PDA

View Full Version : My thought to change on blocking and parry

silverbee330
02-22-2017, 01:07 PM
There were so many complaints on super defensive play style. As a warlord main, although I am not good enough to block/parry all the attacks, I can see what a really skilled person can do. Here is what i think the change can be without nerfing the defensive play style too much.

1) break the parry into two categories, the perfect parry and normal parry. The perfect parry works the same as the parry now and with the normal parry, the defender can't punish as much as a perfect parry by either get pushed back by the attack if its a really big swing or unblockable, or the attacker has a faster recovery so the defender only get a light. The response of a parry should be different depend on what attack was parried. The window for parry can be split between perfect and normal parry, for example, if parry has a window of 5 frames, perfect parry can be at frame 2 and 3, or 4 and 5 depending on what attack was parried.

2) blockingand parry should cost stamina. Maybe 1/3 of the attack when blocking and 1/5 when parrying. Number need to be balanced of course. But defender's stamina should keep regenerating.

Wiht these changes, each parry will feel different, and it will not always get the same results. If you are that skilled to know how to perfect parry all attacks, then you deserve it. Blocking also has some cost to it. So if i got wacked by the berserker with all these heavy, i should not be at full stamina.

This is my first post here. Please let me know if this make sense.