PDA

View Full Version : Massive population drop?

Agent__Panda
02-22-2017, 03:41 AM
So a few days ago the max population Ive seen in the social menu was over 80k and currently at this time its just under 40k,

Has anyone seen the population numbers swell to 80k or close to it recently? like 3 days ago. It could be the time I'm playing at.

When is "peak" hour?

DemonReborn23
02-22-2017, 03:45 AM
yesterday saw 177 000 afternoon and today saw 77 000 same time so yeah i think people are leaving, dont you also find strange that you are playing all day long against the same players 3 times in a row??

Agent__Panda
02-22-2017, 03:49 AM
Yeah I do! I am referring to the PC version of the game. the most I saw was 80k and then some on release and a few days after that,.

The_B0G_
02-22-2017, 04:38 AM
I never seen it drop below 110k on ps4

Delectable_Sin
02-22-2017, 04:44 AM
I saw over 100k in the beginning on pc.

The problem is all of the QoL BS with this game. P2P, hackers, constant connectivity issues, inconsistent controls, lack of variety, etc.

Karma_Ghost
02-22-2017, 04:45 AM
Of course there were more players active 3 days ago. It was Saturday. Most people work weekdays.

Drekle
02-22-2017, 04:50 AM
Yeah P2P will kill the PC versions fast I'm sure.

Fuzzybutts
02-22-2017, 05:06 AM
I think I know exactly whats going on here...

PEOPLE HAVE JOBS AND YOU WEREN'T ONLINE AT PEAK HOURS

Given you posted the thread at 2AM

tonycawley69
02-22-2017, 05:09 AM
I never thought I'd see such Idiocy as I saw on the Destiny forums when I was in to that, I guess I was wrong.

Obviously the game is going to have peak numbers on release day and for a few days after, then those numbers fail off a little and settle. This has happened to every game ever released.

tonycawley69
02-22-2017, 05:10 AM

You do know that when it's 2am whatever you are, it's not 2am in the whole world, right?

Fuzzybutts
02-22-2017, 05:14 AM
You do know that when it's 2am whatever you are, it's not 2am in the whole world, right?

https://gyazo.com/c39d416ae7f347d20903e6f7718765ca

It was 2 am forum time. Not sure what clock this runs off of.

Agent__Panda
02-22-2017, 05:16 AM

It was 2pm here when I posted it so...............

I never thought I'd see such Idiocy as I saw on the Destiny forums when I was in to that, I guess I was wrong.

Obviously the game is going to have peak numbers on release day and for a few days after, then those numbers fail off a little and settle. This has happened to every game ever released.

"oh look at me I'm a smart ****" that's what I got from your statement. You didn't even answer my question.

In case you need reminding what I asked

"Has anyone seen the population numbers swell to 80k or close to it recently? like 3 days ago. When is "peak" hour?"

tonycawley69
02-22-2017, 05:23 AM

"oh look at me I'm a smart ****" that's what I got from your statement. You didn't even answer my question.

"Has anyone seen the population numbers swell to 80k or close to it recently? like 3 days ago. When is "peak" hour?"

I directly addressed the reasons why it's unlikely to reach the numbers it did at launch. I don't get your point.

Maybe you only got "smart arse" from what I wrote because you have an inferiority complex?

Gretta_Blade
02-22-2017, 05:30 AM
So a few days ago the max population Ive seen in the social menu was over 80k and currently at this time its just under 40k,

Has anyone seen the population numbers swell to 80k or close to it recently? like 3 days ago. It could be the time I'm playing at.

When is "peak" hour?

I dropped off playing, it just got really repetitive really fast. Plagued by disconnects, long matchmaking only to be dumped or told the match is full. Combat system is interesting for a few hours. There is no honor, more like gank fest, double someone quickly dispatch them and move on. to the point where in a 4v4 my opponent immediately ran to his ally right off the bat. I wish i hadnt spent the sixty bucks but i was excited and the vids looked good.

