

Toast_Addict
02-22-2017, 10:20 PM
My only issue is the fact that if you kill someone while they are on the ground from a throw, etc, you cannot execute them even with a heavy. As far as I am concerned if someone is laying on the ground defenseless and you heavy attack them for the kill it should be an instant execution.

YES, this absolutely.

D_cover
02-22-2017, 10:24 PM
There is actually a way to prevent the revive of an enemy you werent able to execute:

GUARD THE CORPSE!

Yes, that works. stand nearby and face everybody attempting to revive the fallen guy.

If you run away, your opponent will be revived by quite the high chance, but if you guard the corpse you have a good chance to wait out the time until hes finally really dead.

Thats how I do it. And most of the time someone steps by to revive and i get yet another kill (or at least another corpse to guard)

Yes, I've won quite a few games by standing a few feet away. Someone will see me try for the revive and I'll just dash in with a heavy attack or throw them off an edge.

It just comes down to strategy and I'm sure it was intended to be like that.

People forget this is a team game for the most part and it would take a lot away if you could just go round doing finishers to people that can be revived.

Fuqbois
02-22-2017, 11:19 PM

GUARD THE CORPSE!

This also isn't always an option, lets say you are on a 1v3 or 2v4 situation, you manage to kill one enemy, they can 100% be revived, if you try to stop you will be punished and probably die. There is no coming back in this situation. Several times i was able to kill people in 1v3 and they get revived, and this is specially bad against fast characters and buffs.

Lets say i'm fighting 2 people, i kill one, the other runs away to get buffs, i can't chase him cause the body will be unprotected, and if i stay he will buff up and get way stronger.

Reviving should be limited, have a cooldown, or just be taken off from elimination.

YappysDaBeast
02-23-2017, 05:01 PM

This has happened plenty! You parry them and they fall to the ground. Finish with a heavy attack but get no execution -.-

AkimuMC
02-23-2017, 05:52 PM
The balance is in the fact that both teams are able to perform revives.

So you didn't execute your opponent? Well, you are aware of the fact that he can be revived. Your solutions are limited, but there are solutions.

Firstly, you should always go for the execute. Sure, it isn't always feasible but that is your primary solution. Executed bodies do not come back to life... If you are not good at finishing with an execution, go for a ledge push. If they aren't on the map, they cannot be revived...

Well, you were unable to execute your opponent and you were not able to push them off the cliff... "OH NO!!! WHAT DO WE DO!!!???" Well, your options have been given to you. You can guard the body if that seems like the best option, or you can move on about the map. The great thing about games is when the give you choice, and it is even better when they give you tougher choices. This can certainly be a tougher choice.

If the other team is better than your team, you are going to lose. Revive is part of the game. If you don't like it, go find some of these "holier than thou" players, start a group, and play custom games in what ever twisted way you want. If you don't want to have revives, agree to that with your group. If you want to just emote and sing songs in the middle of the map, go for it! Just don't come in and spout off that rules and mechanics should be changed because you cannot adapt and win with the current version. Lol, "adapt"? This feature has been in the game since beta and you still haven't come up with a solution in your game play? I also imagine you are the player that walks past a teammate who could be revived because you want to get involved in a 3v1?

Good luck, you seem to need it...

YappysDaBeast
02-23-2017, 06:10 PM
Another brain dead kid.
"Good luck, you seem to need it" Don't even bother responding on this thread if you're just going to be a troll.

No one respond to this kid.

AkimuMC
02-23-2017, 06:29 PM
Another brain dead kid.
"Good luck, you seem to need it" Don't even bother responding on this thread if you're just going to be a troll.

No one respond to this kid.

Nice rebuttal... Calling someone a kid and brain dead, yet I am the troll for proposing the mechanic is balanced as both teams can use the feature equally... ok... I meant good luck in the game since it seems you are losing a lot, but now I mean good luck in life. You obviously have no concept of how to have a discussion nor how to deal with opposing views.

Do people even know what a troll is any longer? Or is it just common practice to call anyone who disagrees with you a troll? Trigger much?