PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else disappointed in the HOTFIX patch today?

Scoregasms2286
02-21-2017, 09:55 PM
Saw the game downloading a new patch when i was about to play.

Saw the notes were for a hotfix patch performance (which is fine and dandy).

What I am most upset about is, it didnt involve the Game improvements posted by a blue last week....When the heck are these going to be implemented???

Ubisoft, if you havent noticed, youre population for the game is steadily decreasing, why? Because it hasnt seen any changes, even when people give you video evidence of things being broke, all you say is we are looking into it or have a game improvement coming. You are beating around the bush, and those players who are quitting are getting annoyed at the state of a game, some even getting refunds.

Iunno ubi...maybe you should start doing something with the game?

Nipheria93
02-21-2017, 10:07 PM
Probably after they finish counting their moneys

Bracus_Maximus
02-21-2017, 10:13 PM
They seem to be really really slow when it comes to adjusting some parameters. Why did they tease us last week with those notes if they couldnt make it in a day or two? I was expecting that patch on last weekend, now its about a week passed.

Varicose_Veins
02-21-2017, 10:20 PM
They need to start getting a move on and they need to start enthusing this community.

I note when I look at Steam numbers playing today is at its lowest numbers playing since release.

Numbers should be heading the opposite way.

Also a bit concerned we never hear from the Community Manager here in the official Ubi forums for this game except for a couple of technical issue posts in the Announcements forum.

With all the problems we have with the game and the technical issues, we need to start hearing more from Ubi to help allay some community fears about where we are heading with this game.

Not at a crossroads yet, but we're fast approaching.

Scoregasms2286
02-21-2017, 10:33 PM
Yes I agree.

Sure they finally shed some light on the fact they were looking...but thats all.

Sure they even put out an improvement list of what to expect, I am just confused why they didnt implement it today with the hotfix?

If they already knew what they wanted to improve...? They implement hotfixes on R6 anytime throughout the week that needs fixing, and usually within a week will change improvements.

okfil
02-21-2017, 11:00 PM
They could atleast give a date for the balanceupdate.

I am really struggling to keep playing my Valkyrie.
Sure i get kills but it feels like i need 5x the effort to do it.

sonic44k
02-21-2017, 11:02 PM
They always have great game ideas but they always send it out broken and it takes them forever to fix the smallest of problems this an Ubi thing where I think I should always expect this from them . i think i will wait and look for other games from diffrent companyes that actualy do something and put worrys away for the community at this point in time they are to maney problems with the game and game meta

Scoregasms2286
02-21-2017, 11:21 PM
They always have great game ideas but they always send it out broken and it takes them forever to fix the smallest of problems this an Ubi thing where I think I should always expect this from them . i think i will wait and look for other games from diffrent companyes that actualy do something and put worrys away for the community at this point in time they are to maney problems with the game and game meta

this is how so many others feel, which is why the game is rapidly declining lol

I am thinking the same thing too...

Grimm7561
02-21-2017, 11:47 PM
Seems everything they release has same problems now you think they'd say let's have a dedicated team for this but they can't as there all out in there new sports cars we have all paid for !!!

Kaijudub
02-21-2017, 11:50 PM
127 odd thousand on playstation currently so although there might be issues the game is far from dying these sides.

This place sounds more like the division forum every day.

TucuReborn
02-21-2017, 11:56 PM
127 odd thousand on playstation currently so although there might be issues the game is far from dying these sides.

Peak on pc seems to be around 40-50k when I check.

Bracus_Maximus
02-22-2017, 12:06 AM
can you name one major release of the last two years without major flaws in the beginning?

Witcher 3

Blue_Swifts
02-22-2017, 12:09 AM
This game just reminds me of The Division, you play the beta but that's all you're going to get out of the game. For Honor is already one of those games that will take time to actually be good, just too many problems.

dts...
02-22-2017, 12:35 AM
can you name one major competitive multiplayer release of the last two years without major flaws in the beginning?

No. And that is pretty poor. Developers dont care anymore. They get the money no matter what they do. And even if the game dont sell so well... you pay 60€ for a game. i remember prices like 45€ for AAA Titels.

Astranger023
02-22-2017, 12:53 AM
I would say overwatch, it had and has no major issues and it's constantly being rebalanced.

CarnivalLaw
02-22-2017, 12:54 AM
Agreed. WTF Ubi?

Flello
02-22-2017, 03:13 AM
I too am getting pretty frustrated at the lack of communication and effort to fix this list of issues. All you ever hear is "keep an eye out." Yeah, we are, but we don't see a damn thing. Not even an update on the current situation of the fixes. We've been kept completely in the dark thus far.