Then in a duel at lvl 7 my opponent is prestige 2 lvl 45, seriously? Ive never seen that in any game ive ever played, thats just stupid. Lets give level 1s a lvl 100 boss....

Kina-ono
02-22-2017, 05:33 AM
Yeah, I haven't played the game for 3days now. I'm just not going to waste time from getting constantly kicked out of the game.

The game's great, but this is my first and last game from Ubisoft :)

Agent__Panda
02-22-2017, 05:34 AM
I directly addressed the reasons why it's unlikely to reach the numbers it did at launch. I don't get your point.

Maybe you only got "smart arse" from what I wrote because you have an inferiority complex?

This is what you wrote

"I never thought I'd see such Idiocy as I saw on the Destiny forums when I was in to that, I guess I was wrong.

Like"

This is what I asked

"Has anyone seen the population numbers swell to 80k recently"

Its a yes or no question. I never asked why the population dropped.

tonycawley69
02-22-2017, 05:38 AM
This is what you wrote

"I never thought I'd see such Idiocy as I saw on the Destiny forums when I was in to that, I guess I was wrong.

Like"

This is what I asked

"Has anyone seen the population numbers swell to 80k recently"

Its a yes or no question. I never asked why the population dropped.

The title of your thread is "massive population drop?".

You are asking whether there has been one, I was explaining why there has been one and attempting to show you it's quite normal for any new-release game.

Agent__Panda
02-22-2017, 05:44 AM
The title of your thread is "massive population drop?".

You are asking whether there has been one, I was explaining why there has been one and attempting to show you it's quite normal for any new-release game.

So just about when are you going to properly contribute to the thread, on the subject of HAVE YOU OR HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THE POPULATION GOT TO 80K IN THE PAST FEW DAYS.

AGAIN I NEVER ASKED FOR AN EXPLANATION ON WHY THE POPULATION DROPPED.

If you're going to ramble on about point B when I am asking about A then just stop replying.

tonycawley69
02-22-2017, 05:46 AM
So just about when are you going to properly contribute to the thread, on the subject of HAVE YOU OR HAVE YOU NOT SEEN THE POPULATION GOT TO 80K IN THE PAST FEW DAYS.

AGAIN I NEVER ASKED FOR AN EXPLANATION ON WHY THE POPULATION DROPPED.

If you're going to ramble on about point B when I am asking about A then just stop replying.

Quite clearly I have directly responded to this. No, the population hasn't reached that of the release weekend, for the reasons I explained.

Gumavarie
02-22-2017, 05:57 AM
Enough you two. Move along.

Agent__Panda
02-22-2017, 05:57 AM
Quite clearly I have directly responded to this. No, the population hasn't reached that of the release weekend, for the reasons I explained.

I never asked for the reason .

tonycawley69
02-22-2017, 06:00 AM
I never asked for the reason and I never asked about the population for the release weekend.

Who made you forum boss exactly? I replied to your post in the best way I saw fit, unfortunately for you, you don't get to say what people reply with into your post.

If you didn't like my reply, just ignore it. Simple.

Hackfraysn
02-22-2017, 04:47 PM

When is "peak" hour?

This game is dying. Rightfully so. P2P turned out to be exactly the garbage everyone predicted it will be, the matchmaking is the most horrible and unfair piece of manure I've ever seen in 28 years of video gaming and then there's the constant bugs with matches crashing, network issues etc. Guardbreak is horrible and unreliable. A fix was annouced almost on launch day, yet one week later still nothing has happened. Input lag is a serious issue for some people, blocking doesn't work sometimes. Controls feel sluggish, like you're playing under water or in mud. Funny thing is everything seemed to work better in the betas. Wasn't perfect by any means, but way better than the launch code.

Then there's always online, a token campaign to justify the 60$ price tag and for PC users the infamous Uplay client that everyone (rightfully) hates.

