PDA

View Full Version : PC bias towards console?

Valtaya
02-22-2017, 11:05 AM
Well... title says it all, is there a bias towards PC users compared to console users?

I play For Honor on PC for a few days now and had the pleaseure to watch and play on console as well.

1) "Matchmaking" and gamestability is much much much much MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUCH better on console then on PC...
2) The controls seems to have a virtual lag build in, on console all actions are executed imediately after you press the corresponding control button... on the PC, compared to console, if you perform some action, it takes like forever before it is executed... you want to change stance from left to right? Well, move the mouse 1-2 inches, or nothing happens. And it is even worse, way too often the action snaps back... so you are on the left, move mouse to right and think "yay I did it" and then see how your stance is still left... sorry but wtf is that? Is this some sort of a control mechanism to prevent changing stances accidentaly? "YOu have to move your mouse like half a mile so we can go sure you realy wanted to change the stance". Long story short, compared to console, PC controls are extremely clumsy.

CaptainGelo
02-22-2017, 11:27 AM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/012/443/Naamloos-2_bewerkt-1.jpg

Gnarxly
02-22-2017, 11:30 AM
Well... title says it all, is there a bias towards PC users compared to console users?

I play For Honor on PC for a few days now and had the pleaseure to watch and play on console as well.

1) "Matchmaking" and gamestability is much much much much MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUCH better on console then on PC...
2) The controls seems to have a virtual lag build in, on console all actions are executed imediately after you press the corresponding control button... on the PC, compared to console, if you perform some action, it takes like forever before it is executed... you want to change stance from left to right? Well, move the mouse 1-2 inches, or nothing happens. And it is even worse, way too often the action snaps back... so you are on the left, move mouse to right and think "yay I did it" and then see how your stance is still left... sorry but wtf is that? Is this some sort of a control mechanism to prevent changing stances accidentaly? "YOu have to move your mouse like half a mile so we can go sure you realy wanted to change the stance". Long story short, compared to console, PC controls are extremely clumsy.

Pretty sure you are having halucinations, or maybe some internal problem.

PlagueGripes
02-22-2017, 11:30 AM
There is something bizarre about PC compared to PS4. I can't place it, but it does feel sluggish, like it's compensating for something in a game made for 30 FPS. Or something.

Mr.Miyagi90
02-22-2017, 11:34 AM
Pretty sure you are having halucinations, or maybe some internal problem.

Well atleast the part about controlls is 100% correct.

Allthough i assume its a problem with keyboard and mouse itself, my mate whos playing with a controller doesn´t seem to have any sort of problems whatsoever.

GungZA
02-22-2017, 03:30 PM
disable vsync, it causes massive input delay.

Fuzzybutts
02-22-2017, 03:36 PM
There is something bizarre about PC compared to PS4. I can't place it, but it does feel sluggish, like it's compensating for something in a game made for 30 FPS. Or something.

It may be why the mouse control in guard mode feels incredibly sluggish. Not too sure.