PDA

View Full Version : Remove directional throw from brawl.

MeetYaMaster
02-22-2017, 01:23 PM
Make it happen, please up vote and show your frustration. UBI should be ashamed of themselves for all the cliffs, pits and such they have added to all the maps. Ledge throwing has no place in a competitive environment. It defeats the purpose of the game.

MeetYaMaster
02-22-2017, 01:36 PM
Why? Are you a CoD fan?

MeetYaMaster
02-22-2017, 01:44 PM
Of course you'r a scrub. You loose your fights and so you abuse GB.

Duuklah
02-22-2017, 01:47 PM
Once they rework GB it wont be so bad.

That DOES need to happen tho. The window to counter is like a millisecond and you cant spam through it.

Felis_Menari
02-22-2017, 02:01 PM
Once they rework GB it wont be so bad.

That DOES need to happen tho. The window to counter is like a millisecond and you cant spam through it.

You shouldn't be able to spam a counter guard break anyways (much like you can't spam parry attempts for a single attack). But the timing is definitely off, and being able to counter the guard break too early during the guard break process is absolutely ridiculous.

MeetYaMaster
03-09-2017, 04:00 PM
Well some weeks have passe and i still very much hate UBI for all these pits and cliffs and spikes and holes and shallow water that you can drown in simply because you failed a single guard break. This **** has no place in brawls.

Turric4n666
03-09-2017, 04:03 PM
Smash Brothers is disagreeing with you.

MeetYaMaster
03-09-2017, 04:11 PM
whoever they are, they can't handle a real fight.

xx007iam
03-09-2017, 04:13 PM
Ring outs in 3D fighters are pretty common pal.

Also, you necro'ed your own post.

Turric4n666
03-09-2017, 04:14 PM
whoever they are, they can't handle a real fight.

It's a game from Nintendo and its one of the rare Nintendo competitive titles.

MeetYaMaster
03-09-2017, 04:16 PM
Hardly. I'm a pc gamer.

chiller2k3
03-09-2017, 05:16 PM
"Smash Brothers - Who ever they are, they cannot handle a fight" - Meister Lampe 2017

BreakingInMan
03-09-2017, 05:22 PM
Using the word "competitive" for this game should be banned. This game is so far from the realm of competitive.

OP is another kid who stopped playing "competitive" Destiny. What a joke!

OP needs to take my advice below, listed step-by-step:

1. Get yourself a tissue.

2. Get a 24" x 24" x 24" box or plastic container.

3. Go to the area of your moms basement where your PS4, PC or Xbox is located.

4. Unplug all the cords.

5. Put all the equipment in a box.

6. Throw the box in the trash.

7. Go find yourself a girl.

8. GET LAID!!!

9. Read these steps over and over again until they make sense.

Turric4n666
03-09-2017, 05:26 PM
Like it or not but every pvp game is competitive. Some more some less.

Nomir2016
03-09-2017, 05:35 PM
The directional throw is not a problem, but the huge amount of hazards in every map is insane. I think gamedesigners put it everywhere because they never planned this game to be taken that seriously and competetive, there is not even ranked mode yet.
I think better would be if they make like two versions for every map. One version as it is right now, and second version with less broken fences, railings, holes, cliffs. So there could be unbrokem railing, some ropes or baricades at edge of cliffs and so on. Its not even that much work to add those models there.
So basicaly there will be 50% matches at maps with less hazards , so even notorious throwers will be forced to focus more at fighting.
So 50/50 is fine for both group of players, for those who love throwing and those who dont.

I think its a briliant idea, I have it like since beta, because sometimes the throwing can be so frustrating :)

Pope138
03-09-2017, 05:41 PM
I don't know.
In my opinion, environmental kills isn't a noob way to get kills, it's a noob way to get yourself killed.
Environment hazards are easy to avoid and 9/10 when it happens to me I instantly recognize it as my mistake.