The broken GB is really ruining the experience for me, too many times have I come across teams that just throw you off ledges because it doesn't matter if you're pressing GB, it doesn't even counter it, if they do the same anytime after then their GB trumps yours.

And the PK GB still isn't worth a toss. PK have to put in an awful lot more effort into a fight than some other classes right now. And don't give me the 'OP' excuse. At high levels of play, the PK only has very few options of initiation, and is easily countered by skilled players. With the GB triple stab still only doing 1/3 of the damage it should, it makes them pretty useless against turtle players.

DibVieklZlaumik
02-22-2017, 03:32 AM
Having been a gamer for a very long time, this is nothing new. The dedicated server issue is ALWAYS a main issue. Games that could have been. Instead they focus on guard break and buffing Valkyrie.

How about this, FIX YOUR NETWORK ARCHITECTURE. How about that ? Quit wasting our time. There is no way I will buy UBI games in the future if this is their idea of good, or should I say "good enough."

If they fix this the game will move to epic status in a couple of months. Heck, I would be willing to put up with network issues if I knew they were working towards dedicated host / servers. I might even pay a subscription fee for dedicated servers (if it was relatively low). The game has THAT epic of a fighting system.

Is free play P2P and paid dedicated servers even a possible option ? If not, it darn well should be.

Instead, we have to worry about DDOS cheaters and NAT issues because they chose the easy way. P2P. Forget about the buffs and whatnot.

Why do you think these companies always push out half baked betas to full release ? Because we keep buying it up like crack ? It must be.

symbioter
02-22-2017, 03:51 AM
Blizzard only makes like 1 game at a time though and they take ages

true, but their servers have always been flawless compared to any other Online Only games. in my experience

Brave_Thunder
02-22-2017, 09:55 AM
Blizzard always makes games that work, are entertaining and thought out. If every developer would be like Blizzard, we had not so big of a problem.

Blizzard has the best servers,but they are way too slow with balancing.The whole s3 was played with barely 1/3 of the roaster viable,while Riot pushes up patches every 2 weeks.

dts...
02-22-2017, 10:23 AM
Blizzard is nearly the only Company that makes me feel like they care about theyr games and the community. Every game got its own forum where mods take really care of the community

Ubisoft forum: Just a Few comments from mods mostly sayn "good thread, blabla, we tell someone to take a look at it...maybe"

I like it when developers talk to the community. To show they care about the people playing the games.

Eleanor-Ripley
02-22-2017, 10:31 AM
Erm... i remember wow launch.
Hardly stable servers.

V.i.c.i.o.u.S
02-22-2017, 10:54 AM
Blizzard has the best servers,but they are way too slow with balancing.The whole s3 was played with barely 1/3 of the roaster viable,while Riot pushes up patches every 2 weeks.

go play diablo3 and come back to say servers are fines..you can even have server issue by playing solo ^^ and about balancing..well..they cant even have 6 balanced classes..LOL..

Fa3r.
02-22-2017, 12:06 PM
This is my last Ubisoft title. I would have gotten a refund if I could have, and shame on me for buying what I knew from beta to be a turd. Same Ubisoft different day. Cash out. We keep buying this **** so they keep making it. I've had enough.

The mechanics and architecture of this game, hell, even the GUI could have been so much more thought out.

Instead we get so much ridiculous nonsense going on like warden vortex, lawbringer stamina lock spam....

This game just encourages being purely defensive and spamming 1 or 2 abilities from characters kits....and people think they are good players doing this.

All the top streamers just play the cheese shoulder bash spam, and it's so apparently broken.

There's no love here, and you can feel it.

Thanapetus
02-22-2017, 12:29 PM

Jesus dont bring up that cesspool

Kurou.No.Tatsu
02-22-2017, 02:05 PM
After the "Hotfix Patch" game stop working for me ... what els can I say ...

Jarek-
02-22-2017, 06:42 PM
I would say overwatch, it had and has no major issues and it's constantly being rebalanced.

Yea, Overwatch is an exemplary example of perfect release, no problems at release day, no problems after.

And of course, game ending by getting disconnect - it never happened to me there, unlike this TRASH P2P implementation.

SpazzticZeal
02-22-2017, 06:45 PM
true, but their servers have always been flawless compared to any other Online Only games. in my experience

You must have never played D2 at luanch.

Oni-Nikuya
02-22-2017, 07:01 PM
eh world of warcraft servers were a mess for the first probably 6 months or so, blizzard got their expertise in the form of a tireless beating and they weren't very friendly about it.

warlorth
02-22-2017, 09:50 PM

with good reason

symbioter
02-22-2017, 11:24 PM
You must have never played D2 at luanch.

no not at launch but that was so waaaay back... compare to any other games i that time i still reckon they managed the best