People can deal with the bugs and crashes, but the fundamentals of this game have to be top notch - which they just aren't, hence why the game is dying. New players get scared away by the horrible matchmaking and honestly I can't blame them when your very first match is literally against multiple prestige 2+ enemies. In this day and age you only get one shot at this. If you don't manage to fully deliver on your first impression, your game will be a ghost town in less than a couple of months. No gamer is willing to give you a second chance. Despite all it's potential, this game is done. It could have been so much more than a full-price AAA early access title.

I was willing to give Ubisoft the benefit of doubt despite their reputation, especially considering how amazing both betas have been, but sadly they dropped the ball royally and managed to disappoint all across the board once again. This time, it'll be for the last time. At least for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy to bash them. They have the most amazing and promising new IPs and it just boggles my mind how such a creative company can screw up their newly created games so royally. This game could have easily been a goldmine, if only they had shown some common sense instead of infinite greed and cheapness.

I'm genuinely sad Ubisoft managed to prove once again that their negative reputation is well-deserved.

Dez_troi_aR
02-22-2017, 05:08 PM
The game is not dying.

The p2p you whine about is actually standart for fighters and problematic netcodes is nothing uncommon for new games (just remember destiny).

The playerbase will shrink down over the next weeks when people realise that this is a skillbased and unforgiving game with a steep learning curve and not the "Cool-Knights-stroming-castles"-simulator they projected into it based on the trailers.

taraaxe
02-22-2017, 06:30 PM
https://gyazo.com/c39d416ae7f347d20903e6f7718765ca

It was 2 am forum time. Not sure what clock this runs off of.

Forum runs off GMT. You can change it in your profile.

corazondedelfin
02-22-2017, 06:35 PM
I hope the game doesnt go down in population so fast, because I just got it two days and a half ago!

I created this thread, I would be really happy if some of you want to be part of the small group I would like to make to play this game for a long long time through the weeks and months.

The thread I just wrote its here, please come and read so maybe you are interested :) http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1586706-Looking-to-create-a-small-clan-for-new-players-to-play-For-Honor-together!-(PS4)

Munktor
02-22-2017, 06:41 PM
May be dying on PC, but on PS4 i've yet to see it less than 100k peeps online.

KnifeInUrNeck
02-22-2017, 07:10 PM
There's no endgame content. You get your heroic gear and then what? Do the exact same thing again or just keep grinding. Duels are fun but get old. And don't get me started on connection issues. Even with a green NAT, it doesn't matter. Wanna play with friends? Good luck keeping the party together or not getting dropped from a match.

ShaukDotDJ
02-22-2017, 07:12 PM
yeah, ps4 is strong. p2p isn't to blame, every fighting game uses it, get over your imagined expertise on networking. This is the protocol they're going to use, they just need to keep working on it and clean it up. that's all there is to it. You don't throw out an entire platform when it demonstrably has the ability to matchmake hundreds of thousands of people and millions of matches just fine

in any case, it's got better online play than No Man's Sky ever did eh? lol

CitizenPuddi
02-22-2017, 07:21 PM
There's no endgame content. You get your heroic gear and then what? Do the exact same thing again or just keep grinding. Duels are fun but get old.

I see people post this a lot, and I'm still struggling to find the justification of this complaint.

Like...

There's literally no endgame content to a lot of popular competitive games.

Call of Duty? Street Fighter? Tekken? <insert popular survival game here>?

All games eventually run out of stuff to do or strive for.

Though I will say For Honor could really benefit from a proper ranked mode.

TexMinimus
02-22-2017, 07:22 PM
Who made you forum boss exactly? I replied to your post in the best way I saw fit, unfortunately for you, you don't get to say what people reply with into your post.

If you didn't like my reply, just ignore it. Simple.

you replied in the best way? you talked about idiocy. is this your best way how to talk to others?

JayyRupp
02-22-2017, 07:28 PM

When is "peak" hour?
Lmfao. It's sure as **** not 2:41 am. There's always over 100,000 online unless it's super late/early (Xbox).

