PDA

View Full Version : Falling off the edge in a new way.

Ironshins
02-22-2017, 02:22 AM
First off this is not about removing or stopping the use of pushing people off the edge.

When fighting near the edge you should know well enough to be careful of break attacks, pushes, and charges. Falling off the edge can sometimes be the end of an intense fight, and other times the end to a seemingly short rush. But what about when that is the only strategy of the entire team with max throw distance? Some heroes have the ability to rush push you right off the edge and that is the end of what didn't begin. But what about when they miss you and they are running in place at an invisible wall for 2 seconds staring down at a cliff? Why is there no consequence for a push only strategy? For Honor has so many realistic feels to it with weights and speeds of characters when it comes to gravity that you have to question why you can't just run yourself off a cliff in your own doing simply by making a mistake that is unrelated to the behavior of an enemy hero. If the counter argument to this mechanic is, "get good and don't let them push you" then you haven't yet been in a match where an entire team of warlords and raiders use there bull rush 95% for all their attacks. This is a simple fix that will bring more realism to the game and make everyone more careful an a better fighter.

Felis_Menari
02-22-2017, 02:27 AM
The only way running yourself over a ledge could be balanced is if additional input from the player could stop their charge short.

Ironshins
02-22-2017, 02:34 AM
The only way running yourself over a ledge could be balanced is if additional input from the player could stop their charge short.

Well currently you can't do this, which makes you run in place at the edge, so yeah they would need to find a way to make it balanced. But if you are going to use a really long charge, which appears to use a lot of force, near an edge, then there should be some consequences when making that decision rather than running in place.

GewaltSam
02-22-2017, 02:36 AM
I would dodge their rush to the side and initiate a pretty painful punish for it. In 4on4 modes, I would watch the radar closely for incoming enemies and try to dodge accordingly. I never had to adjust to something like this, so it would be pretty interesting

Knucksack
02-22-2017, 02:45 AM
While I agree that being able to see it coming and dodging it is the "counter" right now. It does not punish the character who attempted to bum rush you with all of their weight straight towards a cliff AT ALL. So essentially, you can beat this strategy about 3 or maybe even 4 out of 5 times. But that one time it does work,you are dead! It's over just like that. So the player who is willing to spam their charge attack near a ledge is willing to take the risk since they have no chance of being KO'ed or executed in one hit. On the contrary, they have a rather strong chance of being able to one hit KO the player they are focusing. It's an odds game. Sometimes I beat those players, sometimes I don't. However in all cases I know that the odds were stacked against me because he is not automatically punished for his or her's actions. Due to this lack of punishment, the play style will live on.

Ironshins
02-22-2017, 03:12 AM
I would dodge their rush to the side and initiate a pretty painful punish for it. In 4on4 modes, I would watch the radar closely for incoming enemies and try to dodge accordingly. I never had to adjust to something like this, so it would be pretty interesting

While dodging to the side may sometimes work, there is still instances where you are just enough in the grabbing radius of a charge that they bring you with anyway. You may be able to dodge a rushing charge over half the time, maybe even more. If a player uses this strategy as their single way of getting you killed then the chances of it working is going to go up. And if it is the strategy of the entire team then the effectiveness of dodging 2, 3, or even 4 rushes within a short window is going to seriously lower your chances of survival. All while they are safely running in place against a protective barrier. It punishes one player completely while ensuring survival to the other players. It would just be nice for such a silly flaw in realism to be fixed. Otherwise this will remain to be exploited.

GewaltSam
02-22-2017, 05:48 PM
While dodging to the side may sometimes work, there is still instances where you are just enough in the grabbing radius of a charge that they bring you with anyway. You may be able to dodge a rushing charge over half the time, maybe even more. If a player uses this strategy as their single way of getting you killed then the chances of it working is going to go up. And if it is the strategy of the entire team then the effectiveness of dodging 2, 3, or even 4 rushes within a short window is going to seriously lower your chances of survival. All while they are safely running in place against a protective barrier. It punishes one player completely while ensuring survival to the other players. It would just be nice for such a silly flaw in realism to be fixed. Otherwise this will remain to be exploited.

Pal, if somebody uses this as the single way of trying to kill me, I am happy and he will be sad soon. The real ****ers are those that don't overuse that one cookie cutter skill, but know when to use it best and when to vary their attacks. The shoulder into gb or hit, believe it or not, is no 50/50 you can only defend half of the time. There are options to crack this, and it's harder to explain than to show, honestly. It's not easy tho, and your gbc reflexes need to be in place before going at this.

Viking_44_
02-22-2017, 05:54 PM
I think if they miss you they should run off the edge i think thats more than fair, especially with (raiders, conquerors, warlords, and shugoki)

spawn10459
02-22-2017, 06:15 PM
If you ask me this system needs to be changed. you should have an opportunity to stop your self from falling off. When you get thrown half way across the map and stand up then fall out because the game is stupid I have issues.

1 guard break should not = auto win. this system needs to be removed from the game.

Ironshins
02-22-2017, 09:54 PM
Pal, if somebody uses this as the single way of trying to kill me, I am happy and he will be sad soon. The real ****ers are those that don't overuse that one cookie cutter skill, but know when to use it best and when to vary their attacks. The shoulder into gb or hit, believe it or not, is no 50/50 you can only defend half of the time. There are options to crack this, and it's harder to explain than to show, honestly. It's not easy tho, and your gbc reflexes need to be in place before going at this.

The real point here is that they can either get a kill or they can't, because the invisible wall is a safety net for a silly strategy. When a warlord or raider charges you, you have to get far out of the way or it sucks you into the charge almost. At most you might land a light attack while they can potentially get a kill. Maybe they should just run off the edge.

GewaltSam
02-23-2017, 01:14 AM
The real point here is that they can either get a kill or they can't, because the invisible wall is a safety net for a silly strategy. When a warlord or raider charges you, you have to get far out of the way or it sucks you into the charge almost. At most you might land a light attack while they can potentially get a kill. Maybe they should just run off the edge.

Try dodging out of the way not too far away from them, then instantly press GB. On to Round 3 it is.