Jimwise123
03-09-2017, 05:55 PM
I enjoy environmental deaths/kills, i think they add some amusement to the game and make you more aware of your surroundings. You really can avoid being next to a hazard, it's not that difficult if they're really giving you trouble.

DerHerbman
03-09-2017, 05:57 PM
DP, sorry

DerHerbman
03-09-2017, 05:58 PM
They are not that hard once you mastered the GB, but they are overdoing the environment traps in my opinion. Every second match you start on a small bridge or something like this, especially in Duels. In the open Maps it's not that big of a problem.

Here is my workaround: Run to a better spot! Seriously, when Im not in the mood of a GB battle I just walk to a better spot on the map. The problem here is that these spots are often very small and not ideal to fight in.

pure_energist
03-09-2017, 07:32 PM
I also don't mind the pits so much as It then becomes a different fight. Who's going to attempt the obvious GB/ who's going to get punished with Light Strikes/ Who's going to make the first big mistake. I enjoy these moments because they create more intensity when played against another cautious player as well. For the Noobs that always rush in for the GB the are easily beaten; especially now that GB tech is more reliable. For me the pit fights are a fun test of patience and counter thinking; the 2nd fight is nearly always in an areas that is more open to test your actual fight game against the opponent. So Game 1 (Who's going to make the first big mistake test) Game 2 ( Who has the better overall Fighting Technique).. Having instant kills I feel does heighten the game as it creates more intensity by having an instant consequence of making the wrong move.... For me, Facing off against a thinking player on a bridge can be just as intense as when facing a player when we both have critical health and one more hit wins. ( I will say before the GB change It was more frustrating as countering GB was mostly done with light attacks which when blocked did leave some characters open for a GB) With Patch 1.03 I'm enjoying these pit moments much more knowing the mistake that is made is mine and not a broken game.

sd_fungi
03-09-2017, 09:42 PM
The throws themselves are not as big of an issue as is the environment that forces the play style. Take the duels on the narrow bridges for example, you can pretty much only move forward and backwards, for some of the Heroes this removes some of their defensive and offensive options, and for others it plays straight into their strengths.

Having to adjust your play style as you move through an environment is one thing, a Hero having an advantage or disadvantage because of the environment is something else all together.

ZoB.Raymond
03-09-2017, 09:57 PM
Do like when you play Pokemon Go : "Watch your surrounding"

Dude, I played a lot of diminion, there are holes and **** everywhere. I trhow people in, I almost never got throwed in because I just place myself safe. Also because conqueror can throw ridiculously far ... I admit :D

ItsHolyman666
03-09-2017, 10:00 PM
Uh oh.... someone got pushed off a ledge/into the spikes/into the fire again

MeetYaMaster
03-09-2017, 11:16 PM
I just don't think someone should be given a free kill simply because they pressed a single button. I've often destroyed people with combo's and at the end they managed to get a single GB in and ledge throw me. It's not as simple as staying away from ledges because they are everywhere.

Reign
03-09-2017, 11:55 PM
We should just make a circular arena, 10 ft walls around it, no gear, no revenge, only one hero to choose from, no guard breaks, no defense, all attacks and then the forums will quiet down. Cause with all the friggin whining this is the destination we are headed to.

ShadowFetus
03-09-2017, 11:56 PM
The throws themselves are not as big of an issue as is the environment that forces the play style. Take the duels on the narrow bridges for example, you can pretty much only move forward and backwards, for some of the Heroes this removes some of their defensive and offensive options, and for others it plays straight into their strengths.

Having to adjust your play style as you move through an environment is one thing, a Hero having an advantage or disadvantage because of the environment is something else all together.

I agree, I don't mind the mechanic and it adds another element to strategy and combat.

However, as stated above, there are certain maps in duels that clearly play to a Hero's strengths, while at the same time playing to other Hero's weaknesses. It would be fine if you could attempt to make your way to a larger area, but on the bridge maps that literally is not possible, which can make for some shallow duels.

SeeNoWeevil
03-10-2017, 12:01 AM
Environment kill are great. More please.