JayyRupp
02-22-2017, 07:29 PM
you replied in the best way? you talked about idiocy. is this your best way how to talk to others?
Go write a poem under a rainbow.

AkimuMC
02-22-2017, 07:50 PM
Lmfao. It's sure as **** not 2:41 am. There's always over 100,000 online unless it's super late/early (Xbox).

I play on Xbox as well, and almost always notice 100k +/- online. Can't say I remember the highest number exactly, but maybe around 177k?

It seems Xbox on the PS got the "working version"... I don't have many disconnects, and I can group up every time I try, and the group holds through multiple matches... So, P2P is seemingly working just fine for me with this game.

All the other complaints are trivial at best. "Character (x) is OP!", "Gear is OP!", and from my experience, these things aren't exactly true. It certainly appeasr that there is a player base in the community that first wants the rules changed (the "fight with honor" crowd) to cater to their play style. Then, I think some people are just bad... and that is ok, but some folks egos won't allow them to believe they are bad, because obviously they are super skilled samurai/viking/knight assassination machines. Do you know how many hours they have in Assassins Creed? Meh, I have killed every character in the game, multiple times. I am better at using some characters than others and it is fairly obvious why I lose the fights I do. Sure, occasionally I get the glitchy blocking (where I cannot block normal attacks at all) and so I just switch tactics to dodges... seems to work. I have killed characters with yellow rated gear while I had gray... I am not even that good at the game I don't think... I just find the entertainment in it. Isn't that the point?

If you aren't having fun, move on. Play something you enjoy, and if all you enjoy is winning (which I agree is much more fun to do than lose) play a game you are good at. Or, if you like this game, practice this and get better. All the excuses for why this game is awful just don't ring too true to me and they are opinionated.

Then add a salty corrosive forums to the mix, and bam! This is what you get. Either way I will keep playing. It is a great game to throw on when I only have 15 minutes of free time to get a match or 3 in... (Yep, Xbox is getting me matches within 30 seconds for 4v4 modes, duel and brawl are a bit slower, maybe a full minute wait).

Gnarxly
02-22-2017, 07:53 PM
Who could have ever imagined a game would get hyped at release, but than drop down in population as people get their doze and chill or move on.
This was NEVER seen in ANY game before, quite a phenomena I must say!

iHunny
02-22-2017, 08:17 PM
Who could have ever imagined a game would get hyped at release, but than drop down in population as people get their doze and chill or move on.
This was NEVER seen in ANY game before, quite a phenomena I must say!

Evolve? Devision? Loads of games if you been around.

Tazimuss
02-22-2017, 08:28 PM
I dropped off playing, it just got really repetitive really fast. Plagued by disconnects, long matchmaking only to be dumped or told the match is full. Combat system is interesting for a few hours. There is no honor, more like gank fest, double someone quickly dispatch them and move on. to the point where in a 4v4 my opponent immediately ran to his ally right off the bat. I wish i hadnt spent the sixty bucks but i was excited and the vids looked good.

Then in a duel at lvl 7 my opponent is prestige 2 lvl 45, seriously? Ive never seen that in any game ive ever played, thats just stupid. Lets give level 1s a lvl 100 boss....

Just because you're bad and can't adapt to new tactics doesn't mean the tactics are bad, it means you can't adapt. In those 4v4's where your opponent ran to his ally, WHY THE FK WOULDN'T HE?!

That duel with a prestige 2? It means nothing. There are no stats in 1v1/2v2. You were both on even ground. Git gud or GTFO.

Duckbit
02-23-2017, 12:32 AM
Evolve? Devision? Loads of games if you been around.

That was sarcasm you moron.

CuD_
02-23-2017, 12:35 AM
Some of us are patiently awaiting fixes.

The hotfix they did made things worse, not better, and that is having an effect.

Honeymoon period did not last long with this game, because for some reason Ubi is not moving fast enough. Too much longer and some of these people might not come back and that would be a shame, this game has GOAT potential and it is sad seeing it go to waste.